Are Souvenir books still available?

WaltDisneyFan5

Earning My Ears
I have a small collection of Souvenir books ....from around 1966, couple in '70's....few from '80's...and couple from 2004, 2006.
They are soft cover...size of book has varied...I cannot remember the cost.
Are they available for purchase in the stores. Sure hope so.

I have not been since 2006...and I am FINALLY PLANNING ON GOING IN
SEPTEMBER THIS YEAR!!!:cool1:

Thanks.

Are you referring to the "souvenir pictorial" books that were usually rectangular and had sections on each land? The covers were usually dark blue. If so, I know exactly what you mean! I used to get one of those books on every Disneyland trip as a child. I loved them. The Jungle Cruise segment/description used the words "African Veldt," which sounded so exotic and intriguing to me as a kid!

Anyway, those books were discontinued for a while (I cannot recall the year, but there was a thread that touched on this subject a few years ago). I recall that in 2007 a special commemorative soft cover book (same rectangular size, but I think it had a gray cover) was sold around Disneyland Resort (but maybe it came out in 2006?). Then it, too, disappeared. I don't think I've seen any books like that since then (though I may be wrong on that), but there should be some sort of reasonable equivalent sold in the parks, I would hope, with an updated overview of each land.

Be sure to stop in the Walt Disney Travel Company office in Downtown Disney and pick up some of their free books on Disneyland Resort, Walt Disney World and the Disney Cruise Line!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter