Aquatica worth it?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We have the 10 day Sea World/Aquatica ticket and it is supposed to be hot next week on our trip. I looked at Tripadvisor and a lot of recent reviews for Aquatica were really poor and said lots of stuff is closed. Has anyone been recently and is it worth a few hours? Thanks!

It's been three years since I've been (returning this May) with the kids (all in high school). It is our favorite water park, all things considered. The theming is better at the Disney parks (from what I remember) but the combination of the number of various rides and relatively lighter crowds make it a winner for us. When we decided to return this May, my kids immediately started chattering about the "not-so-lazy river," it's their favorite thing to do there.

Even if half the park is closed, the fast river is worth a trip. That river is the bomb.

I went May 2021 and while some rides opened an hour or so after the park opens, we still had a grand time. It is a half-day park, but to me all water parks are half-day parks.

I put it right on par with Volcano Bay, for variety of slides & overall enjoyment. I actually like Aquatica's fast river better. VB has better overall theming & nicer sit-on-a-lounger areas, but Aquatica has neat Commerson's dolphins & is cheaper (or free with Discovery Cove).

We were there in January. The area that has Loggerhead Lane (the traditional lazy river -- not to be confused with Roa's Rapids), Tassies Twisters (the "toilet bowl" slides), and Dolphin Plunge is closed for refurbishment. And also during this time of year, they generally keep one of the two wave pools closed, as well as several of the food locations.....so the guest experience is definitely impacted right now.

That said, we had a blast (as always), and had a wonderful day with an insanely cheap rental cabana. Just know before you go, and manage your expectations. That said, I'm with @CAPSLOCK ..... just put me in the lazy river for the day and I'm a happy girl!!

Roa Rapids was the best lazy river we have ever been to. After we went to Aquatica and went on Roa, we went to disney's water parks and their lazy river stunk! Roa is awesome!

We were there in January. The area that has Loggerhead Lane (the traditional lazy river -- not to be confused with Roa's Rapids), Tassies Twisters (the "toilet bowl" slides), and Dolphin Plunge is closed for refurbishment. And also during this time of year, they generally keep one of the two wave pools closed, as well as several of the food locations.....so the guest experience is definitely impacted right now.

That said, we had a blast (as always), and had a wonderful day with an insanely cheap rental cabana. Just know before you go, and manage your expectations. That said, I'm with @CAPSLOCK ..... just put me in the lazy river for the day and I'm a happy girl!!

Omaka Rocka is now down for extended refurbishment

Roa Rapids was the best lazy river we have ever been to. After we went to Aquatica and went on Roa, we went to disney's water parks and their lazy river stunk! Roa is awesome!

You can't compare the two. Roa's Rapids is not a lazy river its an action river. Loggerhead lane which is currently closed is Aquatica's lazy river and more comparable to Disney water park ones which then I give the heads up to Disney since they are so much longer.

my kids could spend the whole day in Roa's rapids. As long as that is open, we will be there.

We were just there last week. There was quite a bit closed…the traditional lazy river, Omacka Rocka, Dolphin Plunge, and the tube slides conneted to the lazy river. That being said, if it comes with your tickets, it is worth the trip still. The action river, wave pool, family slides, the rapid racer tube slides, the body slides, the other tube slides, and the kid’s play area are all still open.

I agree with previous comments. Theming is better at Disney but Aquatica is better for fun. They have been steadily adding rides over the years which equals newer rides and more rides. Roa's Rapids is the best. Haven't made it to Volcano Bay so I can't comment.

If it's included anyway certainly worth a trip. We like Aquatica and overall I think its the most for your money water park in Orlando. However, I will say that during our recent trip Aquatica was the biggest disappointed we had but that was because of crowds not the park itself. Several attractions were closed (which isn't abnormal for any park) and it was a busy February break week. We didn't really notice the crowds nearly as much in SW and BG but we sure did notice them at Aquatica. Lines for any of the actual tubes/slides were too long to even think about waiting for until the end of the day. The not so lazy river aforementioned is a favorite or ours and our kids spent hours in it, mainly because that is pretty much all they could do but it also was absolutely packed. We had not experienced this during previous visits to Aquatica and dont know all the factors at play that made it this way, but overall it is (or atleast can be) a great waterpark with lots of attractions.

If it's included anyway certainly worth a trip. We like Aquatica and overall I think its the most for your money water park in Orlando. However, I will say that during our recent trip Aquatica was the biggest disappointed we had but that was because of crowds not the park itself. Several attractions were closed (which isn't abnormal for any park) and it was a busy February break week. We didn't really notice the crowds nearly as much in SW and BG but we sure did notice them at Aquatica. Lines for any of the actual tubes/slides were too long to even think about waiting for until the end of the day. The not so lazy river aforementioned is a favorite or ours and our kids spent hours in it, mainly because that is pretty much all they could do but it also was absolutely packed. We had not experienced this during previous visits to Aquatica and dont know all the factors at play that made it this way, but overall it is (or atleast can be) a great waterpark with lots of attractions.

Loggerhead lane, Reef plunge and Tassie Twisters are all suppose to open on March 12 so if they do that should help.

We were at Aquatica last Tuesday. Both lazy rivers were open. While Disney may have better theming, this park had a ton to do, and didn’t feel busy. I would highly recommend! So much for every age group. We will definitely be back! Cant recommend enough

We're going to Sea World and Aquatica in a few weeks for the first time. How does the Fast River compare with the Fast River in Atlantis?

we went to Aquatica on Easter weekend and it was slammed. it was so busy, we only got on a few slides. The lines were sooo long. we also didn't eat all day (except for a bag of chips and an Icee). The lineups for food were very very very long, even the places with mobile ordering. I'm sure we would have a different experience on a not so busy day/ not holiday weekend but it was not enjoyable at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter