Are you living in the area you planned to? Do you wish you would've settled someplace else?

Kittyblue

7322, 32502, <3
I was born into this town and I've always wanted out, yet here I still am. For a long time I had plans to move to Washington. I have family there and the coastal side is gorgeous. I've just always felt locked in place by family, job, etc. Maybe someday I'll make the move. I sure as heck don't want to retire here!

when I was a kid it was all about moving to California, when I got out of navy I could of stayed but missed my family and friends, so Im still in Akron, where Im ok with it, but also would have no problem moving, as long as I still get the Browns games

Do try to get out if you aren't happy, I think there are a few openings in life to jump environments but when they close it becomes impossible.

Not where I want to me, I wanted a place in the heart of NYC but DH wanted grass for a family so we have had grass for nearly 25 years and I am still no fan, some people look into a field and see greenery and all I see is ticks but drop me in the middle of a cities hum and I'm home. I get why some people hate the city, to each their own no such things as right or wrong, different strokes and all. In the end, Pa suburbs have been a good solid place to raise kids but I am sooooooo over this stage of things, time to get gone.

We are in the process of getting the kids finished with college and will be making a move to Boston as a family, (DH has worked up there for years, it's been a strain) before the kids set down roots so hoping the roots will be there. Renting a 2 BR (no elevator) where the kids can launch, where DH can walk to work and where I can figure out what to do with SSDI and maybe other things. I'm not sure what will be but at least it looks like I will get a chance to be in a city, I love the sounds and the buzz. We plan on selling the family home and will settle into a new family base somewhere up there while we explore. Hope to land at a forever place near the city and water, it is ideal to me but well see if it works out. It's been a lot of effort and many setbacks but seems right, wish me luck :)

I feel like I need to get the youngest through high school, and my mom lives here and has no one else local so I couldn't leave her. But someday, I'm out of here. There's really not much else for me here. I know I can find a job somewhere else.

I always wanted to live in Florida and for a while after I moved here, I had nightmares where I was forced to move back north. But after riding out more hurricanes than I care to remember, I am not sure I want to stay. That has been on my mind a lot since I lost my job.

I never in a million years would have wanted to live in Florida. When we moved here for DH's job it was supposed to be VERY temporary, then that changed to somewhat temporary, and now I love it here and don't want to go. I don't think I could ever learn to drive in snow, and I love being so close to Disney World. When we retire, I'd love to keep a home base here in Florida and go rent apartments and live in different cities around the world for 6 months or a year at a time.

I’ve been lucky enough to live several places - Canada, Maine, Arizona, Florida and Carolinas.

I know the grass isn’t always greener elsewhere. I found I hate constant sun and want seasons but don’t need the big snows. Where we live now isn’t somewhere I’d ever have pictured living but a job relocation moved us here and it’s PERFECT. 2 hours to mountains, 3 hours to a beach. Close to a city. 3+ seasons.

I’d still be willing to move wherever depending on where my son settles as I live simply. Travel, books, nothing exciting needed.

When I retire I’d love to spend a month in new cities like NYC or Seattle etc just to try them out.

I'm good. My elderly parents live nearby and I'm an only child, so I felt it necessary to live here. My wife's sister also lives in the area. Plus it has 4 seasons, although less winter would be nice.

Over the years, relocated a few times to neighboring States for work. Mostly non-metro or rural areas. DH also traveled a lot for work. We thought we were going to finally settle in neighboring State in rural area, yet Covid happened/job losses. Going to relocate back this summer to home State/city where DH spent over 30 years at and me over 22 years at. Way lower cost of living compared to where we're at now. Plus we won't be judged anymore because we aren't natives. Lots of NIMBY here. We're going to spend the rest of our days back in home State and travel to places we want to visit. So long story short we're going to be moving back to where we want to be and finally settle.

My husband and I had both spent our whole lives in Maryland. For years, we talked on and off about where we would live if it was something we’d had to choose instead of it just being the place we’d been born into. We wanted a place that would keep the qualities we liked about Maryland but would improve on the ones we didn’t. We could never come up with the right place until one day a bulb went off and I said, “What about Atlanta?” How we had previously overlooked it, I don’t know. We did our research and pretty quickly decided that was where we wanted to be. We sold our house and moved within a few months. We’ve been here about two years now and are very thankful we took that leap.

I completely hear where you are coming from.
I still live in the state where I was born and I hate it with a passion.
everytime we talked about leaving there was always a good reason on why we couldn’t

Kids in school, jobs, family etc...
kids are now adults and now the good reason is we have 4 years till the house is paid off and 4 years till my SO can get on Medicare. We have enough (is there every really enough) in retirement to retire now but paying $1500+ a month for health insurance isn’t in the budget. So we wait.,,

Born, bred in Florida. Met my now wife while working for the mouse. When she turned 26, she lost her flight benefits through her dad, and wanted to move back to Houston TX to 1) be closer to family 2) in hopes I would get on with United. I refused for about 6 months, got burnt out with Disney, and said we are moving. It has been 4 years now since that day I put my two weeks in at WDW, and I wouldn't change it. I love my life in Texas, and now that I have returned temporally to FL living out of Lakeland, and working at the TPA airport, I do miss living here. Would I move back? No, probably not...life is better in TX, and since we are getting into the RV scene, its easier to go places when you live towards the center of the country.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter