Are dining reservations just extra difficult to get right now?

I have been trying to get Steakhouse 71 for November 30th....without luck....
I would try again tomorrow. Maybe when CP packages come online tomorrow morning, some people will drop a Steakhouse 71 res and replace it with a CP dining package.

Just an FYI to everyone. The Candlelight Packages were released today and normal availability for those restaurants has definitely been opened up. Was able to get my Biergarten reservation just now.

Our ADR 60 days was yesterday. We started right at 6am and got most of what we wanted (including Victoria & Albert's - yay!). I will say that the website crashed right before 6am and we had to make all reservations from our phones. There were 2 of us working so it made it a bit easier. We also couldn't get some of our choices right at 6 but then came back to them 15-20 minutes later and there were more openings available.
Did you happen to try for/get anything in World Showcase for dinner? Those seem oddly unavailable lately.

ETA - I saw that this has been somewhat resolved.

Think its hard now, just wait till Disney rolls out their "Amazon" like club. Those who pay for the club could get an even earlier ADR time frame than the general public.

I think part of the dining issue is that everyone is trying for the same small group of restaurants. Every day there’s availability somewhere, maybe not a fan fave place, but there are reservations to be had.

Do people have success with the various dining reservation "automatic reservation searcher" sites?

We got a Landry's card and you are able to book directly with Yak & Yeti with it!
Can you tell me how this works with the Landry's card? We have a Yak & Yeti reservation for our trip next month but would like to consolidate it (currently 2 reservations for 4 each) to a group of 7 and at a slightly later time than we currently have. I absolutely don't mind signing up and paying but I just want to know what, exactly, is different? Is there a different reservation # to call, etc? Thanks for any help.

I got CRT this morning thanks the mouse dining, but may cancel if the princesses are not back before we go. I also got Sanaa (a bit late for my liking so I am trying to walk it back). I'm having the issue that on my phone, my password manager doesn't pop up when mouse dining takes me to the Disney login so I'm not getting in quickly. I'm taking mouse dining as an opportunity to see if we can broaden our options and maybe try some new places.

Can you tell me how this works with the Landry's card? We have a Yak & Yeti reservation for our trip next month but would like to consolidate it (currently 2 reservations for 4 each) to a group of 7 and at a slightly later time than we currently have. I absolutely don't mind signing up and paying but I just want to know what, exactly, is different? Is there a different reservation # to call, etc? Thanks for any help.
We have a Landry's card. Here's how it works:

Go to the front podium at Yak & Yeti and show them your card. You probably will have to wait in a line to do this, since other people are checking in and/or trying to find out if they're accepting walkups.

You do not need a reservation. You will get priority for seating, however, if you're there during a very busy time, you may still have to wait for a table. We've waited up to 30 minutes. We've also waited for about 30 seconds. It just depends on the day.

Even if they aren't taking walkups, they will take every Landry's cardholder.

Your server should ask you if you are a Landry's member, but if they don't, tell them. This happens before you order. They'll take your card and bring it back later.

The $25 (I think that's what the initial cost is) you paid for the membership will be deducted from your check, so, really, it's free.

And, even better, when you come back again, if it's your birthday month, you'll get another $25 taken off your bill. Every year. And the membership is a onetime thing. You don't have to pay every year.

HTH.

Will Ohana character breakfast be impossible to get at 60+2 the week before Xmas? Trying not to get my kiddos hopes up too much, but we are really hoping it works out.
Highly likely unless you can go as soon as it opens. Even that would be a definite maybe.

That characters are back might make it harder to get, too.

We were surprised how tough to get that was last November. We'd never before had that much trouble for the earliest slots. I think people making up for lost trips due to the pandemic is affecting ADRs that previously weren't that hard to get.

Just did ours for a sort of last minute trip.
There were slim pickings for Oct. 29-Nov. 3rd.
I am assuming things will be crowded with the new Disney normal.
Our son requested new places. Only got 1 of those. (Steak 71)

Yes, I am having trouble getting 50's Prime Time and Yak and Yeti. I got everything else mostly that I wanted. I still want to modify some times and the party if possible (one breakfast I had to do in 2 pieces).
Keep trying, we got Yak and Yeti a few weeks later.

Highly likely unless you can go as soon as it opens. Even that would be a definite maybe.

That characters are back might make it harder to get, too.

We were surprised how tough to get that was last November. We'd never before had that much trouble for the earliest slots. I think people making up for lost trips due to the pandemic is affecting ADRs that previously weren't that hard to get.
I started trying at 5:45 am EST and it was "too early to book" until finally it gave me a "no times available" at 6:01. We got Cape May Cafe, which we did with my son before my daughter was born, so I know it will be a good time, but he really wanted to meet Stitch (plus now we have to drive there v. monorail). We are doing a split stay, so I guess I will try again this weekend when our next dining window opens.

I wouldn't say that. Today is my 60 day window. I'm 8 hours after bookings opened today. I just checked, while I couldn't get CRT for breakfast on my first day, I went out to day 7 and found breakfast times available. So make sure, if you are on property, that your reservations are linked and set up on MDE and it should allow you to look out past your day 1. That would be your best bet.
can you clarify that?? Do you mean opening tabs for individual restaurants would not work? Like we should find the reservations via MDE account on the website instead of individually looking for the restaurants on the search field?

I was worried about getting dinning reservations for my upcoming trip after reading how hard it has been. But I can say this was as easy as the last time I went back in 2018 When you had 180 days. I got everything I wanted and even more. And this was for planning for a group of 15!!! And I have multiple reservations for Space, Ohana, Beaches, Steakhouse, Oga’s and Topolino’s.

Reservations I got were for the following:

California Grill
Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner
Sanaa Lunch
Steakhouse 71 Dinner
Space 220 Lounge Lunch
Sebastian’s Bistro Dinner
Sci-Fi Theater Lunch
Oga’s Cantina Lunch
Ohana Dinner
Chef Mickey’s Breakfast
Skipper Canteen Lunch
Chef Art Smith Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Le Cellier Dinner
Beaches &Cream Lunch
Victoria & Albert Dinner
Garden Grill Lunch
Liberty Tree Dinner
Topolino’s Terrace Breakfast
La Creperie Lunch

I was worried about getting dinning reservations for my upcoming trip after reading how hard it has been. But I can say this was as easy as the last time I went back in 2018 When you had 180 days. I got everything I wanted and even more. And this was for planning for a group of 15!!! And I have multiple reservations for Space, Ohana, Beaches, Steakhouse, Oga’s and Topolino’s.

Reservations I got were for the following:

California Grill
Grand Floridian Cafe Dinner
Sanaa Lunch
Steakhouse 71 Dinner
Space 220 Lounge Lunch
Sebastian’s Bistro Dinner
Sci-Fi Theater Lunch
Oga’s Cantina Lunch
Ohana Dinner
Chef Mickey’s Breakfast
Skipper Canteen Lunch
Chef Art Smith Dinner
Tusker House Breakfast
Le Cellier Dinner
Beaches &Cream Lunch
Victoria & Albert Dinner
Garden Grill Lunch
Liberty Tree Dinner
Topolino’s Terrace Breakfast
La Creperie Lunch
Welcome to the Dis! That is quite a list. And you got them all for a group of 15?
How many days is your trip? Staying onsite?

Last edited:
Thank you, I have been coming to this board every time I go to WDW, figured I should finally sign up and contribute if I can.

I will be going for 11 Days, staying on-site and having family join me throughout the trip. So they all arrive on different days with 6 of those days having the whole group together

They reservations are not all for 15 people. V&A is for 2 people with the others being anywhere from 4 up to 15. The reservations for 15 were done mostly with 2 reservations of Parties of 7& 8 done at the same time. Won’t all be at the same table but at least eating at the same restaurant at the same time.
I am the one that does all the planning whenever I go, but with this amount of people it has been a challenge, specially when it came down to food.

They sure do move fast, like FOP fast passes at 60 days circa 2018.

Made a CP dining package priority 1 at 6am yesterday then followed by Star Wars Cantina for our daughter, and at 6:05 Sci Sci Cafe on 12/23 was sold out all day and on 12/22 Art Smith’s was gone for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter