Are AP rates out yet for May?

I was transfered to someone in the AP area when I called CRO and she said to look for the rates on the 24th, 26th or 28th.

I am very interested as well. If anyone hears before I do please post it and bup it a few times. I will do the same!

Glenn

I'm very happy with $139 even without the AP discount, but hey they want to give us a cheaper rate, I won't complain.

When I was on the phone with CRO on Saturday.......and she was someone that seemed to know what she was doing:)
....anyway.....when I asked about AP rates she said to keep checking back. And she felt there might be something as early as Thursday or Friday of this week.:)

Originally posted by cindyfan
When I was on the phone with CRO on Saturday.......and she was someone that seemed to know what she was doing:)
....anyway.....when I asked about AP rates she said to keep checking back. And she felt there might be something as early as Thursday or Friday of this week.:)

Thanks Cindyfan - I hope you are right!!!

I'm leaving in just 4 weeks and still no AP rates for April!!! I'm starting to panic now. I went ahead and booked the Dolphin (teacher rate) but I had my heart set on the POLY , but don't want to pay more than $300/nt.

WDW2000
I got a gardenview room at The POly for $272 a night- (that includes tax). for the first week of May

Originally posted by WDW2000
I'm leaving in just 4 weeks and still no AP rates for April!!! I'm starting to panic now. I went ahead and booked the Dolphin (teacher rate) but I had my heart set on the POLY , but don't want to pay more than $300/nt.

What are your dates? I would be surprised if there are AP rates for April 10 to 26 because of Easter.

I would be surprised if there are AP rates for April 10 to 26 because of Easter.
Normally I would agree. But this is definitely not a typical year.
They have just this past week started cutting and cancelling like crazy!:mad: Including the Easter weeks. They have slashed hours for the week after Easter so bad we have had to reschedule most of our PS and changed our plans for what parks on what days.
What I am getting at is this........
IMHO they need to compensate us somehow!! And that includes those traveling during Easter.
So I'm hoping they realize this and at least come up with something during those couple weeks.

Have they cut anything besides hours? I expect the hour reduction is a sign of reduced demand forcast. I would guess they will send out some -- please come ads soon.

I also would bet that the cut hours will be very different than the actual hours. They will most likely float these with crowd size - at least I hope so for you. :) I have noticed a lot of uncommon variation in the hours when you pick up a guide at the park.

My dates are April 22nd-26th. I was on the Disney website a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the parks were open pretty late during the week I'll be there. I hadn't heard they cut back hours, If so I think that is really bad thing to do to people who shell out thousands of dollars anticipating that the information on hours they give on their website is correct. I specifically planned this week, because I noticed it was the only week that month the parks had extended hours. If they are going to base their hours on attendance week to week, then they definitely should not advertise specific hours and just be honest about it.

DizneyFreak - where did you get that rate at the Poly? I called today and was quoted $450/nt for Garden View. I would definitely switch my ressies if I get the rate you were quoted.

RobMax.....the have also cancelled all the showings of the fireworks and Spectro Magic during our stay except for that Thursday.......they did have fireworks every night and Spectro on Thursday and Sunday. Also, cancelled the 10pm showing of Fantasmic for Friday and Saturday. Our plan was for Fantasmic Friday night and MK on Sunday night. Yes they will have Fantasmic at 8:30, but we had planned to hit TOT and RRC a few times before the 10pm show.
I think the biggest disappointment is that MK will close BEFORE sun-down!!:( We really enjoy the Magic of MK in the evening hours.....the lights, etc.

I fully understand the whole "adjust the hours to meet the crowds" thing! And they have cut hours from now through April. But they have also made available discount codes and AP rates from now til April 9th. Which is also I assume due to lower attendance. So.....they why not release some discount rates for the time around Easter where the hours have also been cut. Especially for the dates beginning April 24...which is where they really started slashing the hours, etc.

Sorry, I didn't want to start another "hours" debate.:rolleyes:

Okay, called this morning. This is what I was told.....
The CM said they just got an updated calendar. And that the FL. resident codes just came out and the AP rates are ususally released at the same time.
But there was nothing in the system.
But on her calendar....it said AP rates for April 28th through July 3rd will be available to book beginning April 28th!
I thought it was odd that you couldn't book till April, and she thought it odd too. Maybe a typo!.....Maybe it meant March 28th.
She said it would be in the Mickey Monitor for the May issue.
And that it was not showing what the rates might be.:confused:

So....for what it's worth......
I'd say for sure to check next Friday March 28th.:D

.......it said AP rates for April 28th through July 3rd will be available to book beginning April 28th!
I thought it was odd that you couldn't book till April, and she thought it odd too. Maybe a typo!.....Maybe it meant March 28th.

AP rates only through 7/3? When are they going to release any codes, AP rates past then!:rolleyes:

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

...it said AP rates for April 28th through July 3rd will be available to book beginning April 28th!...

Talk about last minute!!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter