Are you ready to cruise again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Pirate

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to figure out why the CDC does not want the cruise industry to restart. At first I thought it was because we must visit another country before returning to the US but then I noticed that the airlines did this so the rules that out. Then I thought that it is because cruise ships have people that interact in close quarters but airlines require you to set confined in a smaller metal tube next to strangers for hours. On a cruise ship, if you want, you can move from that stranger and even on a fully loaded cruise ship, it is always easy to find a place to be alone, so that can't be the reason. Then I thought maybe it was the crew. I then noticed that most all cruise ships were mandating that their crew be fully vaccinated. I never saw any such requirement about the airlines so I don't know if that is the case but I would think that would be a plus if they were. Then you had the CDC come out with double standard rules, you can't have embarking passenger use the same gangway as disembarking passengers but don't the airlines do that? Then the same terminal can not be used for 24 hrs but an airport is constantly used. Anyway my point is that for every restriction the CDC has listed about cruise ships, it has already waived for other industries.

I spent several years working in Washington DC and have had many "Congressional Inquiries" brought against me. These are nothing more than a Representative or Senator wanting to know why an action or no action was taken. They must be answered within a reasonable amount of time.

If enough people were to get together and contact there elected officials in congress and ask for a congressional inquiry, it would force the CDC to answer questions and reveal why there is a double standard.

If you agree please let us know that you contacted your officals. If you disagree please let us know why.

I have contacted my officals on 4/22.

Absolutely! We have booked the family with three cabins in December cruise over Christmas on a new Celebrity ship. And May 2022 on the DCL transatlantic. We might even do one this summer if we can find a ship leaving from a Caribbean port that we lIke. We have a fully vaccinated house and we are ready to go! I hope that all ships require full vaccinations, although the same people who refuse masks will try to cheat.

Absolutely! We have booked the family with three cabins in December cruise over Christmas on a new Celebrity ship. And May 2022 on the DCL transatlantic. We might even do one this summer if we can find a ship leaving from a Caribbean port that we lIke. We have a fully vaccinated house and we are ready to go! I hope that all ships require full vaccinations, although the same people who refuse masks will try to cheat.

YES. Let's get going. 8-) 8-) 8-) Fully vaccinated since March 6. Millions have been vaccinated and are ready to travel. The state of Ohio has done a GREAT job. Thank you Governor DeWine and team.

Last edited:

Yes, I have been lucky as to only have one sailing canceled. I have one booked in November, next January and next May. I do think all three will sail.

Ignoring all the political commentary.....

I am very ready to cruise, but I will wait until it is deemed safe to do so, and the cruise lines can formulate a response for when a passenger inevitably tests positive with Covid while on board.

Our family will be fully vaccinated by Mid-may (wife got her second shot early, as a front-line medical worker, I just got my second yesterday, and our young adult kids will have their second shots early May), and we have a cruise booked for early January. We are totally "ready to cruise again", and we expect that the cruise in January will happen. I don't know enough about the details or restrictions specific to the cruise industry, but if there are inconsistencies or scientifically dubious restrictions, I of course would be in favor of modifying them.

We had one booked that was cancelled. Am I ready to cruise, yeah, will I? Who knows for sure when. My mom always thought cruises with petri dishes so the less cruising the better lol. Dad and I are fully vaccinated so we would go I hope they have it so people have to be vaccinated to cruise

We our one week out from our 2nd shots, and just starting to think about airplanes and travel and restaurants and such. But our kids are not anywhere close to eligible for vaccines. We won't be willing/ready to cruise until EITHER the kids can be vaccinated or the underlying level of disease transmission is much much lower. I am not worried about my childrens' individual risk, but I am worried about the social and economic cost of having the virus continue to spread.

I am among the lucky few that did cruise in 2020. My wife and I were on a cruise February 29th 2020 returning home March 7th.
I was ready to go on another cruise as soon as the panic stopped and the health and safety protocols were announced by the cruise companies last year after the amusement parks re opened.

I have posted about some of my feeling about the suspension to cruising multiple time through out the last 13 months. Most recently in the post "Senate blocks passage of new bill to allow cruise ships to restart sailing"
however this is not the place to discuss this so I won't.

I had multiple cruises cancelled for 2020 and 2021, and have 2 booked for fall 2022 in Europe. If the cruises sail - fine. If they don't - that's okay, as I'm more interested in land trips.

I must be in no rush. I recently changed my Nov 2021 date to Jan 31 2022. (Original cruise date was Nov 2020). I said it was because I didn’t expect it to happen, but in the back of my head I was thinking I didn’t want to be in the first wave of cruising.

My last DCL trip was Dec 2014 (the 5th one that year). Then no cruises til Jan 2020 to experiment with a different cruise line.

I simply have replaced a Disney cruise with Orlando. Spent 2 weeks in September (2 days at parks) and 5 days at WDW in November, Going again next month to use my last days on an old non-expiration ticket. And using timeshare weeks. I don‘t think the pandemic has hurt my vacationing. Just spending it in places that allow us to social distance.

I am not sure the Jan 2022 cruise will happen, either, be it my choice or the cruise not sailing. I expect that vacation to change, too. Disney has had our money since July 2020; i image well be on a ship again, someday.

Like another said, ignoring the political commentary...

I'm fully vaccinated and my daughter will by mid-May so we're ready to go! We really miss it!

Yes, my family and I feel ready to cruise - hoping to book a UK staycation on opening day next week. My husband and I are still waiting to be vaccinated, we have not met the age threshold but the older members of our family are all vaccinated.

More than answers from the CDC I'd like to hear from Disney as to what their plans are when cruising starts again. Will there be limited capacity? If so, how are they determining who of those booked won't be cruising? Limited capacity in dining rooms/shows? Reservations for pools? Masks on outside? Forced to take a Disney excursion? Must you be vaccinated to cruise? I know what I'm getting and what to expect if I fly now. Not so much with cruising! (Oh, and I'm not ready to cruise now but I will be flying. I have no desire to be in the first wave of cruises and would like to see them sailing for 3-6 months before we cruise. We're booked for Feb 2022 and if it doesn't work out, we'll move it again.)

Are you waiting for your family to be fully vaccinated or the country?

My family... Which will not be fully vaccinated until the end of August for sure.

But while I think about it: there is also Canada's "mandatory two weeks quarantine involving a mandatory hotel quarantine ($$$) until negative tests results" that we have to take into account. Definitely won't travel until they remove that.

Last edited:
at this point, there is only one reason the yhavent restarted cruising... and we all know why that is

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter