Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to be able to go on rides, or dine in a restaurant, or even stand in line without someone recording and loudly narrating. Young people think Disney will start comping them if they do it enough. Disney needs to stop encouraging that quite so much.

I also think recording on dark rides and TS restaurants should be banned.

As I said, YMMV

And ban flash photos on dark rides, kids up on shoulders, flashing necklaces/ears, bubble wands, holding up ipads during fireworks...

And ban flash photos on dark rides, kids up on shoulders, flashing necklaces/ears, bubble wands, holding up ipads during fireworks...

I know you're being facetious with your comment, but we all know that flash photography is already incredibly and universally frowned upon in dark rides even though it happens from time to time (accidentally, I hope).

That being said, I agree with @CBMom01's other comments. We all survived back when no one filmed every second of a ride while loudly narrating it (potentially ruining it for a first time rider; example - the stretching room of HM); we also all survived when no one filmed every second of their dinner - getting people in the frame who didn't want to be filmed - and loudly going over every detail of their meal - with multiple takes. As a former cast member myself, I feel there are way too many vloggers on property these days - it's an oversaturated market.

I’d like to be able to go on rides, or dine in a restaurant, or even stand in line without someone recording and loudly narrating. Young people think Disney will start comping them if they do it enough. Disney needs to stop encouraging that quite so much.

I also think recording on dark rides and TS restaurants should be banned.

As I said, YMMV
How often has this happened to you?

I know you're being facetious with your comment, but we all know that flash photography is already incredibly and universally frowned upon in dark rides even though it happens from time to time (accidentally, I hope).

That being said, I agree with @CBMom01's other comments. We all survived back when no one filmed every second of a ride while loudly narrating it (potentially ruining it for a first time rider; example - the stretching room of HM); we also all survived when no one filmed every second of their dinner - getting people in the frame who didn't want to be filmed - and loudly going over every detail of their meal - with multiple takes. As a former cast member myself, I feel there are way too many vloggers on property these days - it's an oversaturated market.

Flash photos on dark rides actually cause me physical pain and temporary blindness due an odd photosensitivity. But it's a theme park open to the public and I expect it is going to happen, and while it is painful and inconvenient, I just deal with it. The other complaints are just getoffmylawnism.

Flash photos on dark rides actually cause me physical pain and temporary blindness due an odd photosensitivity. But it's a theme park open to the public and I expect it is going to happen, and while it is painful and inconvenient, I just deal with it. The other complaints are just getoffmylawnism.

We're simply discussing things that we wish would be curtailed in the parks - many of which are regularly done by vloggers and have gotten a bit out of control. It's doubtful any change will happen any time soon but it's nice to have a place to voice one's opinion.

We were just there last week and in the 8 days we were there, I didn't encounter one vlogger. The ones I watch are also careful to not do most of the things that have been listed like talk through a ride, etc.

His road trip video series that he did this past year with his dad is really wonderful. They did a father-son road trip to all of the places that his dad had lived. There were so many wonderful father-son moments in those videos...all completely natural & unscripted. Nothing comped or promoted. The video where they visited the Field of Dreams baseball field and they're throwing the baseball between each other is really great.

I loved that series also! Seeing him with his dad and hearing all the stories was really wonderful.

Last trip, most rides
Frankly, I don't believe that.
We were just at Vero and we saw three separate bloggers over a 3 day period. Disney’s Vero isn’t a big place. They are loud and disruptive— and self-consumed.
Seeing three separate vloggers over a 3 day period I believe. The post I replied to made it sound like it happened on every ride/line/restaurant. Unless you're vacationing with a vlogger, I don't see how that happens.

To be fair, if they had a phone or camera up on a ride or in a restaurant and yammering away narrating I assumed vlogger or aspiring vlogger.

People should keep the talking to a minimum on rides, in a restaurant I don't mind talking but just keep in mind your surroundings. I think I would get annoyed if someone was narrating their whole dinner but a quick video is fine. The flash is more annoying to me.

I enjoyed Lou Mangiello's (WDW Radio) live video yesterday of Space 220. He walked around the restaurant (it was media day) and then he sat down with Carolina (I can't ever remember her last name) and they were respectful of one another as they talked about the menus, the scenery, their meals (that they shared so they could taste more of the menu options.) Lou was very inobtrusive to the rest of the guests, even though they were vloggers/media.

He talked about the plates, but that's because they looked like the moon. They were cool. However, I also don't mind the vloggers pointing out when something is plated especially well based on the plate chosen.

I won't be to WDW for a while, so getting to experience the restaurant through him was something that I appreciate.

I understand but when does a comp become in some way a bribe? I know a lot of the You Tubers and vloggers get them but I like the Dis bc they do not play that game. A while back Pete had said he was not going to do restaurant reviews anymore because they were too recognizable. The way to stop a review is to comp (apparently, Maria and Enzo did not know this lol....if you have seen that review). I get it, but now anytime Tim does a review I am always suspicious and so there goes the trust and the reason to watch his vlog. I also feel like when he is reviewing something un-comped, he is "auditioning" for a comp. He is not the only one but he is the most visible.

I always thought the Trackers did a nice job mentioning when something was comped. Have they stopped being transparent about that?

This makes me laugh because the people who own this website do this for a living (dining reviews at the table). I'd love to be there when they do it. I'd get a kick out of it.

As a former cast member myself, I feel there are way too many vloggers on property these days - it's an oversaturated market.

I don't see why it matters as long as it doesn't affect others. I'm happy to let them make their videos and think their big break is coming. It's just the newest celebrity mirage, equivalent to the middle aged folks living in their parents' basement in LA showing up for every audition and casting call hoping for that big break that will never come.

With that being said, I certainly do see an awful lot of Canon G7X mark 2s, GoPros, Dji Pockets, and gimbals these days when I'm in the parks. I'm amazed at the amount of money people invest in this stuff considering almost all of us have a HD camera with some level of stabilization in our pockets already in the form of a smartphone. If I were to start posting content, I'd certainly start with my phone and see how that went first. This is especially true for big shows like the fireworks; the sea of all the different video recording devices and apparatuses capturing every minute of every single showing of HEA never ceases to amaze me. (If only there were literally thousands of videos of it already on the internet... :rolleyes: )

I'm going for the 1st and I know it will be infested with bloggers and vloggers. Hopefully most will be at MK but there will be some where I am at Epcot. It's par for the course these days, some of them are making a living.

If Disney sees fit to revoke someone's media credentials, I'll assume they have a reason to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter