Are they shifting guests to different resorts?

I am not sure where you got that info but that is not true in any way.

DVC states right in the member email from April 24th: “In addition, to better support Member availability, Disney Vacation Club will not extend the life of our expiring developer points.”

My understanding is that this means they will temporarily make these developer points available to members to make up for lost points.

Just wondering, but are there any capacity limits at a resort? It's difficult enough trying to keep up with my own home-state and neighboring state rules, so I have no idea where things stand in Florida. And if Florida has no capacity limit, might Disney self-impose their own? As Disney shifts guests into other available lodging, and given the current environment, I'm not sure I'd want to be in a hotel that's at 100% capacity.

Just wondering, but are there any capacity limits at a resort? It's difficult enough trying to keep up with my own home-state and neighboring state rules, so I have no idea where things stand in Florida. And if Florida has no capacity limit, might Disney self-impose their own? As Disney shifts guests into other available lodging, and given the current environment, I'm not sure I'd want to be in a hotel that's at 100% capacity.

Because DVC resorts are a timeshare, they can not impose reduced occupancy rules on the resort as it is deeded real estate.

WDW owned hotels can impose occupancy limits, especially if there is any type of government order requiring them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter