Are wait times still exaggerated?

jimjamxoxo

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! My friend and I are coming down at the end of August. I'm just curious - are the wait times still exaggerated like they were back in the fall/winter? I know capacity has been increased, but I know that some wait times were like 1/3 or 1/2 of what they were being posted previously. Any incite is appreciated!

Hey everyone! My friend and I are coming down at the end of August. I'm just curious - are the wait times still exaggerated like they were back in the fall/winter? I know capacity has been increased, but I know that some wait times were like 1/3 or 1/2 of what they were being posted previously. Any incite is appreciated!
Yes, I think they are. Our trip a few weeks back, posted wait times and MDE wait times were almost always longer than what Touring plans said, some were within 10-15 min and others were off by 30+ min. The lines look crazy long but most seem to move pretty good.

Yes, though it varies by attraction. Those attractions with queues that overflow into the park are most likely to see exaggerated wait times. Last week, I often found that posted/MDE wait times were 15-30 minutes higher than actual wait times. Touring Plans' WDW Lines app tended to be more accurate, unless there was a ride outage that threw things off significantly.

We just returned from 10 days, and yes, many of the less popular ride time are overstated (MDE says 30 minutes, and we were on the ride in 10-15). However, some of the longer more popular rides (especially Test Track) were understated by 15-30 minutes!

The only ride we’ve found so far to be over estimated was POTC. Posted was 60 minutes, took under 20. I don’t believe they’re intentionally over estimating. POTC was not spilling into the walkway. This morning Everest was a massive line and the wait time was right on target. I don’t think they’re putting much time into getting accurate estimates.
If their goal is to discourage people from getting in line, they failed. Navi and FOP lines were insane making it difficult to even get around.

We found times were pretty much spot on, maybeeeee 10/15 off for the ones listed at 60+ minutes.
ot didn’t seem that long though because, as others stated, you keep moving most of the time vs stand still

It seems like they were overstated as recently as yesterday according to Touring Plans:

MK
BTMR averaged actual wait times that were 65% of posted times
Buzz was 53%
Jungle Cruise 74%
Peter Pan 47%
Pirates 40%
HM 65%
7 Dwarfs Mine Train 33%
Under the Sea 69%
Splash 65%

AK
Dinosaur 65%
Everest 48%
Safari 37%
Na'vi 65%
Kali 94%

EPCOT
Spaceship Earth 37%
Soarin' 37%

HS
Star Tours 55%
Aerosmith 77%
Tower of Terror 77%
Toy Story Mania 59%
Slinky Dog 62%
MMRR 76%

We found some were over and some were just right, none were overestimated. For example, last week Soarin' said 30 minutes and it was walk-on. Also, we found Thunder Mountain almost always says 35 or 40 minutes, but it goes SOOOO fast, we were usually no more than 20 minutes even with the line extending way out to Tom Sawyer island area.

When I was there in May I got in line for the Safari at AK all the way on the other side of the bridge that leads into Africa. The line did move quickly, but wow, what a line.

When I was there in May I got in line for the Safari at AK all the way on the other side of the bridge that leads into Africa. The line did move quickly, but wow, what a line.
Did you get to go backstage between the dumpsters and the power generators? MAGIC right there.

We just got back today. We have been almost every July for the last 8 years and the lines this year were just super weird. Pirates posted as 60 and it was a total walk on. Buzz posted as 85 and it was 20. On the flip side though Haunted Mansion was posted as 75 and it was every minute of that with the line all the way through the park in the blazing sun. I have never seen that. MK was great for the first 2 hours and then tolerable after that. HS was a nightmare from the start. All major rides were 90 minutes plus through close and those wait times were accurate as posted. MMRR and Slinky were 95% in the sun. It was rough. Rise was down from 10:00 until almost 3:00 on our day there. We made the most of it but we will not be back until some sort of FP option is available.

We just got back today. We have been almost every July for the last 8 years and the lines this year were just super weird. Pirates posted as 60 and it was a total walk on. Buzz posted as 85 and it was 20. On the flip side though Haunted Mansion was posted as 75 and it was every minute of that with the line all the way through the park in the blazing sun. I have never seen that. MK was great for the first 2 hours and then tolerable after that. HS was a nightmare from the start. All major rides were 90 minutes plus through close and those wait times were accurate as posted. MMRR and Slinky were 95% in the sun. It was rough. Rise was down from 10:00 until almost 3:00 on our day there. We made the most of it but we will not be back until some sort of FP option is available.

Yea I was there from July 9th-12th. The wait times overall for me were rough and I was really missing Fast Pass. The only rides that I got on that was short (like 20- 25 mins or less) was Pirates, Dinosaur, Test Track, Falcon ride (Falcon single rider line was a blessing, same with Test Track). The rest of the rides where an HOUR or more (Flight of Passage was always 120 or more mins) and Slinky was always 90 or more mins. In addition to the long wait times for most of the rides, many of them were breaking down. I got stuck on Haunted Mansion for like 15 mins and I never got to ride Space Mountain as it broke down for hours. I still had fun and rode as many rides as I could. But that sun and standing in line was no joke. With Disney increasing park capacity there really needs to be some form of Fast Pass now.

Every single ride in the last four days has been overstated with the exception of Smugglers run, and that’s because we got in line as the crowds were building in the morning so the wait time couldn’t catch up with how many people got in line

touring plans Lines app has been far, far more accurate

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter