• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are Annual Pass room discounts worth it?

twodogs

DIS Veteran
We are considering upgrading to an AP for the first time, but we are trying to decide the value of the AP for us. We typically stay at the GCH. Are there readily available room only discounts, and are they better than the public offers available at any given time? Just trying to put this into our calculations, if they are pretty available. If they are not, I will not consider that a feature that will sway the calculation. We always stay over a weekend, and often on holidays (such as Memorial Day or Easter, but not Christmas or Thanksgiving). Thanks all!

I agree with Malcon10t. Don’t make this part of your calculations. AP hotel rates frequently book up very quickly after the blocks are released.

They do also offer AP specials that run concurrently with specials available to the general public when they have those but who knows what they’ll do in the next year- depends on crowds for SWGE. Usually these specials are the same discount as the public (occasionally slightly more) but they throw in extras like FPs or $25 dining certificate for each person on the reservation.

No. Not for a room discout

They aren’t offen. They aren’t the same like they used to be. And usually are from Sunday to Thursday

They are usually the same, just offered earlier than the public. They may add perks. Dining voucher and fast pass. Years ago, I booked GCH for $250. Had a free dinner voucher per guest. Plus a fast pass. It was fantastic. We had a free dinner at Carthay and just paid for alcohol plus full tip. I haven’t seen that same deal ever. The voucher is now just $20. And room discounts are 15-25%

Definitely not worth it. Every time I have booked a room at the Grand Californian, the AP discount has been no different than the public discount. The only difference is they throw in one FastPass per guest and a $20 dining certificate.

We are AP first timers, and most of our trips are on weekends. While I haven't seen an AP hotel discount, we really make use of the 20% on merch and whatever it is for food. I have a weakness for those cute Dooney bags, and I still can't believe it when I get the discount! Our goal is to get sick of Disney...not working so far. So I inwardly shake when I think of the future and I go back to paying full price :sad:

Does everyone in the party have to have an AP to book the room? For example, at our hotel you only need 1 AP to be able to get the 20% discount. If you only need one, that one might be worth it and you get discounts on merch and food.

Have fun!
Kriss :tink:

Thanks for all of these great insights. If only one person has an AP and say you eat at Napa Rose or character dining, do you get the AP discount on everyone’s food if the AP pays for all of it?

Thanks for all of these great insights. If only one person has an AP and say you eat at Napa Rose or character dining, do you get the AP discount on everyone’s food if the AP pays for all of it?

Yes, if the person with the AP pays for it! This goes for all dining, character, fancy, or quickservice. :thumbsup2

HTH,
Kriss :tink:

The discount applies to the entire check, but be aware Napa Rode does not offer any discounts, AP or otherwise.

Melissa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter