Are there any accurate crowd calendars now?

countofmc

Mouseketeer
The popular and free ones used to be pretty good before the pandemic but seem pretty unreliable now, as the crowd levels seem unpredictable. Any good ones you use that are still pretty accurate?

Nope. And even January and February that used to be "slow" seasons have festivals and parties now to keep the crowds.

Nah Disney is doing things year round to keep the crowds up. Especially with the reservation system spreading things out. My only rule is I don’t go on saturdays. Just way too crowded lol

Look at when the Magic Keys (annual passholders) are blocked out. If they are blocked out crowds are usually lights (does not apply to holidays though).

Unless it’s raining..it’s always busy. I try to book my trips when there are no holidays, no school breaks but actually, the 4th of July weekend last year was one of my better trips as far as low crowds. Most keys were blocked out.

Nah Disney is doing things year round to keep the crowds up. Especially with the reservation system spreading things out. My only rule is I don’t go on saturdays. Just way too crowded lol
Mondays are by far the worst day of the week. Saturday is far more relaxed. Most annual passes holders are blocked on Saturday.

Unless it’s raining..it’s always busy. I try to book my trips when there are no holidays, no school breaks but actually, the 4th of July weekend last year was one of my better trips as far as low crowds. Most keys were blocked out.

We were there in March and poured just about the full 4 days we were there. It was still packed. There is no down time anymore.

We were there in March and poured just about the full 4 days we were there. It was still packed. There is no down time anymore.
Agree. With the reservations system in place rain will not keep the parks empty unless it’s truly storming and all the outdoor rides are shut down. You can’t easily switch to another day.

Mondays are by far the worst. When there are many passholders blocked, Saturday and Sunday actually are manageable and better than weekdays (i.e. summer months).

the isitpacked.com website I feel is reasonably accurate, but as other have said, almost everyday now seems pretty busy.

I still watch the crowd calendars and have found them accurate. Most days are busy.

Look at when the Magic Keys (annual passholders) are blocked out. If they are blocked out crowds are usually lights (does not apply to holidays though).
Also, look at single day ticket prices. Lower price tiers are usually busy days.
Halloween Time is very busy, often more crowded than Summer :headache:

We have been able to predict crowds pretty accurately by looking at a combination of things:
1. Magic key black outs - obviously the more keys that are blacked out the less busy it will be.
2. Single day ticket prices - the lower the cost of a single day the busier it would be.
3. Special events.
In general, it’s been busier during the week when the ticket costs are lower and more quiet on the weekends.

When we visited in January it was raining harder than some of the downpours I have experienced in WA and the parks were busy. And if you are from the country is was raining harder than a cow "peeing" on a flat rock. (I cleaned up the real country version since this is of course a Disney board) 🐮

I would have seen lower 1-day ticket prices as a cue that it would be less busy. 🤷‍♀️ Is the theory that the lower the single day ticket price, the busier the park, a lower price means more people will come, absent any other considerations? November ticket prices are lower than October, but I suspect October would be much busier.

Ditto for later in December; maybe it's more like a cascading list of considerations, with special events affecting the prices first?

Yeah the tier system on the pricing and AP blockout dates are usually a good guide. Then again, some say the weekends are better now than some weekdays. I say this over and over to people looking for when it's best to go. Just don't worry about it and get there at rope drop. It's so much better than doing the same at WDW. Hit the ground running and get as much done as possible before 11am. Obviously, don't go in October unless you just really love Halloween decorations. For summer, June to early July is good. For the rest, it's a crap shoot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter