Are any WDW resort pools CHILLED?

We just checked out of WL and the Boulder Ridge pool was bath water. Very warm and not refreshing like Saratoga's quiet pool last weekend. The shallow end of course was the warmest point. Hearing the comments of people getting in was funny after awhile.

We didn't try the main pool.

The water at our beach (Tampa/St Pete) is 93 degrees :crazy2:

ETA: some kids did try throwing a bunch of ice in it and it melted within a minute - they were so bummed :rotfl:

If pools really are over 100 degrees, this would be a huge sanitation issue as they'd literally be flying through chemicals
The water temperature doesn't affect the chlorine levels it's the UV from the sun that would burn it off quickly. However I can guarantee the pools have just the right amount of Cyanuric Acid stabilizer mixed in to keep the chlorine from burning off in that brutal morning to night sun most of the pools get. As for the temps, I have a solar blanket for my pool here in the northeast where it's been very hot this summer. If I leave it on for a day or two in the blazing sun the pool gets into the 90s. Once it's off for a few hours the water loses a lot of it's retained heat and stabilizes in the 80s.

I would think the daily rain would help cool the temps down.
If it rained everyday, it would I think, but it doesn't always rain daily - esp this summer. Disney even had to suspend boats from DS hotels for a bit due to low water levels. We are in drought conditions near my house.

We stayed on site this weekend and last. We didn't get a drop of rain either weekend.

It's been a weird summer weatherwise.

If it rained everyday, it would I think, but it doesn't always rain daily - esp this summer. Disney even had to suspend boats from DS hotels for a bit due to low water levels. We are in drought conditions near my house.

We stayed on site this weekend and last. We didn't get a drop of rain either weekend.

This. We’ve been here for several days and it hasn’t rained/stormed. So weird for August.

This. We’ve been here for several days and it hasn’t rained/stormed. So weird for August.
We were there last week (7/30-8/5) and there was one day that it didn’t rain and one day that it didn’t rain much. There was one day where it rained off and on for 4-ish hours. Actually, when we got there on the 30th, we picked up our rental car and had to pull over one point because it was raining so hard we couldn’t even see to drive. I guess we got a “normal Florida weather” week!

We stayed at Bay Lake Tower second week of June. To us, the pool at BLT was uncomfortably warm, to the point of not being refreshing. We preferred swimming over at the Contemporary, where the pool was still warm, but better than BLT. I assumed that was because the Contemporary pool is so much bigger.
I’m here now and I wanted to go into a cool/cold pool was unpleasantly surprised that the BLT pool is like bath water. It’s been hot so this is definitely not refreshing. I wish BLT has a quiet pool too.

I wish BLT has a quiet pool too.

You may know this and/or mean you’d like a quiet pool closer and I’m being ‘that guy’ pointing it out (if so, I’m sorry!), but just making sure you know you can use the CR pools as well, if looking for an alternative. Although I’m assuming the no shade bullseye pool is likely pretty toasty as well if there’s been no rain in awhile.

While in the meantime, New England has been getting drenched and Vermont has had major flooding that has been catastrophic. Weird, indeed.

We were at Saratoga Springs 7/31-8/9. While it rained a lot the first week, it barely rained the last 3-4 days and was about 90 degrees at 10pm. We go this week a lot and have never felt it like that. The kids went over to the Paddock Pool once and came back, it was way too warm and not remotely refreshing. We have been in the Kidani pool and BLT pool many times this time of year that felt like bath water so can't even imagine what those felt like this year.

Note, we have an inground pool in PA. I won't even get in our pool if the water is below 80 and prefer 84 or above. We have had a really cool summer up here, so the extra hot Florida weather this year was a complete shock to us. The pools were anything but refreshing though last week!

We just came home today from a split BLT/AKL-Jambo stay. I completely agree about the pool temps!! We have never had pool water so warm in any of our trips before! BLT's did seem a little warmer even than Jambo's, but not by much.

I live in Buffalo. We had one week of highs around 95 last year. Our in-ground pool got to 91, with no heater. Why would Florida be cooler?

The OCEAN temperature in the Florida Keys reached 101 degrees this year. So I think this year is different.
A pool and the ocean are not the same in regards to temps.
Just because the ocean is over 100, you can't assume a pool is
Pools get enough night cool downs, refreshed water and rain to maintain a lower temp

This isn't a resort report, but I live about 30 minutes west of property off of I-4 so I'm pretty close. There has been very little rain this season. We're in a deficit. That being said, my daughter lives on the east side of Orlando and they've been getting something a little more like normal rainfall.
The overnight temps haven't been that low either, low 80's, high 70's so not much cooling down going on.
We have two community pools and they were very close to the 100 mark according to the thermometer. I use the pools for exercise and it's been horrible, like hot tub temps as someone said. I actually got overheated doing laps. I do keep water at the edge and hit it every couple of laps but not refreshing and hard to exercise in.
Anyway, just an observation.

At CSR now. The water coming off of the Aztec temple that goes into the main pool is way colder than the water in the pool. The pool is still warm so it may be that the temple water is the normal 81 or 82 they shoot for. So technically it is cooled to an extent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter