• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are they letting guests into hotels now?

drkate

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone - are they allowing guests into hotels that they aren't staying at?

Hey everyone - are they allowing guests into hotels that they aren't staying at?
They have never prevented people not staying at their hotels from entering the common areas. Even right after reopening, people (vloggers in particular) were able to access any of the open resorts as long as they arrived by Disney transportation. That remains true today. The problem only arises when people arrive by car and don't have a dining reservation. Some of the resorts are very strict about parking and have been known to turn vehicles away.

We just got back from our trip, and stayed at AOA. On 8/11, one of my DDs had to Uber to a local Walgreens to pick up a prescription. She had the Uber driver drop her off at the Contemporary so she could meet us at MK. She chose to ride the monorail rather than walk to MK, and had no trouble getting in the hotel to get to the monorail.

So are people in general now able to arrive at resorts via Uber/Lyft without a dining reservation? I know pre-COVID the issue was parking and during COVID issue was mainly social distancing...

Lyfts & Ubers don't have to park so I see why that wouldn't be a big issue. :) Social distancing wasn't really a Thing when I was there last week and we had no trouble hopping and visiting parks using all transportation forms. Rideshares would work for visiting, or I would maybe even park at the TTC and go from there if I had my own car.

So are people in general now able to arrive at resorts via Uber/Lyft without a dining reservation? I know pre-COVID the issue was parking and during COVID issue was mainly social distancing...
Some near-park resorts e.g. CR won’t let rideshare vehicles in around rope drop time because of congestion or other issues. So whether rideshare is allowed to drop off might depend on time of day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter