Are suite doors magnetic?

loricfam

Mouseketeer
We've only cruised once on the Fantasy and my kids decorated our door using magnets. We'll be cruising on the Wonder to Alaska in a one-bedroom suite this July. Are those doors magnetized and can they be decorated? I've read mixed reports. TIA!!

We've only cruised once on the Fantasy and my kids decorated our door using magnets. We'll be cruising on the Wonder to Alaska in a one-bedroom suite this July. Are those doors magnetized and can they be decorated? I've read mixed reports. TIA!!
AFAIK, on the Wonder all the doors are metal and magnets will adhere (as long as there isn't 14 layers of paint on it).

We cruised concierge on the Wonder in April and had no problem with our magnets, which were printed on magnet paper.

The Wonder concierge doors are exactly the same as the other stateroom doors and normal magnets work. I have actually stayed in Wonder suites ( 8030) and had magnets.

Confusion maybe from the newer ships where the doors have a veneer and you need stronger magnets but not on the Wonder.

BTW Magic. Due to heavy painting they are less magnetic and may need stronger magnets.

Can anyone please let me know if the Dream concierge doors are magnetic? I would be using the magnet paper.

Thank you.

Can anyone please let me know if the Dream concierge doors are magnetic? I would be using the magnet paper.

Thank you.
On the Dream the metal doors are covered with a wood veneer. You need stronger magnets than the typical rubber "fridge" type magnets.

Thank you.

To be honest on my 14 nights on the Fantasy ( same as the Dream) no one in concierge had any Magnets up, the area was kept rather nice and neat. I am a cruise magnet fan tried to put mine up with strong magnets first day and they wouldn't stay there on the highly polished veneer.

I would say only light inkjet magnetic paper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter