• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are some of the vocals live in "Beauty and The Beast"

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
Sounds crazy to ask after all these years, and I don't want to sound crazy, but I've watched the move quite a few times and have seen about 2 dozen live performances at WDW, but I always think that some of the vocals at WDW performances are "live", and not part of the actual movie recording.

Anyone know if it's true or if it's all the same from the movie? Thanks.

Sounds crazy to ask after all these years, and I don't want to sound crazy, but I've watched the move quite a few times and have seen about 2 dozen live performances at WDW, but I always think that some of the vocals at WDW performances are "live", and not part of the actual movie recording.

Anyone know if it's true or if it's all the same from the movie? Thanks.
The actors of Belle and Gaston are performing "live" over a recorded background track.
The voices of the other main characters (and the villagers) are pre-recorded.

I always think that some of the vocals at WDW performances are "live", and not part of the actual movie recording.
Some additional information:
In the stage show at DHS, the pre-recorded voices of Beast, Mrs. Potts, Chip, Cogsworth, and Lumiere ARE the actual original actors from the Beauty and the Beast film, however, the voice tracks you hear in the live show are not clips cut from the movie. The on-stage tracks were recorded by those same actors specifically for use in the stage show.

We saw this show on Sunday; SO HAPPY to see live productions again! I've seen BatB probably 3 dozen times, and was a little disappointed to see how small the corps is; there are only 3 women and 3 men in the parts of villagers, castle workers, etc. The choreography in the final ballroom scene has changed also. Couldn't figure out what was going on at first, but then it dawned on me: Covid! The dancers are dancing and singing/lip synching without masks, so of course they are distancing onstage. There are so many things I can't wait to see return to normal, but until then, I'm a happy camper, having seen BatB, live onstage at Disney Studios, again!

We saw this show on Sunday; SO HAPPY to see live productions again! I've seen BatB probably 3 dozen times, and was a little disappointed to see how small the corps is; there are only 3 women and 3 men in the parts of villagers, castle workers, etc. The choreography in the final ballroom scene has changed also. Couldn't figure out what was going on at first, but then it dawned on me: Covid! The dancers are dancing and singing/lip synching without masks, so of course they are distancing onstage. There are so many things I can't wait to see return to normal, but until then, I'm a happy camper, having seen BatB, live onstage at Disney Studios, again!

Yes, I was there on Saturday and it was great to see it again, even with the smaller cast! I thought they did a great job re-doing the choreography to maintain distance between everyone (probably not a full 6', but it looked like at least 4' between everyone at all times). The only bit that really disappointed me with the changes was when Beast gives Belle the book and usually she quickly calls him over to sit beside her so she can read to him - that whole exchange was cut since they can't sit next to each other, so she just looks up at him after reading the book for a moment. It was still cute, but it was sad for them not to have that full moment of connection reading together from the original. That and them not being able to dance together at the end were the two main losses, but everything else seemed to still work pretty well with the new setup. And, of course, since the options are this or nothing, I'm definitely glad they were able to have this version available for us to watch at least!

I think the difference in the recorded track vocals was just a bit more noticeable with the smaller cast when it was definitely recorded with more voices singing than are on stage now. I don't think it was as obvious before with the full cast chorus that the others weren't singing live, but it stands out a little more now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter