Are the 10 day tickets sold in Australia available to U.S. residents?

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
I know, weird question. Just trying to figure out how to do 7 days at the parks for best price possible.

You'll need to verify that you're an Australian (or New Zealand) resident when you first enter the park (with a drivers license or a passport), so no, it won't work for U.S. residents.

Your least expensive option is going to be the Flex Pass ($599), but that might not work very well for you either. I don't recall what dates you were going, but I remember it included Dapper Day, and there are three days that week (Friday, April 17 - Sunday, April 19) that require a reservation to enter the parks with a Flex Pass. I assume your trip includes those days. If so, the problem is that you can only have two reservations at a time. So you could reserve Friday and Saturday, and then hope that Sunday is still available after you use your reservation for Friday (at which time, you could make another reservation).

I don't think anyone really knows how many Flex Passes will be out there by that point, or how many reservations Disney will be allowing each day, so it's hard to predict. But that Sunday (April 19) is Dapper Day. So it seems quite possible -- perhaps even likely -- that it will not be available when you need it to be.

Your least expensive option is going to be the Flex Pass ($599), but that might not work very well for you either. I don't recall what dates you were going, but I remember it included Dapper Day, and there are three days that week (Friday, April 17 - Sunday, April 19) that require a reservation to enter the parks with a Flex Pass. I assume your trip includes those days. If so, the problem is that you can only have two reservations at a time. So you could reserve Friday and Saturday, and then hope that Sunday is still available after you use your reservation for Friday (at which time, you could make another reservation).
I believe people can still buy a regular ticket (say a 5 day ticket), use it a few days. Then once he's out of the days he'd have to reserve if he had the Flex Pass, he could then upgrade it to the flex pass and use that for the rest of the trip. That is assuming, that Dapper Day is at the begining or middle of his trip, not the end.

I believe people can still buy a regular ticket (say a 5 day ticket), use it a few days. Then once he's out of the days he'd have to reserve if he had the Flex Pass, he could then upgrade it to the flex pass and use that for the rest of the trip. That is assuming, that Dapper Day is at the begining or middle of his trip, not the end.

Yes! That's brilliant! As long as he has at least two days of vacation left after April 19, he could enter the park that day on his 5-day pass and then upgrade to the Flex Pass for the rest of the trip. You could actually do it after entering the park on April 17 if both the April 18 and 19 were still available for reservations. Then you'd have the passport discount for food and souvenirs for the rest of the trip.

You could actually do it a little cheaper if you were willing to give up the Park Hopper and go with just 1-park each day. Maybe that wouldn't be a big deal if you have 7 days? Then a 5-day ($340) and a 2-day ($225) would only cost you $565. And it would be less than that if you bought them from a discounter.

I think we just don't know how available reservations will be for the Flex pass this far out. If you do the 5 day ticket and upgrade it after the first 5 days to the FP, what will happen if the days you need are not able to be reserved? Right now, most days are available, with some booking up the day-of, and sometimes only intermittently at that. But by next year, who knows? I think you can wait and see how the FP is working at that time. If reservations are still relatively easy to get, you can do the 5 day ticket and upgrade and try to snag any 2 reservation-only days that you have left on your trip at that time. If reservations are difficult to come by leading up to the trip (ie many more people get the FP and start using it, which I personally think is going to happen), then you might have to do a more liberal AP (and therefore, a more expensive one). As @tarheelalum says, DLR wants you to buy an AP, preferably an expensive one!

@Captainkidd76 I see in another post in the Transportation forum, you said you were going from April 15-22. I assume you're travel days are the 15th and the 22nd. If that's the case, are you planning on seven days in the parks? That would include one of your travel days (and since you're flying to and from Boston, I don't imagine you'll have a lot of extra time on either of those days).

Either way (six or seven days), @Megan27ist suggestion would work great. Buy five-day passes. Use them through Sunday, April 19. Then upgrade to Flex Passes. And use those on April 20 through 21 or 22.

I think we just don't know how available reservations will be for the Flex pass this far out.

I completely agree. In fact, I expect it's going to be a lot harder to get reservations than people think.

Disney knows better than anyone what to expect. And if they expected Flex Pass holders to be able to reserve any of the dates that require reservations (and to be able to count on a third day being available two days after you use your first reservation), then a Flex Pass would be more valuable than a Signature or a Deluxe Passport (because, effectively, there'd be more days available to you). So, since Disney priced it less than the other Passports, they must expect those days not to be readily available.

I think Disney's anticipation is that Flex Pass holders can go on the non-reservation days and occasionally on other days.

@Captainkidd76 I see in another post in the Transportation forum, you said you were going from April 15-22. I assume you're travel days are the 15th and the 22nd. If that's the case, are you planning on seven days in the parks? That would include one of your travel days (and since you're flying to and from Boston, I don't imagine you'll have a lot of extra time on either of those days).

Either way (six or seven days), @Megan27ist suggestion would work great. Buy five-day passes. Use them through Sunday, April 19. Then upgrade to Flex Passes. And use those on April 20 through 21 or 22.

OP:

If your travel dates are 4/15 - 4/22, then you'll be in So Cal on the 3rd Sunday of the month (4/19)...that's when Walt's Barn is open...so instead of going into DL that day, go on Bob Gurr's bus tour. Go to the Tam O'Shanter for dinner on 4/19 (Walt Disney ate there often and had his own table that he'd always sit at). Go to DL on 4/16-4/19 and then again on Mon 4/20 and Tues 4/21. Based on when your flight departs on 4/22, do a character breakfast before you leave for the airport.

And on arrival day, go to a character meal for dinner (Goofy's Kitchen) or Napa Rose or Steakhouse 55.

A Deluxe AP right now costs $799. Flex Pass is $599, but since Dapper Day falls over your travel dates, the odds of being able to actually get into DL with a Flex Pass will be low.

BUT...you know what? Dapper Day usually has REALLY reduced on site hotel rates. I'm talking WAY more affordable than the usual highway robbery rates.

Something to keep in mind given how much you wanted to stay on site!
http://dapperday.com/spring-2020-disneyland-ca

Ok, I just had 1 more thought that maybe you might not have considered re: how to get 7-day park tickets...

If you're military or if you'll have someone with you in your group who is military and can show his/her military ID when you get there, the military person could purchase discounted 3-day tickets ahead of time through his/her local military base.

The catch with this is that the military service person has to be present with you in order for you to be able to use the tickets.

A Deluxe AP right now costs $799. Flex Pass is $599, but since Dapper Day falls over your travel dates, the odds of being able to actually get into DL with a Flex Pass will be low.

BUT...you know what? Dapper Day usually has REALLY reduced on site hotel rates. I'm talking WAY more affordable than the usual highway robbery rates.

Something to keep in mind given how much you wanted to stay on site!
http://dapperday.com/spring-2020-disneyland-ca

Already done. Got GCH for $429 a night.

5 day pass and 2 day pass is actually less money.

You’re definitely right. The amount of days you have to hit to even break even with deluxe or sig these days is pretty high. And Flex Pass is basically useless for anyone coming from a distance and/or having to visit around school schedules. I’m a teacher, so it’s less than useless to me. I know you have kids and live across the country, so probably not great for you, either.

May I ask how? I feel like I tried everything to find a discount (unsuccessful renting points) and the only way possible for us is to pay $800-$900 booking direct which I'm not doing :(.

Try this site. If you mess around with it a little, you can see what dates are still available. (Specifically, first you enter your dates and other info and search for availability, then uncheck the "available room only" box. It will then show you which of your dates are available and which aren't.)

The discounted rate is still available for the nights of April 15-21 for GCH ($429/night) and the nights of April 15-22 for the DLH ($329/night).

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter