Are sandals safe?

I have been wearing sandals (not flip flops as they don't have enough support for me) in the parks for years and have never had a problem. Actually, the only time I have been in the parks and not had sandals on, was running through them during rD races. I'm a CA girl, born and raised, so sandals are a daily occurrence for me.

I walked over 30 miles in 3 days at DLR in my Tevas (strap around the ankle and top of foot but has open toes) and felt fine. I actually trip more in sneakers than in any other type of shoe. I hate my feet being hot, so in the warmer months it is either Tevas or flip flops.

I always wear my Merrells. Had one issue a few years ago - an over zealous stroller pusher clipped my big toe, broke the nail pretty badly. Nothing a few antibacterial bandaids didn’t take care of & a tylenol to help the throbbing. Will never wear closed-toe shoes to the parks!! But, on the other hand, I make my kids wear sneakers. (We all bring flip flops for water rides).

I mostly wear my FitFlops to the parks unless it is really cold or kind of rainy. They are fabulous and have good arch support for a flip flop type of shoe. I have never had problems with them coming off or tripping.

Typically I wear tennis shoes in the parks. But I bring my flip flops with me. Sometimes in the evenings I'll put my flip flops on when we go back to the parks. It gives my feet a bit of a rest from being stuffed in a shoe. I do feel my toes are more exposed to injury, but have not had any issues. I've also brought sandals in the stroller for us to wear on water rides before.

Another FitFlop lover here. They are my go to shoe for the parks (and pretty much everywhere) in summer and I've never had any issues.

I love Chacos. I did have a scooter run into the back of my foot in a horde of people exiting on Main Street at night. It was bleeding and hurt but nothing major. I've also had that happen at Costco with a cart running into me.

our last trip . I stared the parks in my runners.. and halfway through the day I would change into my Merril sandals. love those.. later when the sun went down I would put my runners back on.. my feet and legs did great. and I was pushing my husband in a wheelchair for our approx 10.5 miles each day .

For DL, I prefer shoes, but in WDW I prefer sandals due to the random Florida rain. I'm a guy, so my options are either dorky strapped man sandals, or flip flops. I have a pair of rainbows that have seen a fair bit of use, but since I wanted waterproof (meaning not leather), I ended up finding a pair of really supportive flip flops from a North Face outlet believe it or not. They have good arch support and they seem well constructed. I've now used them for 3 years of Disney World trips and my feet are never sore, and I don't have to worry about wet socks.

I have been wearing sandals (not flip flops as they don't have enough support for me) in the parks for years and have never had a problem. Actually, the only time I have been in the parks and not had sandals on, was running through them during rD races. I'm a CA girl, born and raised, so sandals are a daily occurrence for me.
Yeah I prefer sandals and flip flops overall, but have never done so in the parks. After reading the comments, I think I will for sure bring some next time I am in the parks. Once my feet are tired and need to breathe I'll put them on. I'll just have to watch where I walk, and pay attention if there are strollers and scooters behind me.

I always wear flip flops. My favorites are the cheapie $2 Old Navy ones and havaianas and those run maybe $20. I have never had any issues. The only time my feet hurt are if I wear tennis/running shoes. Go figure.
Ha! Yeah, this weekend while in the parks I found myself taking so many breaks just because my feet were hurting. I have Nikes, and they are very comfy, but I think my feet just need to wiggle and breathe some. Outside of the parks, I prefer sandals so I think my feet are just used to them.

I wore actual sneakers on our first day of our trip -- broken in Skechers Go Walks. I'd seen others complaining about the small toe box, but it hadn't bothered me. End of the first day, I had a blister on the inside of my big toe. Strangest place I've ever had a blister. I ended up wearing my Ohana flip flops the rest of the week with the toe well wrapped in moleskin. I mean, regardless, we were walking 20,000+ steps each day (some days closer to 30K) and my feet were going to hurt, but they were better in the flip flops. I did bring two pair and alternate between them. I wear flip flops pretty much every day from March to October, though, so my feet are most used to them. (I also teach pre-K special ed so I figure my feet are no more in danger in the parks than they are at work. And like someone said.. my own family stepped on them more than anything.)

I always wear sneakers and flip flops at Disney. I'd LOVE to just wear flip flops. Which style of Keens do ya'll like? and Fit flops? There are SOOOO many different ones and I need to order a couple pairs to start breaking them in!

Thanks!

Flip flops or sandals unless it's cool (which is anything below 72 degrees for me). Then I wear tennis shoes.

Worst footwear experience was Dapper Day a few years ago. The cute little patent leather shoes that seemed comfy at home turned into little torture chambers. On our way back through DTD from DLH I began limping badly and was trying to decide between crawling or taking my shoes off when I spotted the Sanuk store. I've never loved any shoe like I loved those lifesaving yoga mat flips. I would have paid double the cost.

I only wear sandals. My feet are not happy in shoes.
Never had a problem. with safety issues

I have feet issues (small toe issues) and found my Teva Verra sandals worked best on our Disneyland trip. They have a strap around the ankle (so don't fall off), are adjustable and waterproof.

Mmmm, nope, in 20+ years going monthly or more to Disneyland I’ve never once injured my feet and all I wear are flip flops unless it is cold and raining. I like Olukai flip flops, they are very supportive and great in water, but you don’t really need to worry about summer rain at DL
Another vote for Olukai. Only wore flip flops my last few trips. No problems.

I usually wear tennis shoes in the morning and bring flip flops - that way I can change if needed :)

I love sandals, from cheap flip flops to hiking sandals. Have never had a mishap at any amusement park anywhere, ever.
Wore mine two weeks ago when I went to see fireworks. No one in the crowds stepped on me! The only minor mishap I had was tripping on the tracks on main street (which I do in tennis shoes anyway lol)...my feet were actually much more comfy than in tennis shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter