Are Disney Parks gonna start charging people money to meet characters and make them for Chase Card holders only?

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
My mom was telling me that Disney Parks are gonna charge people money to meet characters and charge people for character photos once character meet and greets return to normal and my mom also told me that the characters are gonna be for Chase cardholders only and I want to know if you heard about this? The going price to meet characters for a photo will be $95 to $116. I find it surprising that Disney Parks will do this because for as long as I can remember before the pandemic began the character meet and greets were always free with park admission and now ever since Disney teamed up with Chase it seems that the Chase cardholders get all the good stuff at Disney Parks and I can't figure out why Disney did this and they should let all the people attend the character meet and greets for free. Also another thing my mom told me is that the parks have a list of the characters only for Chase cardholders. Among the characters listed are Star Lord and Joy and Sadness from Inside Out. To me it seems shocking that Disney Parks will start doing this once the parks resume meet and greets with characters and it's not fair that some characters are for Chase cardholders only and Disney Parks should at least give non Chase card members a chance to not be left out

sigh, go and Google search... anything that starts with "my mom says" or "I saw on Facebook" should be taken with a grain of salt. Get your info from reputable sources, like Disney website, or Chase website or Disney Visa website or proper mainstream media like CNN or ABC or Orlando Sentential or LA Times

sigh, go and Google search... anything that starts with "my mom says" or "I saw on Facebook" should be taken with a grain of salt. Get your info from reputable sources, like Disney website, or Chase website or Disney Visa website or proper mainstream media like CNN or ABC or Orlando Sentential or LA Times
Main stream media needs to be taken with a grain of salt also.

My mom was telling me that Disney Parks are gonna charge people money to meet characters and charge people for character photos once character meet and greets return to normal and my mom also told me that the characters are gonna be for Chase cardholders only and I want to know if you heard about this? The going price to meet characters for a photo will be $95 to $116. I find it surprising that Disney Parks will do this because for as long as I can remember before the pandemic began the character meet and greets were always free with park admission and now ever since Disney teamed up with Chase it seems that the Chase cardholders get all the good stuff at Disney Parks and I can't figure out why Disney did this and they should let all the people attend the character meet and greets for free. Also another thing my mom told me is that the parks have a list of the characters only for Chase cardholders. Among the characters listed are Star Lord and Joy and Sadness from Inside Out. To me it seems shocking that Disney Parks will start doing this once the parks resume meet and greets with characters and it's not fair that some characters are for Chase cardholders only and Disney Parks should at least give non Chase card members a chance to not be left out

There is no rumblings of this the way your mom outlined it.

There will always be ways that cost money that enable this or reduce your wait (chara yet meals, after hours hard ticket events, etc) but nothing out there at all that the *only* way to meet characters would be to pay extra.

With regards to Chase, there were Chase character meet and greets that you needed to have a chase Disney visa to do but they were generally for a couple of the Fab 5 characters - nothing you couldn't meet elsewhere just with less of a wait, unique backdrop, things like that

Now, there are rumors of FastPass coming back as a paid element and there have been some character meets that utilized FP in the past (princess fairytale hall, Tinkerbell, etc) so I guess that could be a new, indirect way to pay $ for character meets - but again that would just be to reduce the wait time, there would still be a line for those to meet the characters without paying anything extra

Only part of that that seems even partially true is it is possible pictures could be pictures being photopass only. I think the days of cm taking pics with your own phone are done.

Only part of that that seems even partially true is it is possible pictures could be pictures being photopass only. I think the days of cm taking pics with your own phone are done.

For a full group shot maybe. You can still take your own pictures if one person is ok with not being in them.

I doubt it. Disney mostly doesn't even confront line cutters. I doubt they're going to have their CMs start policing someone taking a photo.

I doubt it. Disney mostly doesn't even confront line cutters. I doubt they're going to have their CMs start policing someone taking a photo.
On a previous visit, I got scolded by a CM as I took a photo of the photos they had shown a "dress-up kiosk (I think it was SM). Thought they'd make good "frames" for some of my photos. So, some of the CMs are willing to be cops on watch

There's a serious need for a moderator here. Anyone? Bueller?... Bueller?...

tenor.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter