APs and the 7 day FP+ Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikki G

Mouseketeer
I'm new to being an AP holder and I'm trying to figure out all the ins and outs. I know that there is a 7 day fast pass limit when you are booking. What I'm unclear about, does that mean you are limited to a seven day span (say Sunday-Saturday) or 7 non-consecutive fast pass days spread over 10 days or so? For example, if you have a trip booked for 10 days, but the first fast pass booked won't even start until day 4 of the trip, at what point does that seven days start? We will have 5 park days in total but spread out over the time. I just don't want a surprise if I go to book our fast passes 60 days out but end up a few days shy at the end of the trip. Hope that makes sense!

I'm new to being an AP holder and I'm trying to figure out all the ins and outs. I know that there is a 7 day fast pass limit when you are booking. What I'm unclear about, does that mean you are limited to a seven day span (say Sunday-Saturday) or 7 non-consecutive fast pass days spread over 10 days or so? For example, if you have a trip booked for 10 days, but the first fast pass booked won't even start until day 4 of the trip, at what point does that seven days start? We will have 5 park days in total but spread out over the time. I just don't want a surprise if I go to book our fast passes 60 days out but end up a few days shy at the end of the trip. Hope that makes sense!

You may be overthinking this.

Without an onsite stay, any 7 days of FPs over the next 30 days.

With an onsite stay, all days of FPs during your stay 60+ days out.

Excerpted from the FP FAQ:
- Onsite guests can book FPs for their entire stay, for as many days as they have tickets for. The maximum number of days is at least 14—reliable data beyond this number is unclear. Practically speaking, this means FPs can be booked for more than 70 days away.

- Annual Pass (AP) holders have similar benefits as onsite guests when staying at an onsite resort. The primary difference is that AP holders can book up to 7 days of FPs at all times, and more if the length of the onsite stay is greater.

I hope I am overthinking this! I read the little passholder booklet Disney gave me and it mentioned nothing about a maximum number of 14 days. It simply said an AP on-site resort guest could book 7 days worth of fast passes, with no other details, hence my confusion.

I hope I am overthinking this! I read the little passholder booklet Disney gave me and it mentioned nothing about a maximum number of 14 days. It simply said an AP on-site resort guest could book 7 days worth of fast passes, with no other details, hence my confusion.

That is incorrect. Onsite AP guests can book for more than 7 days, as noted above.

If so, its not only merely wrong, its really most sincerely wrong.

Coroner.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, I see now, I probably misread it (likely as I've been reading so many things it all swims together). I was really confused about why on earth an AP holder would be limited to 7 days worth of fast passes as that didn't seem quite fair. Thanks for the help, at least I can stop worrying about that piece of the puzzle!

Normally, AP holders ARE limited to 7 days of advance-booked FP+.

But, on-site stays change that limit.
So if my DD has an AP and the rest of the family doesn't, as long as she's on the reservation I can book her FP at 60 days out as well?

(Just so you know CMs still state this incorrectly. I just got off a call with IT (called for other reasons) - she said I can only prebook 7 days of FP for my 17 day onsite stay. I told her we each have AP and 7 days of no expire tickets, all linked to MDE. She said still 7 days. I said I thought it was 14? She looked it up and said yes 14.)

Ok if I ask here: Can I really only book 14 days in advance, and then no more until I use one of those days (that's what the CM said). Meaning for days 15 to 17 of my visit I'd only be able to book 13 days in advance, despite being onsite with AP and 7 days of tickets.

I was hoping that it was 14 days at 60 days in advance of check in date, and then when I'm 60 days out from the 15 day onsite, then I can book that day FP, etc.?

(Just so you know CMs still state this incorrectly. I just got off a call with IT (called for other reasons) - she said I can only prebook 7 days of FP for my 17 day onsite stay. I told her we each have AP and 7 days of no expire tickets, all linked to MDE. She said still 7 days. I said I thought it was 14? She looked it up and said yes 14.)

Ok if I ask here: Can I really only book 14 days in advance, and then no more until I use one of those days (that's what the CM said). Meaning for days 15 to 17 of my visit I'd only be able to book 13 days in advance, despite being onsite with AP and 7 days of tickets.

I was hoping that it was 14 days at 60 days in advance of check in date, and then when I'm 60 days out from the 15 day onsite, then I can book that day FP, etc.?
i had same problem limit was 14 days and when i called, CM said i had to use up a FP. that was incorrect. i did my 14 days at my window and the next morning i was able to book FP's for my 15th day. did this just two weeks ago for my May trip

i had same problem limit was 14 days and when i called, CM said i had to use up a FP. that was incorrect. i did my 14 days at my window and the next morning i was able to book FP's for my 15th day. did this just two weeks ago for my May trip
Thank you so much for replying! Love having the Disboards around - so, so much more knowledge than calling Disney. (I was ready to do a 17 night new resort ressie, just to test it out.)

Ohhh thanks. We have a 15 night stay booked and I didn’t know you could only book the first 14 days. Glad to know I can get on the next day and book 15th day. Won’t need any the 16th day. I didn’t know there was an on-site limit!

I'm late to this party but it seems to me that Disney selling a ticket entitlement "Annual Pass" and then restricting utilizing an important feature such as FP+ distribution is disingenuous. While I understand there needs to be some rules for FP+ distribution the current max of 7 when not on property or if you have stays on and off property is overly restrictive. I believe at some point it was a max of 7 within a 30 day period for off property guests which is an appropriate rule. As far as on property stays if you're lucky enough to be there greater than 14 days you should have the ability to book FP+ for your entire stay at once. While some references to the FP+ distribution maximum in the AP booklet might cover them, again in my opinion it is disingenuous to sell a ticket entitlement Annual Pass and not disclose clearly and accurately how your ticket will be restricted for FP+ distribution.

I'm late to this party but it seems to me that Disney selling a ticket entitlement "Annual Pass" and then restricting utilizing an important feature such as FP+ distribution is disingenuous. While I understand there needs to be some rules for FP+ distribution the current max of 7 when not on property or if you have stays on and off property is overly restrictive. I believe at some point it was a max of 7 within a 30 day period for off property guests which is an appropriate rule. As far as on property stays if you're lucky enough to be there greater than 14 days you should have the ability to book FP+ for your entire stay at once. While some references to the FP+ distribution maximum in the AP booklet might cover them, again in my opinion it is disingenuous to sell a ticket entitlement Annual Pass and not disclose clearly and accurately how your ticket will be restricted for FP+ distribution.

I don't think it's as nefarious as you make it sound. They have so many different tickets and options that it can be hard to sort out how everything works. I do agree though that they could be more clear. But I also think a lot of it is CM's that just aren't aware like they should be.

Ohhh thanks. We have a 15 night stay booked and I didn’t know you could only book the first 14 days. Glad to know I can get on the next day and book 15th day. Won’t need any the 16th day. I didn’t know there was an on-site limit!
The explanation for booking for Long Onsite Stays is in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky.

I bought a 10 day park hopper ticket and a 1 day ticket instead of annual pass because the CM on the phone told me annual pass is limited to 7 days even though I have a 12 night reservation. I found out from disboards too late.

The explanation for booking for Long Onsite Stays is in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky.

I was so confused by my quoted statement because we are staying 14 nights and then I realized this was my situation a year ago when we stayed 15 nights. Turns out it was a lot easier staying 1 less night this year. No split stay needed which was a relief after all the chaos caused by the changes Disney made that at least temporarily made split stays difficult to book fast passes. We had to do a split stay to get the discount last year for 15 nights. Also I could book all of my fast passes at once this year which really isn’t that big of a deal but made it a little easier. At least I got 2 long stays out of my AP.

There's also a current software issue that is affecting on-site stays that are close together, which AP holders tend to do. Here's the link. Some of you may be hitting this. Some CMs are unaware of the actual policy too.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...-not-split-stays-read-post-406.3737301/unread

Thanks for this. I’m having trouble booking FP for an on site stay that is 26 days after my last trip. Called Disney and a CM said it didn’t matter if I was staying on site or not 30 days was the rule. Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter