Are they going to keep the Indiana Jones Stunt Show?

fairytalelover

DIS Veteran
I thought it was supposed to be gone by now but I think it's still there? We are going to be there Sept 30-Oct 10th and are wondering if it will still be around? Our son adores Indiana Jones and was really upset to hear that they will take it away :sad:

There has been no official announcement so I'd expect it will still be running then. However, things can change quickly....

I love the show, however I would honestly prefer them to get rid of it and in order to keep an indiana jones presence retheme Dinosaur in the animal Kingdom to be Indiana Jones instead (as it is in California)
But we also love the DInosaur ride. However, we adore our Indiana Jones ride here in California :yay:

I don't think it is going anywhere soon. It is still popular and DHS cannot afford the loss of yet another attraction. Especially one of that size. Image what it would be like if the entire crowd at that show were to be competing with you for what few remain. I don't really see any need to get rid of it at all. Many have speculated that the area would be used for Star Wars at some point in time, but, since Star Wars and Indy are all part of the George Lucas acquisition, I see no need for it to be taken out.

I love the show, however I would honestly prefer them to get rid of it and in order to keep an indiana jones presence retheme Dinosaur in the animal Kingdom to be Indiana Jones instead (as it is in California)
I actually wouldn't mind if they'd just replace the stunt show with an Indiana Jones adventure similar to California's...

As for Dinosaur, they could re-theme Ellen's Energy Adventure and move her animatronics to Dinosaur... she could hang from a rope like Indiana Jones does in his ride...

There's been no announcement that it is closing at all. It's all rumours. Expect it to definitely be open when you go.

Just like it was rumored that the great movie ride was going to be closing. Now it'll be getting some renovations.

Don't believe anything you hear until it's announced

I thought LMA was the stunt show rumored to be closing? (to make room for Star Wars Land or a new Pixar attraction)

I thought LMA was the stunt show rumored to be closing? (to make room for Star Wars Land or a new Pixar attraction)

That's another rumor right along with Indiana Jones. No word on either being closed anytime soon. And I'm hoping neither of them do close

Along with those and the Chinese theater rumors, also rumored that they are going to fill in echo lake to build something there, and the American idol building would be turned into a star wars ride. There's no concrete to any rumors until announced from Disney

Well this is great news. We were there last October and went to the stunt show twice for our son who is an avid Indiana Jones fan and he was so sad when he thought that it would be the last time he would go to it. But looks like he will be able to enjoy it again this October when we return :)

The arena and stage are used for various special events throughout the year as well as the attraction itself. And the Special Events people have a lot of pull in the parks. Don't look for it to go away any time soon, although putting a different show in the same space would be a possibility.

Sorry, but I don't think any theme park show is worth a 26 year run without any changes. I skip this one. Last time we went the opening scene with the rolling "stone" wasn't even working!

Sorry, but I don't think any theme park show is worth a 26 year run without any changes. I skip this one. Last time we went the opening scene with the rolling "stone" wasn't even working!

But if your like my family who has been DVC for 4 years and going to the parks for the last 7. This was the first time we saw the show and loved it. So not everyone has seen it and there are always new people to entertain. We have see FOLK and FoW probably 8 times each and will keep going because we like it. I was so disappointed the one time I went to FOLK and the tumble monkeys were not there. Since then if we have new people with us, I don't tell them anything about any show, just in case. That way they don't know what they missed, but still have a great experience.

It's time for a change or at least an update. It's word for word the same show since the 1st day the park opened.
there are a couple changes in dialog, but you're right that it's pretty darn close. Sometimes the guest participation will spawn a moment of spontaneity from one of the performers.

I'm glad it will still be there for our trip in May ,as its my Brother's familys first trip and my nephews (6) & (9) are fans and really want to see it, When we went to Disneyland a couple of years ago The ride was closed for Refurb and my oldest nephew was gutted.

but I am surprised that its never had a refresh . I am surprised that DW never got their own version of the Indy ride (unless you count Dinosaur) Whatever the outcome I believe Indy still needs a presence in the park and the stunt show is still one of the few 'Movie-making' attractions left at Hollywood Studios, and with talk of Chris Pratt dusting off the bullwhip and Fedora I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Dr Jones' Adventures in some format

There have been rumors, but they are just that. I don't think they will be getting rid of it until they open some other stuff first, so it's likely to hang around for a while anyway. I do wish they'd change it up just a little script-wise because it's been the same show since it started!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter