Are taxes and fees refunded/credited?

flashy09

Earning My Ears
If I book a cruise that is cancelled by Disney, I think I have the option of credit (maybe 25% more?) or a refund. Are they both the whole price, taxes and fees included?

Is the 25% more still happening or if you book now is it a case of knowing the risk?

Thank you!

If you pay in full and your cruise is cancelled, they will refund you the port charges and taxes and then apply 125% of the fare you paid as credit to your account that you can use to rebook with. If you choose a refund, you will receive a full refund fare, taxes and fees but only the amount you paid.

Also, is a concierge deposit ever refundable or is that always a credit no matter when cancelled?

Thank you! Can the 125% go towards a final payment of a later existing cruise?
Yes, you can use the 125% FCC on any new or existing cruise until May 2022 in any combination of cash and the FCC. It's for each person, however - so you can apply it to the extent that person's fare still has room for payment.

I recommend using all of it - or as much as possible - on the earlier cruises since it does expire. Keep cash payments for later cruises.

At this time the future cruise must be by May 2022.
I really hope they extend that. We'll be cancelling our June '21 cruise (assuming they don't do it themselves) and will try to move the FCC we received for July '20 to June '22...if they let us. Otherwise, we'll just take the refund before our PIF date.

Last edited:
Piggybacking onto this post. With 125% credit, can you use the credit to pay for the cruise and the taxes that come with it? How about excursions and tips? Anything else you can apply the credit towards? Thank you!

Piggybacking onto this post. With 125% credit, can you use the credit to pay for the cruise and the taxes that come with it? How about excursions and tips? Anything else you can apply the credit towards? Thank you!

You can use the credit (Future Cruise Credit or FCC) to pay for the entire cost of the upcoming cruise including its taxes and fees. If you have additional money after that, it becomes an onboard credit you can apply to your shipboard charges. (Maybe someday that'll actually happen :-) )

You can use the credit (Future Cruise Credit or FCC) to pay for the entire cost of the upcoming cruise including its taxes and fees. If you have additional money after that, it becomes an onboard credit you can apply to your shipboard charges. (Maybe someday that'll actually happen :-) )
Thanks your quick response! My husband and I were having a disagreement about this and I knew I was right on this one.

As long as we are talking about this.... 🚢

Will a FCC be issued to the people listed on the cruise and can not be changed?

For context, I used my placeholder to purchase a cruise in May before the placeholder expired. I PIF and put my husband on as the second person. This cruise will either be canceled by Disney (2nd Alaska Cruise) or I will move the reservation to a cruise at a later date. If Disney cancels will the FCC be split between my husband and myself and only be used by that person? I was not sure the next cruise would be with my husband or my good friend and wonder if there is the ability to swap.

Thanks! 🥰

As long as we are talking about this.... 🚢

Will a FCC be issued to the people listed on the cruise and can not be changed?

For context, I used my placeholder to purchase a cruise in May before the placeholder expired. I PIF and put my husband on as the second person. This cruise will either be canceled by Disney (2nd Alaska Cruise) or I will move the reservation to a cruise at a later date. If Disney cancels will the FCC be split between my husband and myself and only be used by that person? I was not sure the next cruise would be with my husband or my good friend and wonder if there is the ability to swap.

Thanks! 🥰

As it currently stands, FCC is per person. So, if you and husband are booked on the cancelled cruise, the FCC will be split. You wouldn’t be able to take your husbands FCC and apply it towards yourself or a friend. At least that’s my understanding!!

FCC is by person, so if your husband sits out the next cruise, I would think he could get a refund, which you could, in turn, use to pay for a friend. You'd lose the 25% bonus, though.

I learned something today with my second COVID cancellation, that a subsequent cancellation of a cruise paid for with a FCC results in the restoration of the original FCC. If you reschedule to a more expensive cruise with your FCC, you don't get a larger FCC. The FCC is based on the ORIGINAL fare (minus taxes). In my case, when my March 2020 cruise was cancelled, I received the FCC and a refund of port taxes and fees back to my credit card. I then rescheduled to an April 2021 cruise, where fare + taxes + VPP came within $200 of the FCC. When my agent rescheduled again today, my original FCC was intact, as if I never scheduled the April 2021 cruise. I figured I'd get a refund of the taxes and fees, and my FCC would be reduced. That was not the case.

Because my next attempt at a cruise is this summer and is longer, I'll have a balance due by the PIF day, which I'm fine with for this cruise. I was told that if this cruise gets cancelled, my FCC would be restored to the same amount as it was in March 2020, and that I'd get a refund of any additional money I end up paying for this latest attempt at a cruise. (That's what I wanted, because I didn't want a bigger FCC if summer gets cancelled. My next reschedule option after that is April 2022, and right now, that looks like it'll cost less than any of my other cruises.)

As it currently stands, FCC is per person. So, if you and husband are booked on the cancelled cruise, the FCC will be split. You wouldn’t be able to take your husbands FCC and apply it towards yourself or a friend. At least that’s my understanding!!

Thanks Clojel and Husker Mike! Now to figure out who will most likely go and figure this all out before Disney cancels. I really think it will be my friend. I wonder about having the cabin alone with the single supplement? Then the FCC would all be in my name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter