Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not interested in arguing why anyone should or shouldn't like them, I'm only pointing out the high amount of energy put into disliking them by some people.

I just have to assume it makes a lot of these people feel better about themselves or its serving as some kind of distraction.

I think I read these two make close to 500k going on vacations and making videos, so they probably don't care much about the haters.

I like the Trackers. I mostly watch the WDW related vlogs that they put out or a home blog about what is happening at WDW. I would be fine if Tim was the one IN the video and Jen can do the editing.

I also like Nate from Paging MrMorrow. My husband says if we see him in the parks that he is going to buy him a beer. Well, unless it is in MK :)

I like the Trackers. I mostly watch the WDW related vlogs that they put out or a home blog about what is happening at WDW. I would be fine if Tim was the one IN the video and Jen can do the editing.

I also like Nate from Paging MrMorrow. My husband says if we see him in the parks that he is going to buy him a beer. Well, unless it is in MK :)

He'd gladly accept it, too. And.....can't you get beer in MK?

I find it most interesting that the only thread on these boards you participate in is this one......:rolleyes1

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at?

I found the DIS Boards in September of 2020, found this thread that interested me, and created an account. I made a few comments offering my opinion. As aforementioned, I was called "cra-cra" by one person and accused of creating a duplicate account to agree with myself.

When I disclosed my own personal situation with infertility, in relation to Jenn's story, there was someone who would repeatedly mark my comments with the laughing face emoji. I even said in my comments that maybe I shouldn't have joined this forum.

So, why would I stick around?

Then, I received a notice in my inbox from a few days ago that a new reply was made to this thread on the Tracker thread and today, going through my emails I saw it, got curious, read up to the present, and decided today to make another comment as I had been checking back in here or there with Tracker vlogs because I wanted to see the HHN updates and stuff Tim would always do.

Since September of 2020, I've only commented 9 times. This is the 10th.

The thing is, if what they did was inexcusable and told their fans not to make excuses, why did Jenn basically tell people to email the companies about getting their status back? She also referred to "three unwell" people who apparently have a bunch of burner accounts to email the companies. I don't think it's three people who caused these industry giants to pull media credentials, and how did it now turn to "jealous vloggers" who did it? The rumors that people start are just weird about all of this and the Trackers, IMHO, didn't help themselves by bringing it up again. Jenn even said they're doing fine without it. So..?? It's mostly a family channel these days anyways with showing home vlogs and stuff. I don't buy the "this is their job" line either; they may have chosen to do this but no company is required to provide a vlogger with never-ending freebies if they choose not to.

You do post contradictory opinions but they are your opinions. Not everyone likes everyone. From my experience, you have to have thick skin when it comes to these boards and don't reply to people after drinking wine-yea don't do that.

They have a nanny/sitter coming with them to the parks to look after and feed their child while they sit right next to him? In addition to their weekly, very expensive staycations and eating out for every meal, they have easily become the most unrelatable Disney vloggers out there now.

I don't know where you heard that about a nanny. When they bring the baby you clearly see one of them talks while the other takes Jackson away. EVEN if they do bring a nanny, its their business, they are working.
I see many, many vlogger's eating Disney food when they film, its called a food review.
I relate to them very well, when I vacation, along with many others eat out for every meal.
People want to see the food offerings at Disney, ALL vloggers eat out and review the food, it's part of the video, geesh.

The Trackers dug their own graves on this. And honestly, their content is really bad now. Why would Disney want to use them for anything? Why give them a free room stay or special insider opportunities? So Tim can go around showing us the USB ports, while going back and forth showing us baby's every fart? They are NOT good vloggers in the sense of showing someone something RELATABLE and selling the product. If you find them informative in anyway related to Disney or Universal, you really need to branch out to the other multitude of vloggers.

They are entertaining though! They are super nice people (met them four times now, including yesterday), the baby is a doll! J was so personable yesterday, chatting and smiling, waving, thumbs up. I have great pictures of him. But are they a channel that deserves handouts from two major corporations....NO!!!! They will be JUST FINE without being on a list.

They are doing fine with or without freebies.
Jackson is so cute.
I'm glad you said how nice they are, there are trolls here saying that Jenn is not a nice person and is mean to CM's..... they pulled that theory out of their butts.

They have a nanny/sitter coming with them to the parks to look after and feed their child while they sit right next to him?
Why is this an issue? I did exactly this and for many years part of the nanny’s job was to accompany us on holiday and work. I suspect it is more common than you think.

You are really talking about being bullied, when you joined here to talk smack about the Trackers? Thats pretty funny.

You're basically proving my point why I haven't contributed more to either this thread (which I thought was titled "Are People Not Fans of Tim Tracker" ...?) or any other threads on here.

Offering an opinion in relation to the subject matter of a thread title's is not equal to bullying another poster off a forum.

I regret initially piggybacking off your post with my comment. I should have just created a new comment because for whatever reason, you're now obsessed with me and not the others who either liked my post or commented similarly. I should have never taken the bait in responding to you either. Oh well, lessons learned, I guess.

Why are people so emotionally involved with a couple they don’t know. Does anyone actually personally know this much maligned couple?
Prize for the unkindest thread on the forum surely should be awarded to this one.
100% agree with you.

I last came on this thread in September of 2020 to express my opinion and join the conversation and was called "cra-cra" (someone else's words, not mine) for offering a different take on the matter of the Trackers (as I had been a long-time viewer) and since I held a similar opinion of another poster, was also basically accused of creating a duplicate account to agree with myself. :rolleyes2

I believe it's too simplistic to say that everyone who offers a possibly negative viewpoint of two very prominent vloggers must have something wrong with them or, in Jenn's words, are "unwell."

These types of discussion boards are, by their very nature, inviting of people to discuss things. It's just human nature.
And if one puts oneself out there on the internet and seems to create a lot of drama at times by their own doing (any older viewers know about Jenn's twitter dramas), it's going to create very intense feelings on both sides of an argument.
This exactly! The Trackers decided a long time ago to literally put every part of their lives, including parts we should not know, out for the entire world to see. Jenn herself is a bit unwell IMO. She is nearly 40 and can't/won't drive. That is something she really needs help for. For her anxiety to be that bad, she needs to seek help. It's not good for her child either if she has it at such a level that she can't function in society.

Why are people so emotionally involved with a couple they don’t know. Does anyone actually personally know this much maligned couple?
Same as why people are interested in any kind of reality tv. It is a form of entertainment. Because people put so much of themselves online, you create the illusion your audience knows you. Personal connections can help increase your popularity.

Prize for the unkindest thread on the forum surely should be awarded to this one.
Not even sure which side you are talking about, but it goes both ways for sure. I fear more for the ones that love them so much. To see people literally shaking and crying over them is just off the charts to me. The ones that come to their defense so quickly and get butthurt over anything negative really need to check themselves. The Trackers are not your friends, and don't care one bit about you. Same goes for those that over analyze every word they say and turn it into something malicious. The recent thing was them having a babysitter that comes to the parks with them. WHO cares!?!? They are fun to discuss though and they provide us with a lot of material. If they don't like the bad stuff, learn from it and stop posting that kind of stuff.

I believe it's too simplistic to say that everyone who offers a possibly negative viewpoint of two very prominent vloggers must have something wrong with them or, in Jenn's words, are "unwell."
I don’t think anyone has made that argument towards everyone that says something negative.

There is a small group of people who have taken things very far regarding their dislike of the Trackers. We are talking about finding real names, posting home address, criticizing every aspect of their lives (including things that didn't actually happen), etc. while watching every move the Trackers make for more ammo. Those are the type of people that are being criticized as having something wrong with them.

I don't know where you heard that about a nanny. When they bring the baby you clearly see one of them talks while the other takes Jackson away. EVEN if they do bring a nanny, its their business, they are working.
I see many, many vlogger's eating Disney food when they film, its called a food review.
I relate to them very well, when I vacation, along with many others eat out for every meal.
People want to see the food offerings at Disney, ALL vloggers eat out and review the food, it's part of the video, geesh.
Oh you must not pay close enough attention to their vlogs. Yes, they recently got a nanny/sitter to mind and feed Jackson in the parks while they are there with him. I don't know of any other abled body parents that do that while in the theme parks with their child. They say they are a travel channel so I want to see what the parks, food offerings and what navigating the parks is like to an average person like me who doesn't have a sitter with to watch my kids. They can eat all they want as can I but I don't have a sitter cutting my child's food while I'm eating. Just saying they aren't relatable to the average parents nor are they presenting the realistic Disney experience.

Why is this an issue? I did exactly this and for many years part of the nanny’s job was to accompany us on holiday and work. I suspect it is more common than you think.
There is something off when you go to a theme park and you need to have someone else mind your children during dinner because you can't be bothered. It's different than bringing a nanny/sitter because you want alone adult time. Why even bring your children to a theme park if someone else will be making the memories with them?

This is not just a Disney thing, it pretty much mirrors most social media these days. No matter what side of issue/discussion you're on, or what fandom you support, there's so much more 'mean girl' activity.

Most of this is trolls who find some kind of pleasure in 'taking down' someone else and fake accounts from other vologgers who want to discredit someone else's success. And yes this is an example of why the Disboard's reputation is not what it was. I've been on it for over a decade and it used to be a lot more friendly and postitve, and most vloggers/bloggers other Disney fans I've talked to, won't come here. I used to recommend it overall, but now I direct people to certain threads and tell them to ignore the rest. I also got caught in the fact that I hadn't been on these threads but it kept popping up in my notifications.

I've cut down the amount of fandom sites I follow including the Disney boards/vlogs I watch. I tend to be really selective.

Funny enough the two vloggers who get mentioned the most as "don't watch Tim, watch ......" are two that I dislike and don't watch, so I tend to ignore most of the recommendations from these type of threads.

Honestly The Trackers are so not the worse thing on the internet, Disney centric or not, that the Mods should have just shut this down back in 2019. It's really just a sanctioned bully/gossip/hate thread now.

And now that I've said my piece it's time to go check what other threads I didn't know I was still watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter