Are the busses a problem at POR & POFQ

TigerLaw

DIS Veteran
Given that I am now looking at POR as my new resort (after being kicked out of CBR) for my upcoming october trip, I am becoming alarmed by some of the recent posts regarding the WDW buses. Are the buses full always? sometimes? never? My concern is that I am shooting for the mansions, but my understanding is that the east bus stop is the last stop. I am somewhat surprised that this may be an issue, b/c at all my stays at CBR, this was seldom a problem, and I thought CBR was bigger in size than PO.

Thanks in advance for the help!

We stayed at POFQ and were always first on the bus and first off. By the time we hit POR in the morning, it was standing room only.

We stayed at POR in 1999 and POFQ in 2000 and the buses were awful. I don't know if they've gotten any better since or not. We would get on the bus at the main stop at POR (when it was DxL) and it would almost be full from people from POFQ. By the time we got to the last POR stop, it was either full or standing room only. This was in Peak season. So the following year we went in Dec, off season, and stayed at POFQ. We had to wait at least 15-20 minutes with tons of other people for every bus, and it took us three, completely filled, MK buses to finally get on one to get to MVMCP and because they were so full of people from POFQ they didn't even stop at POR. I don't know if this was just an off time for them or not, but I remember one night sitting at DD at the very dark stop over by Cirque and waiting 40 minutes for a bus back to POFQ and every other resort bus came twice.

i just got back from por and i had no trouble with the buses. we stayed in the mansions and were very close to the north depot. we never waited more than 15 min for a bus and that was rare. we did not usually hit the parks and things at heavy times though. i did notice the last buses from the parks had a lot of people standing. overall i do not think the buses were bad at all. have a great trip!

The buses will be crowded because the 2 resorts together have 3000 rooms. My advice is if you are going to the parks before they open in the morning, go to the South Depot to catch the bus. This will be the 2nd stop. In the afternoon or early evening, you will never have a problem finding a seat at any depot. In the evenings after leaving a park all of the buses for all of the resorts are always standing room only except for Old Key West. Why is it that Old Key West never has a full bus anywhere???!!! :p

POR Buses are not a problem. Just the lack of them. ;)
ASMo handles bus waits perfect -- a nice orderly line.
POR -- God awful free for all.:p
Good luck. I hope you have better POR bus luck than we did. If not, order taxis ----- It would be worth the time and aggravation saved.

We just stayed at POR in June and for the most part had no trouble with the buses. Of course, we were going to the parks around 9:00-10:00, so that might have made the difference.

We were in Bldg 37 which is very close to the North Depot and right next to the Mansions (4th stop). Sure the buses were standing room only at the park closings, but so were all the other resorts. One bus would just pull away and another would be there within 5-10 minutes. Sometimes another bus would pull up before the first one finished loading. Very rarely did we have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bus (maybe once that I can think of and that was to a waterpark-15 minutes tops), and we were there for 10 days.

If you are worried about standing, I would go to the South Depot like Jaguar9748 suggests, especially if you are going at the busy times.

I've stayed at values, moderates and deluxes, and I've had bus problems at all of them. Once we had to wait for a bus to one of the parks for over 40 minutes at ASMO and it wasn't during a busy time of day either. AS also share buses with all 3 resorts and I've seen standing room only on them when going to the parks.

I'm not sure why we were so lucky and didn't have the problems that others experienced. Maybe they had more buses running when we were there, because there were too many complaints in recent months, or maybe it was because we weren't going first thing in the morning.

Good luck with your plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter