• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you FRIENDS with any celebrities?

Patty3 said:
I am not friends with any, but my cousin is friends with Johnny Depp.

:earseek: :earseek: Lucky her/him! (sorry, you didn't specify male or female)
I love Johnny Depp. He's a great actor and really cute too :blush: :teeth:

I don't know any famous people. A girl I grew up with, her dad was friends with Robin Williams. He was supposed to come visit them once but he never did. And a lady my mom worked out at the gym with...her husband was in the same fraternity as Brad Pitt in college. That's the closest I've ever come to a celebrity, is through others who know them :earboy2:

Not me, unless my MIL (whose not my friend, lol) counts since she was on Hawaii 5-0 for awhile. But my dh's grandparents were good friends with Frank Sinatra and dh's dad is good friends (and business partners) with Trump. He also has had many private dinners with people like Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Diane Keaton, Robert Kennedy Jr., Keifer Sutherland, etc, etc, etc. FIL's a bigwig in Beverly Hills.

I am friends with sports stars that live in the Dallas area .

As far as movie stars well ..... not that I know of.

Tink&SquirtsMom said:
Not me, unless my MIL (whose not my friend, lol) counts since she was on Hawaii 5-0 for awhile. But my dh's grandparents were good friends with Frank Sinatra and dh's dad is good friends (and business partners) with Trump. He also has had many private dinners with people like Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler, Diane Keaton, Robert Kennedy Jr., Keifer Sutherland, etc, etc, etc. FIL's a bigwig in Beverly Hills.

Oh how cool! I love Frank Sinatra :love: I was so sad when he died. I am very odd. Not many people in my generation are Sinatra fans. What can I say? I have great taste ;)

My DH's Mom's cousins son is Billy Wirth. He's been in a number of movies including Lost Boys. He was the one that was killed by the stereo. We did actually meet him a number of years ago.

bajanswife said:
However, my next door neighbour is close friends with Dame Judi Densch (Dame Judi has a house here, but not sure how much of the year she's actually in residence). She'd be a cool one to meet.

For any of you who don't know, she played the voice of Mrs C (I think?? Anyway, the black & white, older sensible cow that wore a hat) in Home on the Range. As well as many other movies in past years (before my time).

I know who Dame Judi Dench-she is a really good actress. She starred in As Time Goes By-a really great BBC series.

Papa Deuce said:
I remember that kid! Don't remember his name at all, though. He's about, what, 28 - 30 years old now?

I thinks it's David Mendenhall-I've never heard of him though, but I do remember that Over The Top movie lol

The question is "has a celebrity every met me"..

Just kidding..................... :rotfl2:

Diane (Eltonjohn): I knew there was a reason Dame Judi was famous, I just couldn't remember what it was! Your link reminded me that she was the voice of M in several Bond movies. Of course she's had a long career as an actress, but I confess to not being aware of who she was until recent years.

Home on the Range was her Disney movie, and the most recent thing I watched with her in, which i thought was quite appropriate for this forum! :teeth:

I have a friend who is a celebrity, he even had a short lived TV series. He used old family movies in some of his music videos, and my Grandma, Mom and I are in them. Our grandmothers were best friends and we lived around the corner, so I grew up with him. We still get together for holidays every few years.

EltonJohn said:
I thinks it's David Mendenhall-I've never heard of him though, but I do remember that Over The Top movie lol

No, his name was Jeremy something, if I remeber right... my mom used to watch... not me! :teeth:

Yes, we are friends with several celebrities in the entertainment industry. DH and I both worked in that industry for many years, and still remain friends with some musicians who's names you would recognize. (And even more who's names you wouldn't LOL!)

Anne

HomeSweetDisney said:
Oh how cool! I love Frank Sinatra :love: I was so sad when he died. I am very odd. Not many people in my generation are Sinatra fans. What can I say? I have great taste ;)

I can't really quote your signature...but I was pretty good friends in high school with one of the producers of Napolean Dynomite. Not that I really want to admit that to anyone I know in real life.

Rachel

Oh my DD would love that one, Nap. Dynomite is her favorite. We have a couple of celebs here in Manchester but being new to town (6 yrs) I don't recognize them. One said hi and shook DHs hand Christmas Eve (went to school together) and I never gave it a thought til Dh told me the movies and shows he had starred in, I was too busy keeping the children polite at the Church service!

I may have told this before... namely, because I think it's stinkin' hilarious, because my brother has always tried to give ME so much advice...

Many moons ago, when my brother was in college, he was a dorm counselor and big-time into ROTC, planning his eventual graduation and future military life. He would get repeatedly perturbed at one of his dorm residents who was a fellow ROTC cadet, because the guy would go AWOL and miss dorm curfew, etc., just to go play gigs with his band. My brother would sternly counsel the student that this was HIGHLY irresponsible -- why, he was throwing away a chance at a real CAREER in the military. He could be an OFFICER someday, and still play music, but musicians were dime-a-dozen.

And besides, my brother would tell him, who the heck wants to hear music from some 2-bit group with a stupid name like "Hootie and the Blowfish?" :rolleyes:

The college: USC (South Carolina)
The student: Darius Rucker

So now when big brother wants to give me advice, I just smile and say, "Hootie and the boys think I should get a second opinion on that..."

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy
Yes but due to the "gag order" I am not allowed to speak until the trial is over

OMG - Bubbles...is that YOU??

CookieGVB said:
OMG - Bubbles...is that YOU??

:teeth:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

RachelEllen said:
I can't really quote your signature...but I was pretty good friends in high school with one of the producers of Napolean Dynomite. Not that I really want to admit that to anyone I know in real life.

Rachel

Lucky! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter