• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are discount codes always out there?

tidoublegger

<font color=purple>Crazy People Don't Know They're
Hi, I'm thinking of booking a trip for May '05 (I know, it's 2 years from now:D ) and am interested in a cabin at Fort Wilderness. They are fairly expensive, but I'll have 5 kids with me and it seems like the least expensive option at Disney Property with a family this big. The rack rate is somewhere around $259/night but with a code, it drops to $169/night...a substantial difference!! My question is this...are discount codes always available? Is there a possibility that Disney will do away with these codes? Thanks!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Well, it's actually basic business fundementals - If demand picks up, discouts slowly go away. If business stays the way it is, discounts will probably stay around.

With that said, there are almost always discounts during slow times of the year. Look at the "seasons" and figure there are almost always discounts during value season and they slowly go away as you move to holiday season.

They don't have to work too hard to sell space for Christmas, so very few codes then but the end of January is slow so you will see more.

As soon as reservations are available for the time you want, go ahead and book. If codes come out you can call back and add the code for the discount.

wondering when I can look to mousesavers to post long stay codes......
missed one last summer that would have covered my stay in JAN.03
ALSO, I see campers who seem to stay for the winter months...
how does that work.....WHERE CAN I find out about that.....
I will soon be booking for Jan/feb of 04....
any advice appreciated......
SPINNER.......
....not all who wander are lost......................:confused: :rolleyes:

I'd also like to know the details about the long stay codes. I've read that it has to be at least 21 days... another post mentioned somewhere around 60 days!

Can anyone shed some light on this.
Thanks.

yes, there is a discount ...i know, because I missed it last year by a week...(came out in the summer)
there is also a longer stay deal, for the winter...but dont know about that...would like to find out about that one!
ANYONE HAVE A HEADS UP ON THAT ONE.........................
spinner

We have reservations for May 27th to June 2nd....where can I get a code to help ease the costs??? I know there has to be something that I am missing.

Originally posted by lilallybean

where can I get a code to help ease the costs???

Check mousesavers.com for a listing of all current codes. Mary has the most up-to-date info!

Have fun planning--we'll be there at the same time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter