Are there fireworks or evening shows at Universal?

disny_luvr

DIS Veteran
I’m just curious if Universal has fireworks or any evening shows like Disney? If so, are they worth watching or is that a good time to ride the more popular rides?

TIA!

They have projection shows. Not every night. And nothing like Disney does in MK or Epcot. And they really don’t promote them the same way Disney does, as in you probably won’t know 30 days out to plan around them. They are not watched by most of the guests in the park like Disneys so especially in the Studios its not going to have a “walk on the rides effect”. Over in IOA the castle show in Harry Potter is different and makes the space almost impossible to walk through.

All in all, no I would not recommend planning on using the time as a great way to knock out headliner rides. Other than its later in the evening and crowds are naturally thinning.
For example if Studios has a projection show on Sunday night the actual ride times on other nights through the week (without a show) are probably going to be less because crowds as a whole are lighter on weekdays.

All the shows are worth watching at least once. But are on a smaller scale since Universal is right in the middle of Orlando (instead if off by itself like Disney property) they can’t do the same kind of fireworks.

Last edited:
I really enjoy the projection show on Hogwart's , but it is VERY crowded. I would definitely try and see it at least once if it works out, and y'all are HP fans. I haven't seen the projection shows at Studios in a long while, usually just end up missing them, doing other things, but I'd try to catch it if you can. I dont' recall if ride times are better though. And not at all on the scale of Disney fireworks/shows

We saw the Cinematic Celebration at Universal Studios at the lagoon at the start of January, and we really loved it. Love how they combined music, lighting, fireworks, the water dancing and the projection of the movies. I thought it was well worth catching!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter