Are the parks not crowded at present???

I've got my fingers crossed that this holds out for our trip-just 10 more days! I wonder though I know we are there on free dining so won't that raise the crowd levels once that kicks in?

I've got my fingers crossed that this holds out for our trip-just 10 more days! I wonder though I know we are there on free dining so won't that raise the crowd levels once that kicks in?
Hasn't the American free dining offer started already? Canadian free dining started Aug. 17th and the free dining bounce back offers from last year started Aug. 20, so I don't think that will affect anything.

Hasn't the American free dining offer started already? Canadian free dining started Aug. 17th and the free dining bounce back offers from last year started Aug. 20, so I don't think that will affect anything.

I had in my head-who knows why- that it started after Labor day, so you are probably right. Good news for us! Thank you.

EasyWDW listed yesterday and today as 3 on the crowd level. I'm going on the 17th and that is listed as a 1... but I have to wonder if there is actually an increase in attendance on the days the crowd calendar bottoms out?

The bubble might have burst. Cbr parking lot went from 80% empty to 80% full today. HS also just suddenly got packed.

Its still reasonable for rides right now.

The bubble might have burst. Cbr parking lot went from 80% empty to 80% full today. HS also just suddenly got packed.

Its still reasonable for rides right now.

Maybe it has to do with people coming in for Labor Day?

Maybe it has to do with people coming in for Labor Day?

Maybe, ill see what its like tomorrow in the parks and let you know. Pop had an insanely long bus line tonight at HS. they had a constant new bus pulling up trying to keep up. Ill hand it to DTD for the bus changes this year. They do seem prepared compared to a year ago.

MK tonight was still very low crowds. There was a 30 minute wait posted at 7DMTR at 9:00 tonight, we timed the wait and it was only 17 minutes. We were only in the park for 2 1/2 hours and rode Space, Buzz, Peter Pan ( with a fp), BTMRR, Haunted Mansion, and The Little Mermaid as well as the 7DMTR. It was a great evening.

As promised earlier, here is how crowdless it is..

ADRs/tours were let in (before rope drop), Sunday 8/6 Approximately 8am:

20150830_074157 (2).jpg

20150830_074258 (2).jpg

Same Day: Haunted Mansion at Noon.

20150830_111443 (2).jpg

Next Day At Animal Kingdom:

1pm:
20150831_124646 (2).jpg

Shortly After (fast pass wasn't even open still covered):

20150831_125720 (2).jpg

Approximately 3pm:

20150831_143304 (2).jpg

Last Pic: Next day in the afternoon at epcot, soarin didn't have enough people to fill the theater. I'm 90% sure they were only using 1 theater.

20150901_110008 (2).jpg

You get the idea. After the trip or on some down days I'll start a trip report with many more pics and videos, etc.

That's awesome!! I had heard slow days weren't that slow anymore. Glad that's not the case :) Our close friends have been there for their first visit since Saturday so these reports of low crowds make me feel much better.

We're locals and did a split day between Animal Kingdom and Universal. Everest was walk on, so was Dinosaur. It was extremely slow. Over at Universal later, Gringotts was 20 minutes or less, we went t here to do last rides on Disaster and Hulk (Which are both closing after Labor day) and didn't have problems getting on either. Both Potter areas were a breeze to walk through, and if it wasn't for the heat, would have been perfect.

So yeah, this week is slow, probably will pick up today/tomorrow though, and be dead after labor day until the Halloween events start picking up.

Really this week (excluding labor day)) and the next 2-3 weeks are the slowest of the year now, second slowest is first week or two in December, after Thanksgiving weekend (Bonus, the weather is usually better in December).

Thank you so much for the pictures, that's just awesome! PamNC-I'm right behind you at 9 days!

We went for the day yesterday (9/2) Got to MK right at 9:00. Walked on to JC, BTMR, HM, IASW, and LM ride before lunch at BoG at 10:30. (BoG was turning people away, even though there was no one waiting, and the restaurant was half empty). Took the train back to Main Street, then hopped the monorail over to Epcot. Got there around 12:00 and walked on to Nemo, Living with the Land, and waited 8 minutes for Soarin'. It was a good day. Really, REALLY hot, but awesome crowds.
Only disappointment was that the Epcot monorail did not start running until 9:00/open. We parked at Epcot for the day, because we were ending our day there, and it's easier to get in and out. Ended up having to grab a bus from Epcot to MK.. at least it dropped off at MK rather than the TTC (which is what the signs say)

We are here now, today is crazy busy. The 3 days before today were very nice, we were able to walk on everything with very little wait. Today feels like when I was here Easter week this year, left MK early because it was so crazy, wall to wall people and wait times were ridiculous. I don't think it was projected to this busy, hope tomorrow is better. On the plus side we did so much the first three days here that we are ok taking it easy the next few.

I went the week after Labor Day 2011. MK had really low crowds, all the other parks were EMPTY! Im going back the same time this year...hope its the same :)

There were hardly any crowds but the heat was insufferable, and I live here. It was better after dark, but still very hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter