Are you afraid of elevators?

ElevationNotice

Early 2000's Fan
Yes, I am. I can ride elevators at Disney because I trust they're secure and work properly, but if it's any other elevator, I have the fear of it breaking down.

I don't like them.
Years ago I did a Hoover Dam tour, with a very long elevator ride down, I honestly don't remember going back up!
I had a nightmare that evening about the elevator falling. I've had scary elevator dreams ever since ( where the doors aren't even and you have to jump to get out)!

Nope, they have a lot of built in safety features. They all have emergency phones if you do get stuck or it seems most everyone in public carries a cell phone. A few years ago we got stuck in an elevator at one of the Vegas hotels when going from our room to breakfast. Picked up the phone and someone from security immediately answered. They sent a technician and opened the doors in a few minutes, was no big deal and worked out fine. As I understand it, elevators are designed so you DON'T try to climb out of the car like you see on TV shows. You are safer staying put and letting the technicians resolve the problem.

Depends on the elevator and how high.
A rickety elevator for the 35th floor of a hotel can be a little intimidating. Ill do it but its a little uncomfortable.
I also stayed on the 40th floor and had a very nice modern elevator and was not as concerned.

The only building I go into that has an elevator is my doctor. It has 4 floors and he's on the 2nd so I just use the stairs. I have no fear of elevators. I just have never used one.

Not now.
When I was a kid we lived on the fifth floor. I had nightmares about the rope (I was around 4 or 5) breaking. I was allowed to go out by myself and would rather use the stairs. We moved when I was 7 and never had another nightmare about elevators.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter