Are annual dues. due by January 15 or February 15?

Question - say my monthly dues are $200 and I am enrolled in monthly auto payment with bank draft.
If I buy a Disney Gift card and go in before the 15th of the month - do I go to Annual Dues Payment and pay by Contract "Apply Other Amount"?
If I pay the amount my monthly dues are say in January - but since I still owe Feb-Dec dues - will it make a monthly auto payment with bank draft still?

I guess I am confused about the steps.

Thanks in advance oh wise ones!!

Pay other amount by contract using gift card, it will then adjust your payment the following month if you pay more than one months worth.

Yes, if you want to pay with a GC, just click Pay by Contract -> Pay Other Amount. If on Jan. 10 you pay off the amount scheduled to be drafted on Jan. 15, it will tell you that your next payment will be Feb. 15 and will be $xx. It will draft that amount out of your bank account on Feb. 15, unless you go in before that and apply another GC. If on Jan. 10 you pay only part of what you owe, then on Jan. 15 it will draft the balance of what you owed for that payment, and on Feb. 15 will draft the regular monthly amount (unless you pay that down prior to Feb. 15). We have found that to be very helpful - we buy Disney GCs using the Target Red Card. We try to pay more than the monthly payment, but sometimes that just doesn't work for our budget, so sometimes we skip a GC or make a smaller advance payment.

Thanks so much!!
You learn something new every day! We've been members since 2001.

Oh wow I also thought you could only do monthly ACH payments, next year I'll definitely stretch it out when I can't get a great deal on gift cards (>6%)

Yes! The system will warn you that the amount over will be applied as a credit to the next year's dues, but you can still complete the transaction despite the warning. You have to do it as Pay Balance -> Pay By Contract and can use a credit card (I honestly can't remember whether it's restricted to Disney Visa, but I don't think it is), Disney gift card, or Disney rewards card.

Be aware that when you do this, they will still take a payment out in January if you pay before dues are posted. We took advantage of the Sam’s Club discount at Thanksgiving and instead of waiting, I paid that day (didn’t want to take a chance of misplacing the GCs). When dues posted, they deducted the overpayment first and then took the balance owed divided by 12 to determine the monthly payment.

Also, if you pay a lot more than the monthly payment, they will apply it to future payments. I just made a GC payment and my next payment isn’t due until April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter