• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are people always like this? - A Solo Adventure Spring Break 2018 (Completed 5/20/18)

I love your face (and hands) in the Dinosaur ride picture!

Don't get me started on parents. I see it a lot at Disney, but I see it around NY too. I'm pretty sure some parents forget they have kids once they get a phone. Whether they're playing games or texting or on the phone ... I don't understand why they can't at least make sure their kid isn't doing something that could injure themselves or the people around them or damage someone else's property. Grr.
(On the flip side, I often see parents who are constantly watching to make sure their kid is behaving, even if they're on the phone, and stop the kid if they start doing something they shouldn't do. So not all parents are the worst. But some of them really need to learn to supervise their kids.)
Thanks!

Yeah this guy paid no attention whatsoever to his kid.

Can’t wait until my daughter is old enough to leave early AM! Food for you.

Satulli Canteen looks really good. It’s on my must do for June 2018. That dessert looks wonderful too.

Is that annual pass holder slider something that came with your wristband? Really want one, and hoping not to buy it. I still haven’t gotten one.

As usual, great report.

Can’t wait until my daughter is old enough to leave early AM! Food for you.

Satulli Canteen looks really good. It’s on my must do for June 2018. That dessert looks wonderful too.

Is that annual pass holder slider something that came with your wristband? Really want one, and hoping not to buy it. I still haven’t gotten one.

As usual, great report.

Definitely try Satuli!

My AP slider came with my AP band. I know sometimes if you ask at guest relations they have them.

Following. Love your report. A solo trip sounds amazing!

Thanks!

WooHoo another rteez report! I too always like to begin my tirps at AK now! I tried mobile order for the first time back in January and found it remarkably fast at Harambe.

WooHoo another rteez report! I too always like to begin my tirps at AK now! I tried mobile order for the first time back in January and found it remarkably fast at Harambe.
This was the only time I ended up using mobile ordering. I am someone who weirdly prefers cash so mobile ordering doesn't work for that. I liked the process just thought it was a little slow at Satuli.

Happy Easter! I'm catching up on your trip. We've never been, so I'm loving all your pics of AK. Im putting that cheesecake on my list of things to try when we visit in July!

Happy Easter! I'm catching up on your trip. We've never been, so I'm loving all your pics of AK. Im putting that cheesecake on my list of things to try when we visit in July!
Thanks! AK is my favorite! You’ll have a blast in July.

From what I've seen, 75-90 minute wait for FOP isn't bad at all! Did you end up feeling like the TP app was worth it?

I have noticed in the past few years that other guests have gotten more inconsiderate in the parks. As a parent, it's especially tough to deal with, because my kids don't understand why I tell them not to climb on anything, get in people's personal space, etc when next to them five other kids are doing the very same thing with no repercussions.
Just something we have to learn to deal with when going to Disney...

From what I've seen, 75-90 minute wait for FOP isn't bad at all! Did you end up feeling like the TP app was worth it?

I have noticed in the past few years that other guests have gotten more inconsiderate in the parks. As a parent, it's especially tough to deal with, because my kids don't understand why I tell them not to climb on anything, get in people's personal space, etc when next to them five other kids are doing the very same thing with no repercussions.
Just something we have to learn to deal with when going to Disney...
That’s why I decided to wait standby. I’ll discuss the TP app more overall later but I liked it.

I don’t mind kids having a little fun. This kid was nearly destroying plants though.

Just something we have to learn to deal with when going to Disney...[/QUOTE

It is not just at Disney that I deal with people who actually that way.

Flight of Passage 3 time in a row!

So continuing with my standby test of Flight of Passage I finally made it inside the queue. With that said I had a weird encounter once we got inside. So as many of you know they are now giving out warning cards for Flight of Passage. A CM was collecting them just inside. Since I was never given one she handed me one. I said I have been on this ride several times and know how it operates. She said it doesn't matter you need to read it right her in front of me. I was taken back by that. The climber kid and father in front of me who was given a card had verify they read it as well. This CM was very adamant about reading this card. I pretended to skim the card and moved on.

Anyways...

IMG_3083JPG.jpg

IMG_3084JPG.jpg

Once inside this area the line seemed to stop moving which prolonged the wait.

IMG_3087JPG.jpg

One of my favorite aspects of this queue!

IMG_3090JPG.jpg

IMG_3093JPG.jpg

IMG_3097JPG.jpg

Once at the ramps I saw maintenance leaving with cleaning supplies so its possible the hold up earlier was someone having an upset stomach...

IMG_3098JPG.jpg

I was headed into the pre-show at 90 minutes. So the posted wait time was correct and the TP app was not when I entered the queue. The hold up could have made it go faster though.

They also changed the arms on the glasses for FoP. They are now more fitting for everyone so they don't fall off. The front of the glasses/lenses is exactly the same.

IMG_3104JPG.jpg

Ride #1 done! So I had a FP+ for my next ride.

I was given a card this time around ;) (Did I read it? No...)

IMG_3106JPG.jpg

IMG_3107JPG.jpg

Continued in Next Post...

Flight of Passage 3 time in a row!

Ride #2 was done in no time. The CM at the FP touchpoint collected the card and did not ask if I read it.

After that I used another FP+ and rode a third time! No pictures from that go around. Three times in a row is pretty incredible. I found the 3 is probably the limit because at 3 I started to feel the motion in a negative way. I wasn't motion sick but I probably would be if I did it 4 times.

I walked around the land a little bit...

IMG_3108JPG.jpg

IMG_3109JPG.jpg

IMG_3110JPG.jpg

IMG_3111JPG.jpg

And then headed out and checked out the Tree of Life Awakenings!

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3125.jpg

I decided to grab a bite to eat. I got a pulled pork sandwich from Flame Tree BBQ.

IMG_3129JPG.jpg

In all honesty it was as good as it looks. It was okay but nothing special. I don't know if I would get it again. The beans were kind of weird. Then there was this little girl who was watching a video with the most annoying song every and it was on repeat so about 20 times in a row I listened to this song blaring at a table next to me while her grandparents all smiled and laughed at her............. I understand she probably needed to be occupied but the volume could have been lower.

After this I headed to grab some popcorn in Dinoland...

Up Next: I can't eat my pizza in my room...

Tree of Life awakens is very underrated in my opinion. I always try and watch one of the segments when I’m at AK. I haven’t ate at Flame Tree in a while ever since Pandora opened up. The pulled pork sandwich looked decent but the beans looked a little off.

Tree of Life awakens is very underrated in my opinion. I always try and watch one of the segments when I’m at AK. I haven’t ate at Flame Tree in a while ever since Pandora opened up. The pulled pork sandwich looked decent but the beans looked a little off.
The awakenings are definitely underrated. I would agree with that. The sandwich was fine and the beans were off.

If there was one place that I have not been in AK, that place is Flame Tree Barbecue. After moving to a location where people live and breathe barbecue, it is hard to eat it anywhere else in the country. So, I was very interested to hear your take on the barbecue there.

That's awesome that you got to go 3 times in a row on FoP. The most I have ever done in a row is twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter