Are the Polynesian Villas really that noisy?

We had a Lake view studio (3025) and we heard the horn from the boats as late as 11:45 pm and as early as 6:45 am. I was only there for one night, but i dont think i would want to hear the noise for multiple nights. We had a beautiful view and the room was very nice.

We stayed at the Poly in a Lake View this past May, second floor, Moorea Longhouse, close to the far end (which is closest to the ferry pier).

Would never stay there in a Lake View again. The ferry horns started by 5AM every morning and would go past midnight on most nights. It was loud enough that it felt like it shook the room every time.

I wouldn't have gotten any sleep at all if I hadn't brought earplugs.

We stayed in Moorea #1027. We could lightly hear the horns when the doors and curtains were shut. We sleep with a sound machine due to young kids, so horns and fireworks were no bother for us. Both sets of grandparents came with us and were a bit closer to the ferry dock. Neither set complained and my in-laws are huge complainers so I guess it didn’t bother them.

Stayed in Tokelau last NYE and it was very noisy due to doors slamming loudly and toilets in neighboring rooms flushing loudly. One of the nosiest DVC rooms we've had.

Adding: 2nd floor standard view

Last edited:

Stayed in Tokelau (standard view) in September 2017. It was the loudest room we have ever had at Disney. The only thing close to that noise level was a super close to Epcot room at the Beach Club. The ferry horns, fireworks, etc were super audible. We would stay there again - our kids were so tired the noises didn’t bother them. I can sleep through anything, so I didn’t really care. It was more something my husband and I joked about than were bothered about, but I would never advise anyone sensitive to noise to stay there.

Have stayed in Tokelau 3 times and Morea once, all standard view studios, 3rd floor each time. No noise issues at all, very sensitive to noise. Love the Poly!:thumbsup2

We've stayed in Tokelau twice. I could hear the boat horns only if the door was open. What was worse was our 2nd floor neighbors who sat on their balcony talking pretty loudly. I was in the bed closest to the bathroom wall but could hear every word they were saying at midnight. About the third time they dropped the f bomb I got out of bed and flung the slider door open. I loudly said, "Do you realize that people can hear every word you are saying?" They said sorry and I slammed the slider door closed. Thankfully I did not come face to face with these people the next day.

Checked out of a weeks stay at Moorea on Saturday. I always request high floor away from the elevator and ice machine. Not a sound all week. About the ONLY complaint I have is that the rooms are so dark. I feel like I need to bring my own lamp from home.

We are light sleepers and are going next month. For those of you who stated in Tokelau, which room did you stay in where noise was not an issue? I was thinking along the lines of room 3939 (end of hall facing west (pool side) but not over pool on 3rd fl).

We've stayed in Tokelau twice. I could hear the boat horns only if the door was open. What was worse was our 2nd floor neighbors who sat on their balcony talking pretty loudly. I was in the bed closest to the bathroom wall but could hear every word they were saying at midnight. About the third time they dropped the f bomb I got out of bed and flung the slider door open. I loudly said, "Do you realize that people can hear every word you are saying?" They said sorry and I slammed the slider door closed. Thankfully I did not come face to face with these people the next day.
The same thing happened to us. Our neighbors on their patio weren't yelling or anything, just not being considerately quiet. I think the walls must be really thin!
Other than that, we loved our stay. We were in Moorea standard.

Considering buying in at Poly, but this thread is making me nervous - I am a light sleeper. Are these complaints chiefly Morea or are Pago Pago and Tokelau okay? (although I saw a couple of complaints here on Tokelau).. Are all the walls at every room just too thin?

Considering buying in at Poly, but this thread is making me nervous - I am a light sleeper. Are these complaints chiefly Morea or are Pago Pago and Tokelau okay? (although I saw a couple of complaints here on Tokelau).. Are all the walls at every room just too thin?
All the walls are thin.

My heart just broke... I think I already unfortunately know but just to be sure do you mean all the walls at PVB or do you mean all DVC resorts?

Really, all Disney resort walls. DVC doesn't get thicker construction, and Poly is a conversion of 1970s construction.

We own at the Poly and have stayed there a number of times. Usually the Moorea building. We have never had an issue with noise. Maybe we have been lucky.

I'm wondering, I heard the views are terrible (parking lot etc), but maybe Pago Pago is quiet because it is kind of out there by itself?

I stayed in Tokelau third floor twice, once on the pool side, once on the garden side. Didn't notice noise.

I agree that most complaints of Noise at the Poly are overblown. I've stayed both Lake View rooms and standard view rooms at Poly...all without issue.

If you're a lake-view room, yes you'll hear the boat horns. Typically they run from the early morning to the late night. I can totally understand that if you're a light sleeper, they might keep you awake. I am neither a heavy nor light sleeper and I was perfectly fine. Never had a problem falling asleep, nor did they wake me up in the morning.

Same goes for noise between the walls and in the hallways. Nothing out-of-the-ordinary for any hotel. Poly DVC is neither more nor less noisy than any other hotel. If a child is having a tantrum, screaming, etc...then yeah, you'll hear them.

My recommendation is to bring a white-noise machine or find a white-noise app for your phone. Crank that sucker up and have it drown away anything that might keep you up.

We stayed in Tokelau pool side (had a connecting room with my parents) and had no issues with noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter