Are Disney Parks gonna start charging people money to meet characters and make them for Chase Card holders only?

Highly doubt it, especially for us internationals. Why make things exclusive to those when there's always going to be people who don't or cannot get a Chase card?
I'm no expert, but I think Chase sponsors things like Food and Wine and they have perks for cardmembers, so the relationship is reciprocal. Disney gets money from Chase and Chase helps bring people and their dollars to Disney. Chase gets big family vacations put on their credit cards. Part of that means little perks for cardholders that others cannot get. I'm sure there are other perks like Tables in Wonderland and season passholders that are exclusive to certain qualifying groups of people and not others.

Disney charging extra for things that were once included in a vacation package is certainly a possibility. They did it with parking and then Magical Express. I have no idea if any of this is true or will actually happen, but Disney is all about making money and the cold, hard truth about it is, if people keep coming and keep paying what Disney is asking, they will continue to do what they are doing; slicing and dicing your vacation package and charging for every little piece.

We can complain all we want, but if we keep going and giving Disney our vacation dollars, why would they change their tactics? They will change their tactics if they do something that costs them money and drives people away. That has apparently not happened yet.

If they were to bill it as a snack experience (but not exclusive to Chase) - "Cocoa with Coco" and have it in a highly themed, air-conditioned location where you could sit down for 10 minutes - I think it could work. You could get some really scampi photos - much better than those outside. I'd pay $25 a person. Popcorn Shrimp with Pocahontas? Fish sticks with Flounder? Crab dip with Cruella? Salmon Mousse with Snow White? Crab Wantons with Winnie the Pooh?
How about Scampi with Bambi? Bagels with Big Al! I’m all in on this idea!!

If they were to bill it as a snack experience (but not exclusive to Chase) - "Cocoa with Coco" and have it in a highly themed, air-conditioned location where you could sit down for 10 minutes - I think it could work. You could get some really scampi photos - much better than those outside. I'd pay $25 a person. Popcorn Shrimp with Pocahontas? Fish sticks with Flounder? Crab dip with Cruella? Salmon Mousse with Snow White? Crab Wantons with Winnie the Pooh?

incredible idea and cleverly themed.
But I doubt they’d do that. 1 in 10 have food allergies and the vegans/vegetarian/religious accommodations are already hard for Disney to handle.
adding more exclusive food options would mean finding more allergy friendly options that cover top 8 plus vegan all in one bang and that alone is 10 bucks a person.

I could see them raising pricing on the desert parties and including a one character photo op.

Wantons with Winnie! I like the way you think! Where do I sign?

How about Scampi with Bambi? Bagels with Big Al! I’m all in on this idea!!

All great ideas! The bagels though, would they be full size or miniature? For $25 (in Disney dollars) my guess would be the smaller size, mini bagels. Not a full plate, more like an app. I also wonder if this sort of new bagel app would come with or without lox? I love lox for breakfast....but only for breakfast. Maybe that would be asking too much.

incredible idea and cleverly themed.
But I doubt they’d do that. 1 in 10 have food allergies and the vegans/vegetarian/religious accommodations are already hard for Disney to handle.....

Good point. Maybe it wouldn’t be for everyone, but I’d bet if anyone could make it work, it would be the creative chefs that are always cooking up new ideas in Disney kitchens.

All great ideas! The bagels though, would they be full size or miniature? For $25 (in Disney dollars) my guess would be the smaller size, mini bagels. Not a full plate, more like an app. I also wonder if this sort of new bagel app would come with or without lox? I love lox for breakfast....but only for breakfast. Maybe that would be asking too much.
Well it would have to be Lox with the Fox (as in the Fox from the Fox and the Hound).

Would Pretzel with Rapunzel work...close enough to a rhyme?? She is my fave princess so I would pay money to hang out with her for sure!!

This is supposed to be a family friendly board.
Hmmm? Not sure what you mean.
All the members of my ‘family’ are big Winnie the Pooh fans. Hopefully any and all future M&Gs would be kid-friendly. I know Club Villain at HS used to be staged as a M&G in a night club setting, but kids were permitted there.

I've heard some clarification on this rumor, it's only if you have the black/platinum membership. Regular chase disney card holders will not be part of character meets.

As hilarious as this thread is, it’s really not much of a leap that character photos could soon be only (or mostly only, maybe) available as paid experiences. Maleficient hasn’t been able to be met outside of paid events for many years now (and yes, I AM still bitter thankyouverymuch—we had tix to the Halloween party before they created the party-within-a-party and lost our last chance to meet her for free). I mean, there are already many opportunities at character meals, some of the dessert parties, the party-within-parties, etc. If they just remove a few free ones at a time.......just saying, it’s not that big of a leap.

But yeah, as another poster said, let’s not overestimate the Chase perks.They might still get the one free shot, but they’re (we’re) certainly not getting some huge advantage/perk anywhere.

Now sign me up for those Dole Whips with Darth Vader!!!

I wanted to write this rumor off right away but then started thinking about the Genie and paid fast passes. I can see Genie giving options like this for different categories. Want to bypass the line for characters? Wish granted...for $150.

My mom was telling me that Disney Parks are gonna charge people money to meet characters and charge people for character photos once character meet and greets return to normal and my mom also told me that the characters are gonna be for Chase cardholders only and I want to know if you heard about this? The going price to meet characters for a photo will be $95 to $116. I find it surprising that Disney Parks will do this because for as long as I can remember before the pandemic began the character meet and greets were always free with park admission and now ever since Disney teamed up with Chase it seems that the Chase cardholders get all the good stuff at Disney Parks and I can't figure out why Disney did this and they should let all the people attend the character meet and greets for free. Also another thing my mom told me is that the parks have a list of the characters only for Chase cardholders. Among the characters listed are Star Lord and Joy and Sadness from Inside Out. To me it seems shocking that Disney Parks will start doing this once the parks resume meet and greets with characters and it's not fair that some characters are for Chase cardholders only and Disney Parks should at least give non Chase card members a chance to not be left out
What I think Disney Parks will do once the character meet and greets resume to normal is have two lines and the first line will be for non-Chase cardholders and the second line will be for Chase cardholders and if Disney Parks uses this system people would be able to pay the cast member up front wait their turn and when it's their turn the cast member can take their picture with the character. I also think that Disney Parks are gonna treat the meet and greets like Santa Claus or Easter Bunny photos you can get at your mall. But what could be a better idea and would work miracles for Chase Cardholders is an special meet and greet during children's birthdays called Character Birthday Surprise and how it would work is that when you visit the park you tell the cast member that it's your child's birthday and you tell the cast member what character your child really likes and then they will summon the character to appear during your child's birthday dinner and then once the dinner is finished your child will be summoned to a private one-on-one meet and greet with that character along with a keepsake photo and a personal autographed birthday card included and the going price would be anywhere from $40 to $50 and believe me this idea would save people a lot of money if they have a Chase card if they take their children to Disney Parks during their birthdays

Do you or your mom work for Chase or something?

I think your mom has a big imagination, or read this information from someone else who does.

We don’t even know when meet & greets will return or if they will ever be the same as pre-covid.

There is no way Chase & Disney have negotiated a premium character meet & greet deal (with things like specific Chase lines for each character 🤣) when the future of meet & greets is still very murky to begin with.

There will not be close interactions with characters until transmission is nearly non existent. Traditional meet & greets will be among the last things to return, if they ever can.

Also, they wouldn’t charge that much. It makes no sense. They don’t charge that much for a character meal where you meet 4-5 characters and get a meal too! The proposed pricing you mentioned is absolute nonsense.

I heard (you know rumor) there are a few new high cost classes coming for only Chase holders at a new festival in Epcot between art and flower and garden, I believe it was called Festival of Finance. For a price you to can sit down and enjoy any or all if you so choose.

How to legally pick........no take.......... no separate ya separate a marks, no a sucker no a GUEST from their money.

How to provide less yet charge more and make the "Guest" feel happy about it.

How to properly float and swim with Mickey and pals in Uncle scrooges, I mean Disney's money bin. With the optional up charge to actually put your knowledge learned in class into use in a actual gold coin filled pool and all the characters. This is the ultimate Disney and pals meet and greet.

How to increasingly make different classes of guest and guest experiences while preaching financial equality as a company. This is a prerequisite to the Masters class, How to use increasingly use technology to get the guests to do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it and for the price you want them to pay all while they smile and thank you for the opportunity.

Capstone class: How to form a army of "Guests" that will defend "The Company" no matter what choices "The Company" makes.

I heard (you know rumor) there are a few new high cost classes coming for only Chase holders at a new festival in Epcot between art and flower and garden, I believe it was called Festival of Finance. For a price you to can sit down and enjoy any or all if you so choose.

How to legally pick........no take.......... no separate ya separate a marks, no a sucker no a GUEST from their money.

How to provide less yet charge more and make the "Guest" feel happy about it.

How to properly float and swim with Mickey and pals in Uncle scrooges, I mean Disney's money bin. With the optional up charge to actually put your knowledge learned in class into use in a actual gold coin filled pool and all the characters. This is the ultimate Disney and pals meet and greet.

How to increasingly make different classes of guest and guest experiences while preaching financial equality as a company. This is a prerequisite to the Masters class, How to use increasingly use technology to get the guests to do what you want them to do, when you want them to do it and for the price you want them to pay all while they smile and thank you for the opportunity.

Capstone class: How to form a army of "Guests" that will defend "The Company" no matter what choices "The Company" makes.
I know this is a joke but uhhh... if Disney truly did a Festival of Finance with Chase as a sponsor, I got a whole thread full of CC people who’d probably be there!! 😂 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter