Are there any Maxpass No-Nos?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
are there any “bad” MP choices to make? I’m worried I will be flustered and randomly pick something and have it be a totally bad strategy.

are there any “bad” MP choices to make? I’m worried I will be flustered and randomly pick something and have it be a totally bad strategy.

Unlike traditional FP’s you can cancel your MP’s if you change your mind! If you cancel one it opens it up for you to select a new one right away

The only "bad" one I can think of would be to book something with a longer return time that prevents you from riding another MP ride because there are no passes left. For instance, RSR usually sells out of MPs ... time depends on when you go, but let's say they run at 1PM and you pulled a GoTG FP at noon with a 1.5 hour return time, blocking out your ability to get another FP until 1:30, by which time RSR is gone. Just keep on eye on that sort of thing.

Unlike traditional FP’s you can cancel your MP’s if you change your mind! If you cancel one it opens it up for you to select a new one right away
A couple months ago I was able to cancel a traditional fast pass with the app. I think the only advantages are a faster time to get another fastpass, not needing to walk to the machines, and probably another I can't think of right now.

Personally, I won’t book one that’s going to make me wait 90 minutes first thing in the morning. For instance, I see a lot of people suggest to book RSR first, which is good if you can get it early. But sometimes you come in at 8:15 and RSR is at 11:00, and booking it then isn’t necessary and will waste a lot of time when you could have knocked out many FP rides quickly. I’ll do some of the ones with quick returns and then grab RSR a couple of hours later (so maybe between 10-11 - after keeping an eye on return times, of course), and I usually end up with a mid-afternoon RSR return time.

Would booking that 11:00 RSR FP at 8:15 be “wrong”? Not really... but it’s not very efficient.

Personally, I won’t book one that’s going to make me wait 90 minutes first thing in the morning. For instance, I see a lot of people suggest to book RSR first, which is good if you can get it early. But sometimes you come in at 8:15 and RSR is at 11:00, and booking it then isn’t necessary and will waste a lot of time when you could have knocked out many FP rides quickly. I’ll do some of the ones with quick returns and then grab RSR a couple of hours later (so maybe between 10-11 - after keeping an eye on return times, of course), and I usually end up with a mid-afternoon RSR return time.

Would booking that 11:00 RSR FP at 8:15 be “wrong”? Not really... but it’s not very efficient.
Ok. This is what I was thinking in my head. Getting excited to see something hard to get and then blocking out things. Thanks to this board I think I have a good strategy going in! Thanks!

Don't forget to book your next FP right after you scan in with your current FP...don't wait until you get off the ride. And, be aware that you need to do Soarin and Indy before you get down in their tunnels and lose cell service.

Book as soon as you are scanned in to the ride and it will free up your next FP. I check wait times and go for the ones that save the most time. Soarin' is a great choice. So is Indy.

A couple months ago I was able to cancel a traditional fast pass with the app. I think the only advantages are a faster time to get another fastpass, not needing to walk to the machines, and probably another I can't think of right now.
90 min wait between pulling a new max pass rather than 120 min fast pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter