Are we overdoing food for our trip?

I think everything except your last day looks perfect. You have a good mix of snacks, QS and ADR's. Having snacks and QS/lounges allows you to be much more flexible.

Having Steakhouse 71 and CG on the same day would be too much for me. I don't do two ADR's a day. It takes too much time and both of those are heavy meals.

I also agree with keeping your HS day ADR free. We are doing the same thing. We are planning on doing HBD lounge for lunch and QS for dinner.
Honestly it just ended up working out to us having both on our last day. The original thought was to put a "nice-ish" meal on the last day to celebrate, since it's our more relaxed Magic Kingdom day. We booked Steakhouse 71 for lunch, which seemed like a good compromise between nice and affordable. We considered trying Be Our Guest, but our travel agent recommended Cali Grill, and the only day it really fit was that same day. I'm leaning toward cancelling the S71 lunch completely and just doing QS lunch that day, but Husband still wants to do both. We'll see how we feel when the trip gets a little closer :D

Honestly it just ended up working out to us having both on our last day. The original thought was to put a "nice-ish" meal on the last day to celebrate, since it's our more relaxed Magic Kingdom day. We booked Steakhouse 71 for lunch, which seemed like a good compromise between nice and affordable. We considered trying Be Our Guest, but our travel agent recommended Cali Grill, and the only day it really fit was that same day. I'm leaning toward cancelling the S71 lunch completely and just doing QS lunch that day, but Husband still wants to do both. We'll see how we feel when the trip gets a little closer :D

Hey if it works go for it! It does look like a great trip. It’ll be awesome no matter what. You could also share at lunch to make room for dinner.

S71 lunch you guys could get an app and one entree and split if you are afraid of being too full by dinner so I think it's actually a good setup. A nice break for the day.

Sounds like a great plan! I would just make sure to not miss the cinnamon bun when you’re at Gaston’s. Probably one of the best I’ve ever had! Also for Epcot, don’t just plan on the kiosks for the festival…keep in mind that there are tons of walk ups and snack options and permanent kiosks that should be a part of your “food crawl” (for ex., the bakery in Norway, pretzel stand, shaved ice stand). And don’t forget to take a look at the list of unique 50th anniversary foods/snacks as some of them sound great and you won’t want to miss!

It's a lot of time but really it's what works best for you and your family. We've be going for about 25 years. We had one son our first trip and eventually 4. Now they're all 20+ and what we like has shifted. Right now we like a balance; we enter the parks early, hit the pool, evenings in a park or DS, pool mornings, late nights, bowling and sometimes games in the room after a long day. We love the Epcot festivals in the evening too. Whatever you decide, have a blast!

Not much to add except BE FLEXIBLE. While I wouldn’t do S71 and CG on one day, you have a very reasonable number of actual ADRs. Everything else is a plan you can change as you go base on how the day is going. Be flexible based on how the day goes and you’ll be fine. You have aspirational eating plans, that’s great. If you love planning your day around food, go for it.

So, my only advice is be flexible. Don’t be so fixated on your plan you forget to listen to your mood, your stomach, and each other that you forget to enjoy your vacation! Sounds like a couples trip and you both seem to like trying food. Great! Have a blast!

No, this seems great! Great choices overall. Mostly a mix of one QS meal and one TS meal which is pretty much what I do when I go to WDW.

Exactly. Besides, walking the 6-10 miles daily it's easy to do at WDW, burning off the intake isn't necessarily a concern.

We eat 3 TS meals daily at WDW. Yes, people do consider Disney restaurants attractions. ;)
Any guess how much time you spend eating three TS a day?

To the OP. I like they way you have things planned. You could always drop places, but if you go with the "oh, we'll eat someplace", you'll spend half your day deciding.

To the OP. I like they way you have things planned. You could always drop places, but if you go with the "oh, we'll eat someplace", you'll spend half your day deciding.

This is exactly why I plan out our meals. Or at least have 2 choices if we’re doing QS or a lounge. The one that doesn’t get picked gets moved to the next day we’re at that park. If I didn’t do this it would be a whole production of where should we eat. Especially if we go as a family. Four people with four different opinions. We wouldn’t get anything done.

It looks fine to me. My family likes to eat. :)

I did want to mention that Gaston's doesn't have the grey stuff anymore. They replaced it with a Donald Duck dome cake.

I think it sounds like fun! (Though we did Oga's after close because it gave us a chance to unwind and walk through an empty park). I firmly believe a sit down meal either late afternoon or dinner is crucial (for us) because it gives us a chance to catch up and recharge our batteries. We always feel so much better when we take the time to chill for an hour or so.

Looks good, mostly just one TS a day so you can eat what you want for snacks/QS. I would drop the Steakhouse 71 though personally. If I do two TS in one day it has to be early/mid-morning breakfast and late-ish dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter