• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are all DVC coffee makers the same?

JessLCH

DIS Veteran
We have upcoming stays in 1 bedrooms at BLT and Kidani. Do we need cone or basket style filters? Thanks!

Basket - and yes.

Well, I think the studios might still have the small basket coffee makers that take the smaller filters - don't know for sure. But the one bedrooms its a full sized basket.

The last few studios we've stayed in have 4c Mr. Coffee makers - you'll notice the stores sell both 4C and 8C filter packs of coffee.

I think you could always call housekeeping and ask for larger coffee pot, if you get the four cup one. I'm pretty sure we have always had the 8 cup one in our studios. Stupid change IMO, a 4 cup is like a two cup pot.

Agree on the 4 cup coffee maker. We've had the full size in the studios in the past which makes sense - same occupancy as the 1BR. If you have 4 adults in the studio you would need to draw straws on who gets the first pot as it's really closer to 2 cups.

In our 1 and 2BR's we've had different brands of coffee makers but they've all been the 10 or 12 cup with basket style.

Yes, some studios do have the smaller pot. If you need the larger one, just call housekeeping and they will bring you a larger one. We've encountered the small one a few times and it's never been a problem switching. Actually they never took the small one, they just brought a bigger one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter