Are covid shut downs coming to a town near you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, you guys win.
It’s all government’s fault that it wants to try and suppress the spread of the virus.

And, as seen in today’s news, it will be the government’s fault that people keep wanting to go on cruises and create a local outbreak on the ship.
Those 2 things aren't even remotely comparable.

Okay, you guys win.
It’s all government’s fault that it wants to try and suppress the spread of the virus.

And, as seen in today’s news, it will be the government’s fault that people keep wanting to go on cruises and create a local outbreak on the ship.

Ha! Nice.

Just admit you made an ignorant statement about the restaurants. We've all done it.

Okay, you guys win.

No need for the hyperbole :) You adding in cruises doesn't bolster your argument or make people more amicable to your viewpoint.

I think we all know sometimes businesses fail because they don't make the best decisions (be it financial, area, type of business, clientele, etc).

People are trying to say is the chance of a business failing because of their local government imposing restrictions due to COVID is much much higher right now. And that isn't their fault. You using examples of a place that still fails even after government assistance because you assume they simply made poor decisions does not negate all the businesses out there who can't make ends meet despite making good business decisions.

There have been some very long standing businesses in my metro that have closed up shop due to COVID. A business lasting decades seems like a sure bet they were doing something right.

I live here. If an order comes, it will be for state from the Governor, not Chicago from Mayor.
And I live here, people won't stay home, like it or not.

And the Governor has got a big pair if he's going to close all non-essential businesses again with no kind of stimulus package to help.

Not sure if you heard, but Illinois is broke! ;)
Yup. And these are the reasons were are in the mess we are in now.

Yup. And these are the reasons were are in the mess we are in now.

Everyone stayed home the first time. And everyone wears masks here in Chicago, for months.

But I just don't see people staying in their house, only allowed to leave for groceries, work, or doctor visits. Apparently they don't even want people to go out and exercise this time? People should be allowed out of the house if wearing masks and social distancing.

And no need to close a business if they follow the mask, occupancy and social distancing rules. Businesses include more than just bars. Why do you think they should close?

We follow the rules, but I won't lie, I will still be going for walks, with my mask on.

And I'm all for a shutdown by the Government to help slow spread if our people economically affected by shutdown can be supported by said Government.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter