Are You Really Going To Disney Again? A Jan 2016 DL Trip Report COMPLETE *Added link to WDW report

So glad you came out of lurkdom. Your trip report was great and gave me lots to look forward to. Have a great time in WDW!

Thanks for the awesome trip report. I liked that you gave us a glimpse at some of the hidden gems that I wouldn't think to look for.

Thanks guys for the positive comments! You guys rock! :thumbsup2

If anyone made it through this report and is interested in my WDW trip next week, here is the link to my mini PTR :blush:

Awesome trip. Next January my 21 year old son who has a long Christmas break and I are going to do a mini trip to Hollywood/LA and Disneyland (a day at each park) -- should be a blast. We've done WDW a lot, but never Disneyland. I was particularly interested in your report, as you are around the same ages as we are and did a January trip like we are planning to do. Looks like you had a blast. Thanks for sharing.

I'm a little concerned about iffy weather in January, but thought the significantly lower crowds (spring break was the other option) would make it worth it to try. We also as a treat to my sister-in-law who take care of my 92 year old mother-in-law are taking her along, and January works out much better for her than March.

Last edited:

Awesome trip. Next January my 21 year old son who has a long Christmas break and I are going to do a mini trip to Hollywood/LA and Disneyland (a day at each park) -- should be a blast. We've done WDW a lot, but never Disneyland. I was particularly interested in your report, as you are around the same ages as we are and did a January trip like we are planning to do. Looks like you had a blast. Thanks for sharing.

I'm a little concerned about iffy weather in January, but thought the significantly lower crowds (spring break was the other option) would make it worth it to try. We also as a treat to my sister-in-law who take care of my 92 year old mother-in-law are taking her along, and January works out much better for her than March.
Thanks for reading! I hope you found something that will help you with your trip! I am sure you guys will have a great trip.
I would not hesitate to go in January again. Even with the rain on our first day, it was still a great day and it really helped with the crowds. My only recommendation would to bring lots of layers. I wish I had brought a warm hat, gloves, and scarf for the evenings but during the day we got lucky with very comfortable temperatures.

Great TR, really enjoyed it!
Thank you! :love:

Thanks for a great TR! Getting ready for our first time in DL (October 2016) and it was very helpful :)

Thanks for a great TR! Getting ready for our first time in DL (October 2016) and it was very helpful :)
Glad I could be of service! I hope you have a fantastic trip! Halloween is one of my favorite times to visit DL, love the decorations!

I really enjoyed your DL trip report! It sounds like the crowds weren't bad at all! I loved seeing all your character meet photos, and you got to draw some pretty cool characters at Animation Academy! Thanks for sharing :)

I really enjoyed your DL trip report! It sounds like the crowds weren't bad at all! I loved seeing all your character meet photos, and you got to draw some pretty cool characters at Animation Academy! Thanks for sharing :)
Thanks for reading! This was my first trip where I wasn't mainly ride focused and it has definitely changed my Disney touring style. I really hope they keep the Animation Academy around for more people to enjoy since my 5 year old self found it to be such a great break from running all over the place.

I am SO late to this - but I really enjoyed reading your TR! I then read your other TR and your PTR! So exciting you get to go work for Disney. I am considering my first ever solo trip to DL next summer, but have never done a solo trip before so am a little nervous to do it. But you looked like you had a blast when you had your solo time at DL and WDW so it makes me feel a little better about considering it!

I am SO late to this - but I really enjoyed reading your TR! I then read your other TR and your PTR! So exciting you get to go work for Disney. I am considering my first ever solo trip to DL next summer, but have never done a solo trip before so am a little nervous to do it. But you looked like you had a blast when you had your solo time at DL and WDW so it makes me feel a little better about considering it!
Thank you for reading and commenting, I can't tell you how many trip reports I have read late and never commented on. I am leaving to go to WDW in 2 weeks and can't wait to start working! I have not regretted any of my solo time at Disney and I hope you go for it! It really is a whole new world to explore by yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter