• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there any Breakfast Buffets happening now?

adSimba

Always another adventure with Mickey
Or really in early May? My son and I always do one on trips to Disneyland, this will be our first WDW trip and it would be nice to continue the tradition, I understand that it will be different than usual...

No buffets at all right now and not likely anytime soon. Some places are serving AYCE family style.
well yes, I guess I was lumping in those as buffets, who has AYCE?

The best menus to check right now are Disney’. the restaurant page will also tell you what is open.

Liberty tree tavern in MK (always family style) and I think crystal palace in MK too!

then garden grill in Epcot (it’s always like this) and the app shows Biergarten?

Then Hollywood and vine at HS.

go to the app, location, dining and filter your food options. I hit family style.

Chef Mickey’s, Hollywood and Vine, Cinderella’s Royal Table, Topolino’s are some ideas too.

Liberty tree tavern in MK (always family style) and I think crystal palace in MK too!

then garden grill in Epcot (it’s always like this) and the app shows Biergarten?

go to the app, location, dining and filter your food options. I hit family style.

I don't think any of these places are serving breakfast right now though.

I think the only family style breakfasts now are Chef Mickey's and Whispering Canyon, but I'm not positive.

Oh my goodness, it would take a long time to go through all of them to figure out which ones are family style.
My first thought too, plus I don't really know which ones used to be buffet

I didn't know that was a specific option, thank you!

We went to Chef Mickey’s right before it had characters interacting (so we paid $25pp) but the food and service was great!!! Better than buffet IMO because you didn’t need to get up. You just asked for more of this or that. I thought it was a great deal as we were not characters oriented and paid significantly less Than the meal with characters before or after CoVid. But even with more characters and higher prices we would definitely do it again. Food and service was great!!!

I would not be at all surprised if buffets stay family style for a long while. It is so much more sanitary

And for those of us with small children, it is so much less stressful to have all the food delivered to us! I love the selection at the buffets but it’s tricky to send the adults up in shifts, get the kids food, our food, etc. So much up and down and rarely a time when the whole family is sitting at the table to eat. With family style I love that we get some variety but we can all stay at the table together.

I know many people love the buffets and we have done countless Disney buffets over the years, but I love the family style model.

We've always avoided Chef Mickey's because as a character breakfast it was (1) a noisy place and (2) no one really raved about the food. We finally did it last fall (before it became a character breakfast again) and the food was delivered family style and surprisingly good. The cheesy potatoes thing was a real hit. If they keep it family style in the future, we'll be back - it was that good.

I miss buffets and hope they come back soon. Particularly breakfast buffets. A Champagne Brunch is my favorite restaurant meal. I don't eat much but I love a huge variety. You don't get variety unless you are eating a lot, or with a great many people willing to share.

There have always been people that looked down on buffets. No one here has said this, but often in discussions on buffets people will say, "I get sick just looking at people eat all that food" or "Buffets and the people at them are disgusting." Then they will end with "I hope they never come back."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter