Are special promotion tickets upgradable to AP? Hotel Discount

Choirmom

Mouseketeer
I purchased the 2 day, get 3 days free tickets awhile ago and booked the 2 bedroom suite at Cabana Bay. We are taking our 2 adult children. This will be the first time for both of them. I noticed the AP discount for Royal Pacific and was able to book two rooms for a little over $100 more for the entire trip. My plan is to upgrade my ticket to the AP upon check-in. I know I need to pay the difference between what I actually paid and the Seasonal AP, which is also a little over $100 more. I think this is worth it because of the Express Pass.

My question before I cancel my Cabana Bay reservation: Is my ticket upgradable since it's a special deal? Is there any reason to stay with the Cabana Bay reservation over Royal Pacific?

We were originally going to do a big Orlando trip including Universal and WDW, but decided to break it up into 2 trips. This gives us more time in each park without needing to take a longer vacation since we all work full-time and getting more than a week off is difficult for some of us.

Thanks in advance and any other tips would be appreciated. We are going Nov 29 - Dec 3. Our son is a huge Harry Potter fan and daughter is huge Grinch fan so hoping the Grinch play will be performed! Also, my b-day falls within our vacation!

Just one.

Note the Seasonal AP will be blocked out of Studios on concert dates (you can still access Islands) - the Sat will most likely be a concert date and Sun if they follow their normal schedule.

Thanks for the info about the seasonal pass blockout. My husband and I went this same time in 2021 and for some reason, were not blocked out during the particular concert that was there. I'll keep an eye on it to see what the situation will be. Still think its probably worth it.

Another question...is there a way to request our rooms be somewhat close together? We don't really need adjoining, but it would be nice to be close.

Grinchmas usually starts mid-November so you should be fine for the show. You can try contacting the resort directly ahead of time about rooms close together. I’m not sure how they do it, I had 2 club level rooms at RPR booked several years ago and they gave us adjoining rooms without my asking.

You definitely want to check on the Concert Weekend dates for Universal Studios and blockout dates.
Mannheim Steamroller has a special friendship with Universal and has performed for many years since they created the music for the Grinch Special . It’s very popular but I will say Universal is amazing at handling those crowds!
Ill avoid that type of situation at Disney but Look forward to Mardi Gras and those holiday concerts at Universal .
Holidays at Universal gets better every year…and you are traveling on my birthday weekend so I will probably be in the crowds with ya!

I think Universal rarely says No to a guest …so you will probably be allowed to upgrade .

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter