Are There "Behind The Scenes" Kitchen or Cooking Tours?

fivetexans

Earning My Ears
I've been trying to see if WDW offers any tours of any of their kitchens or some type of cooking tour.

I've been searching. I know there's all kinds of other behind the scenes tours. I'm just wondering if there is some kind of secret, unpublished tour to see the magic that happens in the kitchens.

I'll call my DVC rep tomorrow and see if she knows anything, but I thought I would see if anyone here knows.

Thanks!

Rich

I believe one of the restaurants at AKL does a tour...Josh mentioned it in a post a while back. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: It's Boma. The schedule Josh photographed listed it as being at 4:00, but I don't know if that changes or what days of the week it's offered. If you can get in touch with AKL or Boma directly I'm sure they could give you more specifics. The post is here.

We did a tour about 2 years ago that went to both Kidani and Jambo House. It focused mostly on breads and sauces of Africa. Very fun... and oh so tasty. It was free. You just need to check out the schedule of activities at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Backstage Safari takes you through the kitchens at AK. But it is the kitchens where they prepare the food for the animals.

We did the one at AKL, got to go to Boma and Jiko, lovely CM's told us about their countries, and got to sample soups and breads. Great experience!

We did the one at AKL, got to go to Boma and Jiko, lovely CM's told us about their countries, and got to sample soups and breads. Great experience!

I've done that one also, twice. It's free and they don't ask if you're staying at AKL. One time when I took it there were five of us, the next time, juist me and one other solo. Also took one at Sanaa, but didn't go back into the kitchens. I think your idea's great!

I got an impromptu behind the scenes your of Sanaa. we stopped an official looking cast member and asked for directions. he took us through the kitchen and he must have been someone high level because all the workers stopped and looked at us... we got prompt service at the hostess desk. it was cool! I was tickled.

Must show DH this thread - Jiko is his (and mine) favorite restaurant.

I have been informed that our first night eating at Jiko takes precedence over going to a park....

Thanks so much for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter