Are cruises still sailing at reduced capacity?

Hopefully Disney is thinking ahead in that as higher capacity is allowed restrictions in the theaters and pools will no longer be doable else folks will have a much diminished experience (i.e. impossible to see a show as popular as Frozen with the every other row and seats in between). In December the pools were as described above but even at 25% there were times where my kiddos had to wait in line for the next whistle. 50% has to be worse and full capacity would hopefully mean can go to the safety numbers allowed in the pools from a normal perspective.

Last week 2/26 on the Fantasy we had 2,060 passengers. Ship capacity is rated at 4,000 passengers.
Mind you, that was before Florida schools were on Spring Break. Next week's Fantasy cruise will likely be entirely different.

2/28-3/4/2022 on the Dream was reportedly 2000 passengers (we asked a few different crew members and got the same answer). The numbers have been climbing since the start of the year by 100 or 200 per cruise.

Mind you, that was before Florida schools were on Spring Break. Next week's Fantasy cruise will likely be entirely different.

we shall see , Florida is overal low rate of vaccination of 5-11. The next few weeks should be interesting to see how numbers are.

I fully agree with this. I think some lines that attract the older crowd mainly might be able to okay with vaccines and dropping just testing but DCL needs families and the amount of families eligible to cruise is actually very low overall due to the vaccine requirement. Doesn't matter what side you are on fact is only about 25-30% of 5-11 yo are fully vaccinated and new vaccinations are dropping pretty low now. Families with kids 3-11 are a huge market for their cruises especially the ones out of florida.

Disney is abiding by what the islands require.

Masks may be dropping, but don't hold your breath waiting for a vaccine requirement change anytime soon.

Disney is abiding by what the islands require.

Masks may be dropping, but don't hold your breath waiting for a vaccine requirement change anytime soon.

actually disney choose to do 5-11 they didn’t have to,most of the islands don’t require that age. Plus they could drop also. Not all cruise lines require 5-11. Vaccine requirements are dropping more places than not now, and if not it’s not the end of the world plenty of places to go that are pretty much restriction free now or soon

actually disney choose to do 5-11 they didn’t have to,most of the islands don’t require that age. Plus they could drop also. Not all cruise lines require 5-11. Vaccine requirements are dropping more places than not now, and if not it’s not the end of the world plenty of places to go that are pretty much restriction free now or soon

You do realize how many countries DCL visits right? They aren't going to have different covid requirements for different cruises. Municipal changes don't equate to international travel requirements.

You do realize how many countries DCL visits right? They aren't going to have different covid requirements for different cruises. Municipal changes don't equate to international travel requirements.

Then why aren't Royal Caribbean requiring them for 5-11? Plus Carnival allows some exemptions for Caribbean cruises and 5-11 aren't required for other markets. Yes other cruise lines are doing different requirement for different markets.

Disney still has a choice here and they don't have to be the same for every market. But again I still will side with they will be gone sooner than later, but again if not oh well.

I just got off the dream 3/4-3/7 I never got a guest count number - I did ask someone and they said they hadn’t been told. But I will say it was busy, but I’m sure it was only about half full.

Please report here if you have a chance. We are on the Dream on Monday. I too have my fingers crossed, but expectations for much higher numbers than recent sailings.
I’m sure with spring breaks it will be a bit fuller but I’m certain not to the numbers before. I would just say arrive early to different events as with social distancing there is less capacity

Honestly…barring another variant outbreak…I’d be willing to bet cruises are at or near capacity by summer. People are anxious to get back to normal!

Honestly…barring another variant outbreak…I’d be willing to bet cruises are at or near capacity by summer. People are anxious to get back to normal!

I agree. I think Wish will be sailing with near full (if not completely full) ships. I’d be very surprised if those sailings stayed at half capacity

Maybe, testing and vaccine mandates still will be keeping people away and causing people to cancel. DCL will allow full capacity by summer I bet but will the people come who knows. Locally many are worried about summer travel costs right now with the sky rocketing gas prices (which will trickle down to everything causing even more inflation), they aren't cancelling yet but if things don't stabilize get better there are many that will.

I sailed on the Magic on 2/19. There were 1350 guests, which is about 50% capacity. I didn't see a lot of positive results on the big boards where they display covid results (anonymously) so I assume there was reduced demand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter