Are character helpers touching everyone's KTTWC?

Spotthecat

Mouseketeer
When doing character photo lineups, is the character's assistant or photographer touching each passenger's key card? We're going in thinking of touching the least amount of stuff like handrails and stuff, and would love to know if they are limiting contact.

Sort of.
At the Royal Gathering, there were 5 characters, and a photographer at each station, so I had to scan my card 5 times. You can hold it, they just need to scan it with their card reader. I kept it in the lanyard and would hold that out so they could scan it.

They have to touch your card to scan it for pics, so yes, they will be taking your KTTWC at each character interaction

Sort of.
At the Royal Gathering, there were 5 characters, and a photographer at each station, so I had to scan my card 5 times. You can hold it, they just need to scan it with their card reader. I kept it in the lanyard and would hold that out so they could scan it.
Only two attended our Royal Gathering! 😳

When doing character photo lineups, is the character's assistant or photographer touching each passenger's key card? We're going in thinking of touching the least amount of stuff like handrails and stuff, and would love to know if they are limiting contact.
Covid, Flu etc is spread by airborne particles and close contact so a CM touching your KC is the least of your worries on a cruise.

I'm surprised by these answers. My last trip they were just asking for stateroom number and no one ever touched my card. This was last May. (And I think they even did that sometimes before Covid).

No judgment, but if this is an area of concern for you, I think helpers handling your KTTW card is the least of your worries.

Suggest that if you are worried about cast members touching your card, you might want to bring wipes to clean it off.

I'm surprised by these answers. My last trip they were just asking for stateroom number and no one ever touched my card. This was last May. (And I think they even did that sometimes before Covid).
It's been a mix on the last 3 DCL cruises we've been on since May, sometimes they ask for the card and sometimes just the cabin number.

I don't think anyone touched my card on our 4-day Wish cruise last month or, if so, very rarely. I kept it in the lanyard to scan off and on the ship, and I just held it up to the scanner myself (it's such a pain to pry it open if I don't need to take it out, I don't). Our servers knew our stateroom, so they just gave me the chit to sign. For purchases, I remember swiping it myself in the machine at two of the stores and tapping it on an iPad device at another one. I can't remember exactly how that was done in bars and lounges. I think they had machines there too. I don't recall pulling it out of the lanyard.

Same. My DD takes approximately one million photos per cruise and they've only ever asked our stateroom number. (Multiple sailings between 2017 and 2022.) Sometimes the photographers stop asking because they've memorized my kid's stateroom number because she takes so many dang pictures.

How do you think the cast members feel about touching all your stuff...there is plenty of sanitizer around, even at the photo sessions. Wipe down your cards before you give them to the cast members so they don't get germs. Then wipe again when you get them back.

On the Disney Dream this past October, yes they did ask for a KTTW card from one person in the stateroom.

It's not really a problem. Obviously you shouldn't be using your KTTW card to cut your steak.

Covid, Flu etc is spread by airborne particles and close contact so a CM touching your KC is the least of your worries on a cruise.
And plenty of other viruses (like norovirus) are spread through droplets/touch, so it is a valid concern. Though it usually a bit easier to avoid; as long as people wipe down their KTTW cards, and wash their hands and avoid touching their face, they should be fine.

There wasn't much enforcement on hand washing on the Wish when we did a b2b in February. We saw many families just walking through to Marceline Market. The crew was actually more forceful with hand cleaning pre covid on the other ships.

It is even a chain of touching; the greeter will ask you for your kttw and hand it over to the photographer who will then hand it back to the guest/put it with their belongings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter