• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Are you adding a trip to Magic Mountain with your Disneyland Holiday

darren123

Mouseketeer
If so ......

You can now get tickets for Magic Mountain for $29.99 USD at there website and save $25 USD to be used by May 31 2010

I have been thinking about adding a day at Magic Mountain next July. Have you been before? If so, what did you think?

If you like rollercoasters it is great. Has some of the best rollercoasters around (only park I have been to that is better is Cedar Point).

If rollercoasters aren't your thing then probably skip it.

I am not massive on coaster but ill try anything once. Always wanted to go to the place

Going to Magic Mountain is a bit like going to Knotts Berry Farm, Most people tell you not to go but until you have experienced it for yourself then you can make up your mind about Magic Mountain. We went in May 2008 just after the opening of X2 it was a busy hot day the line for X2 was a 2 hour wait, we started at the back of the park and rode about 6 rollercoaster’s and waited in line for ½ hour for Tatsu we then had lunch at Johnny Rockets and lined up for X2 about 1 pm it was the most amazing ride I have ever had went on a few other rides and went home about 6 pm by the end of the day we had have enough of being turned upside down for one day.

The cost we paid $39.99 online compared to $54.99 at the gate and $15 for parking we had hired a car for a week and driving is the best way to go as to paying $140 each for a tour bus the thing I do not like about the tour bus is that when we went to Universal Studios we had to be on a timetable and when it was time to leave we still had 3 hours before the park closed.

The bad things you hear about gangs were not a problem as Magic Mountain does have it own police station near the front entrance and getting in is the same as going through airport security with metal detection and bag searches, there were the homie looking people you see in the movies but they were with friends girlfriends/wives and children no problems with them as they are there for a fun day, there were some teenagers smoking in line and que jumping but at a point where there was no one the control them we did not say any thing to them we just mind our own business. But when the line came to the boarding area it was a free for all as you picked were you wanted to ride and the staff just quickly check your harness a bit scary and I always checked it myself to make sure I was secure. I hope these helps you to make a decision about going to Magic Mountain, the park was very clean does look like it needed a coat of paint on some of the rides, Magic Mountain is trying to make it more family friendly with Thomas the Tank area and there is talk about a Wiggles Land like Dreamworld to come, Really we had a great day and want to ride X2 again and the new Terminator ride, this is my view only of our day just remember to drink plenty of water and wear a hat as it is very hot and hilly to walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter