Are there still Christmas items for sale in the shops?

HappieMommie

Oh, Mickey. I miss you.
Title says it all!

If possible at all, how long can I find holiday stuff for sale at the parks? :) Thanks!

Today is the last day of the holiday season in the parks, but a lot of the Christmas items had sold out, some as early as November! Unless you were going to be able to make it today, I'd say no.

If there is Christmas merchandise left, they will usually mark it down and keep it around for a bit. Then (sometimes) it gets shipped off to the various Character Warehouses.

I am not sure what's left in the Park as we didn't go into the stores when we were there the other night.

You might have a run up to the Disney Character Warehouse in Fullerton. I suspect they'll have some items in a few days. It's on Lemon, just south of Orangethorpe, across the street from Sonic Drive-in.

There is a Christmas shop in Frontierland, so they might have some stuff left over from the '09 Christmas season.

You might have a run up to the Disney Character Warehouse in Fullerton. I suspect they'll have some items in a few days. It's on Lemon, just south of Orangethorpe, across the street from Sonic Drive-in.

Ooooh, Sonic. Another fun American thing to see! :) Thanks!

When I was at DL yesterday, I went asking / looking for Christmas stuff for you.

I was told by a CM at the Emporium that everything in their shop has been moved to Frontierland. I went to the Pioneer Mercantile in Frontierland. They have a bunch of Christmas 2009 stuff and (I think) all of it was marked 50% down.

Here's what they had there.

Hope this helps!

1262651083.jpg

1262651106.jpg

1262651128.jpg

1262651148.jpg

1262651221.jpg

1262651174.jpg

1262651228.jpg

and the pink hat was also in purple.

Disney Dreams will find this amusing because she knows I love to know what new holiday merchandise is on sale at DLR each year, seeing as they have had some really great things that were up my alley in the past. Well, my one and only holiday trip in 2009 was a whirlwind, rather spur of the moment, hectic one-day extravaganza. It also happend to be the ONLY time I did not look in one single shop in DL, DTD or DCA, other than Pooh Corner (just to get pictures of the Christmas tree in there and that was it). There was really no time. I also didn't really have any money to buy any goodies in 2009, but I still would have liked to look at the stuff just to either tell my friends or post photos here or remember what to look for next holiday season.

So, wouldn't you know that the one and only year where I did not look in any shops in DLR happens to be a year where they had some things I would have wanted badly! They are the Main Street Holiday 'sculptures' (for lack of a better word) and I did not see them at DLR in 2008 or 2007, so I assume they were brand new in '09. They would have been perfect complements to my ToonTown Holiday Houses and my Haunted Mansion Houses (both the regular HM and the HMH holiday version). I found photos of the Emporium Holiday sculpture and the Main St. Cinema Holiday house on Mice Age/Micechat just a while ago. Here is the link - scroll all the way down the page and you will see them.

http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/da...ction-update-55th-anniversary-merch-more.html

I am SOOOOOOO mad that I didn't look in any shops! Arrrgggghhhh. Drat! The way these kinds of collectibles usually work, next holiday season there might be another Main Street Holiday sculpture, but they will have stopped selling one of the other ones, like the Cinema or something. And if I find out that I missed out on an It's a Small World Holiday sculpture or something, I will scream. That is one I would definitely not want to miss!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter