• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you a Pixie or a Fairy?

iankh

It's never done till it's overdone
Having nothing better to do with myself while I ate lunch today, trying to relax from an otherwise stressful day, I was surprised to find out that Pixies and Fairies are not the same thing.

I found stuff on a few sites, but here is what I gleened from Wikipedia:

Fairy

A fairy is a spirit (supernatural being) found in the legends, folklore, and mythology of many different cultures. They are generally humanoid in form, though of a higher, spiritual nature and so possessed of preternatural abilities, along with such mystical qualities as otherworldly beauty and grace, an ethereal glow, wings, or the like. They are also regarded as aloof, ephemeral, mercurial, and whimsical, among other qualities that place them outside of a human scope. They are often associated or confused with other mythogical creatures.

And from another web site

A fairy is a tiny immortal being with wings that looks like a person. Fairies are slightly larger than pixies. They are approximately six inches tall. Fairies are said to have magical powers, such as the ability to bestow magical gifts of beauty, wealth, intelligence, and kindness upon newborn children. They are also said to have the ability to change different aspects of nature, such as the weather.

Fairies live on hills, or underwater. Some think they are spiritual beings that live in a world of their own, an Otherworld. Fairies generally eat fruit as well as some cheeses.

Fairies share Pixies' allergic reaction to silver. They can also move very quickly and can become invisible when in the woods.

Fairies like to produce things like shoes and bows. They enjoy music and dancing.

Like Pixies, fairies also keep to themselves and avoid humans, but they occasionally steal household items.

Fairies tend to stay away from cities because like pixies, they prefer wooded areas.

Fairies tend to stay away from cities because like pixies, they prefer wooded are

Now for Pixies:

Pixie

From Wikipedia:

Pixies are mythical creatures of English folklore, considered to be particularly concentrated in the areas around Devon and Cornwall. In regional dialect, these mischievous little folk are sometimes referred to as piskies/piskeys or the little people. They are usually depicted as wingless, with pointed ears, and often wearing a green outfit and pointed hat. Sometimes their eyes are described as being pointed upwards at the temple ends.
And another web site:

In folklore, pixies (or piskies) are little people with wings who are slightly smaller than fairies. They are approximately four inches tall and are live in gardens. Pixies desire their own plot of land, preferably a garden away from people. They like to work as gardeners, but they will not garden for anyone but themselves. Pixies are in constant conflict for territory with fairies. Fairies are slightly larger and very aggressive.

According to one myth, pixies were originally Druids who resisted Christianity. The myth states that the more they resisted the religion, the smaller they grew.

Pixies generally eat a diet of nectar and pollen and live for approximately fifteen to twenty years. However, there are some myths that state that pixies are immortal. However, pixies are allergic to silver. It burns their skin and can kill them if it gets into their blood.

Pixies are very quick and sneaky. Even though they are small and are often depicted as being very pretty and peaceful, they will not hesitate to kill a fairy in defense of themselves or someone they love. They will also fight to defend their territory.

Pixies love to steal horses and ponies.

Sooooo. Which one are you????? pixiedust:

Stacerita said:
ETA - you didn't state which one you are.

Sorry, I thought it was obvious ... I'm one of the biggest fairies around! :rotfl2:

iankh said:
Sorry, I thought it was obvious ... I'm one of the biggest fairies around! :rotfl2:

LOL :rotfl2: Well, I didnt' think it was that obvious. And even if it was, I wouldn't just assume someone was a fairy without them telling me first. My mama taught me to be polite like that.

Guess I'm a pixie..

Smaller in nature, attracted to larger "faries", love to garden, resist the current state of Christianity, and burn a short fast fuse!

Anyone need any dust? :wizard:

Errrr
Ummmm
Not a clue.:confused3

I'll have to ask my wife. She handles these things. ;)

I wonder which is butcher, a pixie or a fairy?

I'm a pixie.

I think faeries are butcher. All that shoe and bow making sounds like very hard work. pixiedust:

bubie2.5 said:
I'm a pixie.

I think faeries are butcher. All that shoe and bow making sounds like very hard work. pixiedust:

Just what I've always dreamed of being, a big butch fairy! Excuse me, I have to go bench press some bows.

I think I am more fairy than pixie....however I might die soon seeing as I LOVE sterling silver jewelry, and other than my wedding rings (white gold) it is all I wear. :eek:

iankh said:
According to one myth, pixies were originally Druids who resisted Christianity. The myth states that the more they resisted the religion, the smaller they grew.

Pixies are very quick and sneaky. Even though they are small and are often depicted as being very pretty and peaceful, they will not hesitate to kill a fairy in defense of themselves or someone they love. They will also fight to defend their territory.

[/i]Sooooo. Which one are you????? pixiedust:

Yes!!! I am definitely a Pixie. My only concern is once I convert to Judaism, will I disappear completely? :rotfl2:

TinkerChelle said:
Yes!!! I am definitely a Pixie. My only concern is once I convert to Judaism, will I disappear completely? :rotfl2:

I wouldn't worry, I've known some BIG Jewish fairies and pixies in my day!!!!
mazeltov.jpg

mendlethemouse.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter