• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are DVC and Annual Pass Discounts the Same?

Yensid67

Mouseketeer
I’m both a dvc blue card member and an annual pass holder. Are the dining and merchandise discounts the same for both?

I’m both a dvc blue card member and an annual pass holder. Are the dining and merchandise discounts the same for both?
Some restaurants don't offer AP discounts. La Hacienda comes to mind. They take DVC but not AP. Space 220 gives a better discount for DVC right now. There are probably a lot more but those are two that I can think of offhand.

Some restaurants don't offer AP discounts. La Hacienda comes to mind. They take DVC but not AP. Space 220 gives a better discount for DVC right now. There are probably a lot more but those are two that I can think of offhand.
Thanks so much for the information.

There are places were DVC is better. I know we get it at Joffrey kiosks. Toppolinos only take DVC. Via Napoli was better for DVC, and we bought things at Basin that gave us a bigger discount for DVC.

Those are just the ones I know of off hand,

There are places were DVC is better. I know we get it at Joffrey kiosks. Toppolinos only take DVC. Via Napoli was better for DVC, and we bought things at Basin that gave us a bigger discount for DVC.

Those are just the ones I know of off hand,
Thanks … we have Toppolino’s coming up…I will remember that. So far the ones we have eaten at have taken both.

At Disneyland, DVC discounts generally match those of the lowest tier of Annual Pass (aka Magic Key in DLR lingo). However -- some non-Disney restaurants, such as Brennen's in Downtown Disney, continue to offer a discount for DVC even if they no longer any discount for AP (Magic Key).

I was looking at the menu at Flying Fish last night and presently only AP and Disney Visa are the listed discounts, none for DVC.

Toppolinos only take DVC.
Thanks … we have Toppolino’s coming up…I will remember that. So far the ones we have eaten at have taken both.

Topolinos took my AP discount last week, and the AP website confirms they offer 10%: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/ which is the same as DVC.

Space 220 did offer a higher DVC discount, and said because they aren't run by Disney, they can make their own rules, so I assume Via Napoli (also run by Patina...) is the same, as someone else in this thread said.

Topolinos took my AP discount last week, and the AP website confirms they offer 10%: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/passholder-program/passholder-benefits-and-discounts/ which is the same as DVC.

Space 220 did offer a higher DVC discount, and said because they aren't run by Disney, they can make their own rules, so I assume Via Napoli (also run by Patina...) is the same, as someone else in this thread said.

Good to know! The CM at the resort mentioned it to me when we were discussing things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter