Are Boathouse and Mama Melrose ok for kids?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
I’d like to try some new places this year and wondered if they’d be ok for a three and a six year old?

Certainly Boathouse is but I’ve never eaten at Mama Melrose- don’t both places have a children’s menu?

Never been to Boathouse.
Would have no worries about kids at Mama Melrose. If you are expecting great Italian, you will be disappointed. Its not bad, but nothing special either. We've enjoyed our meals there. At HS, it probably the 2nd best restaurant after Brown Derby.

I’d like to try some new places this year and wondered if they’d be ok for a three and a six year old?

We took our 1.5 year old to Boathouse for Mother's Day brunch. We ate outside and he loved looking at everything, especially the helicopters passing overhead every so often and the amphicars. :) He LOVED the kids salmon.

Honestly there are very few restaurants where a fairly well behaved child of any age would not be just fine. We have eaten at many places including lots of signatures with kids and never had an issue. Disney staff is used to kids and handles them well. Pick a time they will be hungry but not starving, not overly tired and take a few things to keep them happy in case of a longer wait and you will be fine.❤️

It’s helpful if the restaurant has entertaining things to look at and maybe keep a three year old distracted for awhile. We’ve done TRex, Rainforest and SciFi so looking for something fun for kids but with good food for the adults. Thanks!

Mama Melrose is definitely child friendly. My daughter lost one of her first teeth while we were dining there. Our server made such a sweet gesture and wrapped it in the tiniest little box for her to take home to the tooth fairy. To this day it is one of our fondest memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter