Are these Park-Hopper cards valid??

mtnmama

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I just found this site through google. I have kind of a strange question. Here goes:
I have this great little old man who lives next door. He is quite a character. Anyway, the other day, he came over and handed me 2 DL year of a million dreams 2-day park hopper cards. He said he was walking through a parking lot and saw a pile of coupons on the ground. Being the thrifty guy he is, he picked them up. In the middle of the pile of coupons are these two park hopper cards. He said once he realized what they were he tried to see if anyone around had dropped them but he couldn't find anyone. They are valid until 1/05/09 and they have a small visa logo in the corner. I called Disneyland Guest Services and the gal there said there is no way for her to check if they are used or not. She suggested I just come down and check myself!! :lmao: Since I am not going to do that (I live a LOOONG way away), does anyone know what I can do?? If these are valid, we'd love to use them. I've seen the park-hopper cards at the gift card kiosk in my supermarket, so I'm wondering if these are those type?? One is the cheshire cat and the other is buzz lightyear. They look a little scratched up, like maybe they were in someones wallet and they rubbed against some credit cards or something. :confused: I'm also wondering if maybe someone picked up the card at the market and never actually paid for it, but gave it to their child to play with or something. Is there any way to find out if these are valid?? Thanks for any help or suggestions as to what to do.

:confused: Didn't the ticket machines punch a little hole in each ticket each day you used it? I though that was how you could tell how many days you have left? Maybe this was a long time ago!

The guest services girl asked if the card looked bent or creased. She said that you can use the PH cards for fast-passes and that they get bent and worn looking. These are plastic, credit card plastic so I'm not sure how they would bend without breaking. There is no signature or anything in the signature spot. Do they make you sign your PH card when you enter?? Ugh...this is frustrating!

The bottom line is that the tickets are good (haven't expired) but may have already been used. There is no way to know if they are still usable unless you go to DL Guest Services and have them check each card. They need to scan them to see how many (if any) days have been used.

I agree with CraftyMouse. I'm pretty sure the only way to tell if these cards have been activiated (by the register at the store) and not used is by having them scanned at DLR.

The only other idea I have for you is to take them back to the store where he found them and see if the cashier can check and see if they are activated or not? If they activate when scanned hen you will be charged for them, so you will know that they weren't good? Of course, then you would have to void the sale and have the cashier destroy the cards . .. I'm not sure if this theory will really even work, but it's worth a try.

The only other idea I have for you is to take them back to the store where he found them and see if the cashier can check and see if they are activated or not? If they activate when scanned hen you will be charged for them, so you will know that they weren't good? Of course, then you would have to void the sale and have the cashier destroy the cards . .. I'm not sure if this theory will really even work, but it's worth a try.

This would work to see if the cards have been activated, but you still won't know if there are any days remaining on them. Since they were in the middle of the pile of papers and seemed at least a bit banged up I'd guess that they had been used at least once.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I will take these to the store where I think they may have come from and have a cashier check them out. Our nearest disney store is well over an hour away so I don't think I'll make a special trip just for that. I just wish I knew, dang it!! :confused3

Also, anyone know what the signature line on the card is for? Do they make you sign it when you 1st use it or something?

I can't imagine someone would throw them on the ground unless they were used. They don't make you sign them on the signature line and the fact that they were bent is a clue that they'd been used. They always have the January expiration date on them.

So, your neighbor probably just found someone's old tickets that they'd stashed somewhere and they fell out with their coupons.

Once the first day has been used, it's only good for 14 days from that date. So in all likelihood, they are used up or no longer valid, and somebody was keeping them for memorabilia.

Do you have a Disney Store near your home? I know they sell DL tickets there so they might be able to check for you.

Disney Stores are not equipped to check remaining days on park tickets.

Ding Dong! The Visa Logo! These are probably the Chase Disney Credit Card, Reward Tickets. After so many thousand dollars worth of purchases, you get a reward. The owner picked 2 day hoppers. My best guess is they are used. But....

If you can plan a trip incuding the money for new 2 day hoppers for each of you, do it. Then If the tickets are used, you still have money to cover the tickets. Or if they are good you have extra money for food and Souvenirs!!

While you can check at DL, the odds are more in favor that they are used or expired.

You're going to have to take them to DL and ask them to scan them. Ask if there are any days left on them. Simple.

I can't imagine someone would throw them on the ground unless they were used. They don't make you sign them on the signature line and the fact that they were bent is a clue that they'd been used. They always have the January expiration date on them.

So, your neighbor probably just found someone's old tickets that they'd stashed somewhere and they fell out with their coupons.

They actually aren't bent or really worn at all. They just have very minor surface scratches on them if you hold them in the right light. They don't 'look' used, but who knows. I have a friend going to DL in a couple of months, maybe I'll send them with her to have them checked.

You're going to have to take them to DL and ask them to scan them. Ask if there are any days left on them. Simple.

Thanks but I live 7 hours away and making a trip down there just to have them scanned isn't that simple. DL trips for our family aren't a regular occurrence, unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter