Are people still doing Private Mixology Groups?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
I was going to organize one for my April 29 Dream cruise, but then I realized the new rules are in effect. I don't want to foot the bill for the whole thing, but i'm wondering if anyone has figured out a good way to still do mixology and not have to fork out all the money themselves? Are people doing Venmo or Paypal ahead of time, maybe? Or have people just given up on private mixology classes? What's the latest scoop on this?

I’m the Adm for 3 groups and have informed everyone that I have no intentions on creating a Mixology Group because of the new rules, but I did offer to others that if they’d like to get a group started, to feel free. Everyone said no. Hopefully they open up more classes onboard with each passing cruise.

Our cruise group opted out of it. The only day that DCL offered for the private one was a port day and most had excursions booked, not to mention the whole pay up front thing...

I was on a recent cruise where they did a private mixology. People paid up front before the cruise. It's a leap of faith by everyone but sometimes that is the only way to get in sometimes. The sessions fill up fast.

The "open bar" hour is a much better option currently. Our group did this on our Bermuda cruise this past fall.

We are doing the open bar with a group soon, are cocktails included? The list was spirits, wine and beer but did not seem to include or exclude cocktails

We are doing the open bar with a group soon, are cocktails included? The list was spirits, wine and beer but did not seem to include or exclude cocktails

Yes, when you do the open bar event they make cocktails. They just use the level of alcohol quality based on the package you choose. When you first get there, they will have a lot of drinks ready to get you started. They have servers walk the room for orders.

Were doing the open bar and private mixology on your cruise next week. No one had an issue prepaying.

We cruise in two weeks. They assigned us the open bar on our port day with the prepayment but the organizer got enough people prepaying to go ahead and book it. I'm not sure whether mixology got finalized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter