Are you still “quarantining” or have you resumed most activities?

I work in healthcare so I have been working the whole time but until a few weeks ago never went anywhere but work and home. My DH who works from home does all the grocery shopping. My first outing was pick up at Starbucks and last week finally went to Costco and the garden centre. The following day we went out for breakfast and dined in. I felt safe there especially as there was only 3 other small groups there are we were all spread out. It was mid week and mid morning so a quiet time t go. It felt nice doing something other than work and being at home. I have also been to an unexpected trip to the dentist. 😑

Our province ( British Columbia) is doing well and our cases are low. We have had one death in the last week after a long period of daily deaths. We are in phase 2 and will most likely be slowly moving into the next phase within the next few weeks if things continue as they have been. Our state of emergency has not been lifted yet though.

Last edited:
I'm still staying at home except for trips to the Post Office a few times a week and curbside pickup for groceries usually twice a month. I wait until the Post Office has been closed for hours before going so there is a lesser chance of being near anyone (the lobby with drop bins is open 24 hours a day). The last time I was in a store was the at the end of March.

On Friday, my county is green (PA) which means basicallly everything can open except large gatherings like sporting events but I'm not rushing out. Cases have been dropping in the state with around 330 new cases today which is the lowest number in months even with much reopened over the past few weeks.

Some of my closest amusement parks will be opening next month and I'm going to wait for a few weeks to decide if I feel safe going or not. It's going to depend on if they do a good job enforcing masks and distancing like Universal or a poor job like Sea World and also how frequently the lap bars/seat belts etc. are cleaned. If I do go to any amusement parks, I'm planning to skip indoor rides.

Sounds like our neighborhood/HOA. The pool has technically reopened but no one is going because the waiver they have in place is kind of nuts. The neighborhood facebook page is lit up right now.

What is nuts about a waiver?

Unless someone is thinking about possibly suing other people irresponsibly for their own decisions. Always looking for someone else to blame.
A waiver is required to go into Disney, a waiver is required for Sea World Discovery, a waiver is required to go to a water park, a waiver is practically a way of life for any place that has any level of risk.

The people who have issues with signing a waiver are the ones who are nuts in my opinion. Those are probably the same people that aren’t taking precautions as the risk-averse folks, or don’t believe the situation to be as dire.....yet, they are hesitant to go into an HOA pool with a waiver. 🙄

It's easy for me to think "Oh, it's back to normal" since we are going out into the community a bit, but then I realize our normal was my kids in full time school, no masks or sanitizer, and me doing home health care, with no real precautions, and us eating out a couple times a week. We'd go to Target, church, or the movies, and the play ground a couple times a week. So, although it feels like a lot more compare to being trapped in our closet praying for salvation, it actually is still profoundly different from real life.

What is nuts about a waiver?

Unless someone is thinking about possibly suing other people irresponsibly for their own decisions. Always looking for someone else to blame.
A waiver is required to go into Disney, a waiver is required for Sea World Discovery, a waiver is required to go to a water park, a waiver is practically a way of life for any place that has any level of risk.

The people who have issues with signing a waiver are the ones who are nuts in my opinion. Those are probably the same people that aren’t taking precautions as the risk-averse folks, or don’t believe the situation to be as dire.....yet, they are hesitant to go into an HOA pool with a waiver. 🙄

I had to sign a waiver stating that my 3-year-old would not share toys, for my son to go back to daycare. That's what we mean when we say a "nuts waiver".

How am I going to keep my 3-year-old from sharing toys while I am at work?

LOL, I didn't even read the waiver I had to sign. I wasn't going to keep my kids away from the pool! It's all just theater anyway. Covid is an inherent risk of being around other people.

Generally, yes we have resumed most activities. DH is still working from home except for when he gets to go to a client. We don't go out to eat very much, but we've been going to the beach, the pool and gymnastics, etc. I'll only go to the gym if they open up the classes (pilates, yoga), but I need to research the reservation process. We don't plan to fly this summer, but in the fall I have a planned trip to WDW that I'm keeping. I would drive somewhere for leisure travel - even Vegas. The one thing that gives me pause is Great Wolf Lodge. That place is a germ fest in normal times :scared:!

I had to sign a waiver stating that my 3-year-old would not share toys, for my son to go back to daycare. That's what we mean when we say a "nuts waiver".

How am I going to keep my 3-year-old from sharing toys while I am at work?

You make it sound as if your 3-year old will be going to the pool by himself?

It's tough. I have been getting out more. I just go to the store if I need to and wear a mask - it all seems perfectly normal now. I have visited some friends, but in some cases I don't feel like they are taking things seriously enough so I will try to limit my interactions with those people. I have eaten at a couple of sandwich places which seem to be the only ones with open dining rooms, but I wear a mask when I order. I am still avoiding crowds and such for now, but other than going to the movies (or vacations) I wasrarely in them anyway, so my experience hasn't changed too much.

Last edited:
They went overboard on the liability stuff and lumped a lot of things in with the "don't sue us if you get Covid" clause. People don't want to sign it.. I don't use the pool, so I don't care one way or the other.
Ohh I see. Our HOA pool opened on the 8th and the HOA had us sign paperwork more related to temporary procedures in place. They had us do is while picking up our key fobs after changing from a traditional key to a RF key.

I know our normal pool rules discuss no lifeguard on duty you swim at your own risk.

Our temporary procedures that you needed to sign off on when getting the new key fob were listed as this:
"Use of the pools is AT YOUR OWN RISK
· NO GUESTS will be allowed only ForestView residents at this time Caretakers/Guardians for ForestView residents are permitted
· The swimming pool fixtures, furniture and restrooms will be cleaned each morning
· You will be responsible to bring your own cleaning products to sanitize pool furniture or other areas you may deem appropriate to clean before use
· We ask that you adhere to all posted CDC COVID -- 19 recommendations and guidelines
· If the pool is at the restricted capacity limits (max 45 people until June 22nd), you should not enter the pool area
· Pool furniture will be separated on the pool deck each morning in order to follow for the 6' social distancing guidelines
· Some of the furniture will be unavailable for use during the social distancing restrictions
· New signage will be placed at each pool facility as a reminder to follow all CDC COVID-19 guidelines
· If you have any COVID-19 symptoms do not use the pool or any of the community amenities
· Lost and found containers will be removed and items left overnight will be discarded the next morning
· If the guidelines/restrictions are not followed the Board will consider closing the pools until such time as the restrictions due to COVID-19 are relaxed or lifted.

Please do the right thing during this time, if you have been at the pool for a couple of hours and see that your neighbors cannot use the pool due to the restricted capacity, we ask that you consider exiting the pool to allow for others to use the facility with their families."

I think people here were just happy to have the pools (there's a zero entry and a kiddie pool area) open given that so many in the metro opted not to open (though our City did with pretty strict rules). However, I will say that the language of "not suing" can def. bring up objections. In ours it wasn't used that way just you're there at your own risk. I would assume that if someone tried to sue they would have to be very careful as to their reason given what they outlined but I can see that being different than straight up saying "don't sue us if you get COVID".

I have worked this entire time at a hospital, in an outpatient dept. Even though Michigan has strict restrictions the only impact i really felt was no eating in restaurants during this time and no meeting the girls for a drink on a Friday night. I went to work every day, went grocery shopping, saw my kids (adults) and saw my inlaws through the porch door. We didn't really see friends just because we were so busy. My dh works for the postal service and worked more than ever during this time and still is. He works in the plant, he is not a postal carrier. I missed eating in restaurants but we got carry out here and there so it basically felt like nothing had changed for us. Masks are hit or miss by us (rural community) and I never went anywhere that mandated mask wearing.

I’m mostly still straying at home. DH is essential retail so he’s doing the grocery shopping after work. Two weeks ago we took our camper to a nearby state park for the weekend. We stayed in our trailer, grilled out and worked to get it ready for this week.

We’re leaving for Austin tomorrow. We need to go to babysit our granddaughter While DS and DDIL go out of town. The plan is pretty much to stay in there too, we might use the pool if it’s not busy. I’m really uneasy about this but it’s better than two year old DGD having to travel.

We are being very cautious. My husband only has 35% lung capacity and is in the extreme risk category. We've missed 3 sets of our twins birthdays last month. Today one set came over to get their presents. I was scared to death. One is special needs and wanted to give grandma a hug. He's a grandma's boy. How do you tell a 15 year old that runs at a 4 year age level to back off? I didn't. I accepted his hug and when they left I used lysol on everything and everywhere they were. It was the first time we have seen them in months. I cried.

I have under 30% lung capacity so DH and I have been quite "sheltered at home" for months and doing hopefully all the "right" things to protect especially me.

BUT.......this Sunday my oldest DS, DIL and my grand babies (3 and 1 and a half) will be visiting for the FIRST time. I've made it clear that we adults won't hug but there is NO way I can not hug the grand kids. I just know me wayyyy too well. I will just try to wash a lot and hope for the best. And I will cry, too. :hug:

DH has gone to the gym once since they reopened. We’ve all had haircuts, massage, and dental appointments. Last night I stopped off at Kohl’s after work to look for some summer pajama pants, and that felt almost normal! Our city pools are creating plans to open and we await that date. Itching to leave on our summer vacation in 2.5 weeks.

Yesterday I got a haircut, went to the Hallmark store for cards, AND ate at Newks on the patio! Exciting times. I also went to the dentist Friday because a 2-year old root canal tooth was hurting. We hung out with some friends over the weekend on the deck and then we all went bike riding. The last few days felt almost normal except for the masks and social distancing.

I have under 30% lung capacity so DH and I have been quite "sheltered at home" for months and doing hopefully all the "right" things to protect especially me.

BUT.......this Sunday my oldest DS, DIL and my grand babies (3 and 1 and a half) will be visiting for the FIRST time. I've made it clear that we adults won't hug but there is NO way I can not hug the grand kids. I just know me wayyyy too well. I will just try to wash a lot and hope for the best. And I will cry, too. :hug:
You definitely understand. Take care of yourself. :hug:

She said daycare while she works. She was just using it as another example.

Got it.
So confusing.

She was talking about objection to a waiver for using the HOA swimming pool. And then she all of a sudden equates that to her daycare waiver (which I doubt such wording even exists, and again, if there even exists a waiver for her daycare) as if the situations are one and the same.

Well we’ve taken a 2 week “ vacation” to Orlando- I’m WFH since March and I’ve gone stir crazy looking at same set of walls, the resort is <50% capacity so it’s been great. The pool attendants are monitoring the loungers (all very physically distanced) and cleaning when guests leave. I’ve gone to Universal one day (my experience there was people were compliant, when they weren’t TMs had zero issue calling them out) and crowds so low it was awesome! Back home our county and city have gone to full open with state restrictions expired, but physical distancing and masks strongly recommended. We’ve been out to eat (inside and outside dining), visited with DHs oldest and her family here in Florida including grandson hugs. We’ve done mostly cook at home or takeout anyway since I hate spending money on eating out, especially if I want a glass of wine or cocktail- so much cheaper at home and no need for designated driver lol!
Both my oldest daughter and husband and son have flown home now. Other dd and I are driving home this weekend. Son started band camp although apparently white physically distanced on the field. I gave blood here yesterday - the place I gave at tests for antibodies so why not? I give blood when I can anyway- or plasma when there is a huge call for it (like after the F5 tornado ripped through Joplin MO)
Yesterday DD had an eye appt which she's needed for a while, she went in alone. They did let me go in when she was trying on glasses as she wanted another opinion, but the glasses she touched had to be kept in a container, then we went to an isolated room where she could take her mask off and try on the glasses while I sat a distance away, still masked
how old is your DD? And why on earth would you have to be distance from a member of your household?
feel like we will be shut down again unfortunately.
why? Our country will not survive if we all shut down again. Hospitals will fail, jails will overflow and supply chain will be disrupted. Only the very rich will survive with any quality of life intact.
I hear ya. I have one neighbor who seems to have parties with friends/family every weekend.
any one sick? Hospitalized?
hug friends and family.
You seriously had a LAW that you couldn’t hug FAMILY?
Some of these draconian measures made no sense to start with, and especially not doubling down as we found out more. It NEVER made sense to close outside spaces. Never. If you wanted protection JIC then the rule could have been mandatory mask wearing. It never made sense to #staythe f***inside when people might have been crammed into small spaces with recirculated air.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter